Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    The Dean Dome is not an intimidating place to play and they know it. The ONLY reason they are upset that the game was cancelled is because they thought that they could actually get an exciting environment to play for once... sad isn't it, that you need your season ticket fans to stay away in order to have a loud/exciting environment to play in.

It has become the norm in CH to blame others for circumstances created solely by their own actions. THEY CREATED THE DEAN DOME... It has no character to call it's own and it is notoriously quite MOST of the time, in fact they have to create pseudo excitement with pumped in music before the tip off... after that is sneaker squeaks the rest of the game, with an occasional stupor inducing "taaaarrrrrrr...heeeeeeelssss chant mixed in. Place is flat our boring and they know it. Go over to IC and read some of the comments directed at their own lower section fans...

So, who's fault is it that it is one of the least intimidating places to play in the ACC...

Well in this case it is Coach K's fault, because despite the fact that EVERYTHING in the triangle was shut down due to the weather, he wasn't "man" enough to risk getting to the DD to play the game, because he was scared of the crowd... how stupid is that?

They are plenty upset, but it is because they know they missed the ONE opportunity to have a "special" crowd in the DD... so of course in true UNC tradition... blame it on someone else...
    Last edited by oldnavy; 02-15-2014 at 07:53 AM.

"Wait 'til next year"

might soon be replaced with

"We coulda beat you last Wednesday."

Next game - Maryland
    Everything else - noise to be ignored

Quote Originally Posted by DBFAN View Post
    I am not sure of what went on with Roy, and Bubba, but I do know that FB and Twitter blew up with outrage from Carolina fans that K didn't get his team there. Everything from they should have planned better, to K didn't want to face Kerlina and their hostile crowd. That part was annoying but not nearly as annoying as one of the Coaches from the UNC football team making absolute ludicrous statements about Coach K and the basketball team. We aren't talking about some drunken Chapel Hill student (I guess that is a redundant to say) but a coach who is suppose to be a representative of his employer
    I have not seen or heard anything about one of the UNC football coaches chiming in on this mess. Can you point me to a link or something? Not disputing your word - this is simply the first I have heard of it (although, admittedly, I haven't read all 18 pages of this thread. I think I stopped at page 11 and then skipped to the end).

As for Bubba's statement, perhaps the wording was unfortunate, but...his statement was factually correct. In other words, Duke's bus was not able to get to their campus to pick up the team. That's a fact. Sure, UNC should have recognized the extremely dangerous road conditions earlier (and they were dangerous, I live in the area) and maybe worded the statement to make it sound as though they were taking some responsibility in the matter, too. But I just don't really see a reason to get all worked up about what a bunch of ignorant UNC fans are saying about all this on the Interwebs.

I guess this is to be expected when there's no basketball to be played for a few days and fans have nothing better to do than fret over nonsense. I'm guessing this thread will probably die down after 6pm tonight.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    One thing I forgot to add and sorry if this was mentioned upthread and I missed it. This was really hard on Roy. WRAL interviewed a student that was waiting with others in some pool/aquatics center, to get into the Nose Dome, and she said it was Roy that came and "broke the news to them". So sad. Poor Roy. I imagine that was really hard on him. I am sure he will find a way to bring up that factoid somewhere along the way.

Very well put!

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    The Dean Dome is not an intimidating place to play and they know it. The ONLY reason they are upset that the game was cancelled is because they thought that they could actually get an exciting environment to play for once... sad isn't it, that you need your season ticket fans to stay away in order to have a loud/exciting environment to play in.

It has become the norm in CH to blame others for circumstances created solely by their own actions. THEY CREATED THE DEAN DOME... It has no character to call it's own and it is notoriously quite MOST of the time, in fact they have to create pseudo excitement with pumped in music before the tip off... after that is sneaker squeaks the rest of the game, with an occasional stupor inducing "taaaarrrrrrr...heeeeeeelssss chant mixed in. Place is flat our boring and they know it. Go over to IC and read some of the comments directed at their own lower section fans...

So, who's fault is it that it is one of the least intimidating places to play in the ACC...

Well in this case it is Coach K's fault, because despite the fact that EVERYTHING in the triangle was shut down due to the weather, he wasn't "man" enough to risk getting to the DD to play the game, because he was scared of the crowd... how stupid is that?

They are plenty upset, but it is because they know they missed the ONE opportunity to have a "special" crowd in the DD... so of course in true UNC tradition... blame it on someone else...
    I'm really not surprised at anything the unc crowd makes up. You are 100% correct, they blame anyone and everyone for their own stupid mistakes. I've lived around those type Carolina fans all my life and nothing has changed. Maybe the reason unc failed to have the game postponed earlier is they couldn't read the weather forecasts, GoDuke!

Postponement - The game will be played at a later date.

Cancellation - The game will not be played.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Disagree, and agree.

Disagree: UNC-CH is an incredible research university. This hoo-hah with the sports kids notwithstanding, the faculty at that school are world-class. They might have been better than Duke till about 1985-1990.
    This is simply incorrect. When I visited colleges and universities, Duke was far more selective and had a much stronger reputation than UNC or UVA. My grandfather was a UNC CH faculty member and Chair of the English Department at UNC G. Both of his children attended Duke. There was no debate. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    This is simply incorrect. When I visited colleges and universities, Duke was far more selective and had a much stronger reputation than UNC or UVA. My grandfather was a UNC CH faculty member and Chair of the English Department at UNC G. Both of his children attended Duke. There was no debate. Just saying.
    Quite an indictment. Good thing that your grandfather was not in the AFAM program!

Quote Originally Posted by bob blue devil View Post
    Can y'all help me understand where all this 'Bubba, Roy and the Athletic Dept are peeved or are seeking to fan anti-duke flames' stuff is coming from? Is there a quote or something aside from bubba stating the fact that duke's bus couldn't make it?
    Yeah, I think it was the wording of their statement, saying that it's because the Duke bus can't make it, rather than stating that it was for the safety of fans and the staff.

Then there was the hypocracy of advising paid ticketholders not to come (and giving their seats away to students) while simultaneously suggesting that it was safe to play the game.

Then Roy shows up and starts shaking hands with fans in line while wearing SHORTS, as if to say "see, it's not even cold out here." That was a jerk move.

Next game - Ga. Tech
    Everything else - irrelevent