Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MBB: Arizona State 69, Arizona 66 (2OT)

Tuned in to this with about 2 min left. ASU was up 5.

I then watched the following...

- ASU touch fouling Gordon, who hit the shot and the FT
    - ASU PG Carson dribbling around for the entire shot clock, no passing, then a decent shot, but missed
    - Zona miss, ASU rebound
    - Another ASU possession with the PG dribbling the entire shot clock, then throwing to a teammate, who falls, throws the ball toward the Zona basket - turnover, tie game
    - Yet ANOTHER ASU possession with the PG dribbling the entire shot clock - literally drives into traffic, dribbles under the basket, dribbles back out, no passes; Sendek calls a timeout with 7 seconds left; ASU PG wastes a second or two on the inbounds, then jumps like he's about to shoot a 3 and is WIDE OPEN but inexplicably passes to his teammate with 3 seconds on the shot clock, who then airballs for a shot clock violation
    - Zona misses a few shots

It's insane how these top ranked teams like Syracuse and Arizona are being beaten a majority of games and then somehow manage to not only claw back in, but have the other team completely abandon what has been working all game and choke away the game.

They're now in OT and Zona has the ball with 21 seconds left and a tie game. Likely another Zona win.

I've seen pick up games at the YMCA that were better played than this one. I would love for Duke to get a shot at U of A in the tourney. They are not close to the team they were early in the year.

It would be nice to shut my U of A friends up with a tourney loss.

Double overtime. 6 points scored for each team in 5 minutes.

They've needed two halves and an OT to score 57 points each. Awful.

As a lifelong duke fan and a current ASU student, tonight is great so far!

Both teams are under 60% from the FT line. Both have attempted 26 FTs.

For the record, Arizona was 21-28 (80%) from the line against Duke. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Tuned in to this with about 2 min left. ASU was up 5.

I then watched the following...

- ASU touch fouling Gordon, who hit the shot and the FT
    - ASU PG Carson dribbling around for the entire shot clock, no passing, then a decent shot, but missed
    - Zona miss, ASU rebound
    - Another ASU possession with the PG dribbling the entire shot clock, then throwing to a teammate, who falls, throws the ball toward the Zona basket - turnover, tie game
    - Yet ANOTHER ASU possession with the PG dribbling the entire shot clock - literally drives into traffic, dribbles under the basket, dribbles back out, no passes; Sendek calls a timeout with 7 seconds left; ASU PG wastes a second or two on the inbounds, then jumps like he's about to shoot a 3 and is WIDE OPEN but inexplicably passes to his teammate with 3 seconds on the shot clock, who then airballs for a shot clock violation
    - Zona misses a few shots

It's insane how these top ranked teams like Syracuse and Arizona are being beaten a majority of games and then somehow manage to not only claw back in, but have the other team completely abandon what has been working all game and choke away the game.

They're now in OT and Zona has the ball with 21 seconds left and a tie game. Likely another Zona win.
    2OT now. Typical Herb-like game. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

First team to 65 wins.

And the PG for ASU makes me appreciate our Quinn Cook a million times more now.

What a ball hog that guy is!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    2OT now. Typical Herb-like game. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

First team to 65 wins.

And the PG for ASU makes me appreciate our Quinn Cook a million times more now.

What a ball hog that guy is!
    Their best player is Marshall. He hasn't taken a shot in either OT that I have seen. It's not Zona's defense. They just haven't been giving him the ball.

And as I say that, they finally get him a shot and he nails a 3.

2004 Stanford says hello.

Wow. So, McConnell gets his shot blocked. Carson, rather than running the clock out (ASU had the lead), dunks. THEN HANGS ON THE FRIGGIN RIM. .8 seconds left. How hilarious would it be if they T up Carson for hanging on the rim, Zona only down 3?

Their best player is Marshall. He hasn't taken a shot in either OT that I have seen. It's not Zona's defense. They just haven't been giving him the ball.

And as I say that, they finally get him a shot and he nails a 3.
    That was crazy!!!

Should have been a Tech on Carson for hanging on the rim.

As I type, I see they are reviewing now.

Jahii Carson is so dumb.

Carson deserved a technical. Chin up on the rim? Jabari got one for slapping the backboard!

They explained that they stopped play when the crowd rushed the floor, so no tech. Weird.

The crowd wasn't who rushed the court first - it was the ASU bench.

Johnson almost Ennis-ed ASU.

Wow. So, McConnell gets his shot blocked. Carson, rather than running the clock out (ASU had the lead), dunks. THEN HANGS ON THE FRIGGIN RIM. .8 seconds left. How hilarious would it be if they T up Carson for hanging on the rim, Zona only down 3?
    The changed the rule, now you only get a hanging-on-the-tim T if your name is Jabari Parker.

Carson has been Arizona's MVP tonight.

If I didn't know better, I'd say the guy's point shaving.

LOL at Walton complaining about court rushing. He's just mad his second favorite team lost.

Carson has been Arizona's MVP tonight.

If I didn't know better, I'd say the guy's point shaving.
    No way. Marshall has been their best player. They've won in SPITE of Carson. Carson had 17 points and 5 turnovers and shot 7-17. Plus, terrible decision making down the stretch.

Marshall had 29 points on 11-25 shooting and bailed them out at the end.

LOL at Walton complaining about court rushing. He's just mad his second favorite team lost.
    He's probably just paranoid someone in the crowd will pick-pocket his "stash".

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Jahii Carson is so dumb.
    Indeed. I would have T'd him up immediately and not thought twice about it. For those that did not see it, he didn't just "hang on the rim". He dunked, hung on the rim with legs swinging, then does a pull up to get his chin to the rim, kicking his legs up again, and finally let's go. That should have been an easy call no matter the situation.

Bonehead stupid play.

No way. Marshall has been their best player. They've won in SPITE of Carson. Carson had 17 points and 5 turnovers and shot 7-17. Plus, terrible decision making down the stretch.

Marshall had 29 points on 11-25 shooting and bailed them out at the end.
    Notice I said he was ARIZONA'S mvp, not ASU.

Notice I said he was ARIZONA'S mvp, not ASU.
    LOL

So you did. Carry on!