Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Important to note that we get this day to rest as well. So 6 days instead of 3 will help.

Quote Originally Posted by fan345678 View Post
    Not sure who's at more of a disadvantage on Feb. 20. Duke has Syracuse on the 22nd, but UNC has a big Swahili midterm on the 21st. Tough call.
    Just have to tell you I quoted that on Twitter

Nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Wow- that is bad for Duke. Very hard to play two emotional games back to back. Turn around is bad as well. Duke has to let that happen. Could be the season right there.
    The season?

wilbon just said on PTI that duke had no excuse, since it's winter olympics season and all the young guys snowboard, the team should have whipped up some boards and snowboarded over there

of course he was joking...but it was amusing.
    April 1

Test

Quote Originally Posted by 1 24 90 View Post
    Don't forget - Duke is at Georgia Tech on Feb 18th, so 3 games in 5 days. Great
    Maybe this is were we test Short bench vs Deep bench arguments

Quote Originally Posted by DBFAN View Post
    Important to note that we get this day to rest as well. So 6 days instead of 3 will help.
    This is confusing? Do you mean for the game on the 20th or for Maryland this Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Already been made up and Duke is really disadvantaged have to play 2 days before Syracuse. A bad night just got worse.
    UNC-CH, on the other hand, just got handed some much needed extra prep/rest time for their home game against Pitt on Saturday. They clearly benefit more from this rescheduling than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    as someone pointed out...it's almost like playing 2 games in 3 days in the tournament!

sounds like a great opportunity for post season prep to me
    It's that road trip to GaTech preceding the UNC & Cuse games that makes it really rough, though. 3 in 5 is much different than 2 in 3.

With that said, I'm down with the "it's an opportunity!" & "challenge accepted!" attitude.

Also, what's worse to deal with? 3 games in 5 days? Or the broken feet of Kyrie Irving and Ryan Kelly?

As long as our guys remain healthy, I'll be pretty serene about whatever is thrown at us this season.

as someone pointed out...it's almost like playing 2 games in 3 days in the tournament!

I agree. I also think K and staff will really make this an opportunity for the team rather than viewing it as a problem. Duke is deep. Let's roll.

Did VCU win 3 games in 5 days to start their final four run in 2011? If they can do it, so can Duke.

Duke and UNC's schedules will both be impacted and the two teams will be quite busy.

Code:
    Date      Duke      UNC
    Feb 15  vs MD   vs Pitt
    Feb 16     Off     Off
    Feb 17     Off   @ FSU
    Feb 18   @ GaT     Off
    Feb 19     Off     Off
    Feb 20   @ UNC  vs Duke
    Feb 21     Off     Off
    Feb 22  vs Syr  vs Wake
    4 games in 8 days for both teams. It will be a test, but (as others have noted) should be excellent prep for the intensity of a deep NCAA tourney run.

-Jason "for Jabari and Hood, this is a good simulation of what the NBA can be like. If they don't like it, maybe they will stick around " Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by 1 24 90 View Post
    This is confusing? Do you mean for the game on the 20th or for Maryland this Saturday?
    My bad was just referring we get 6 days of rest this week before Maryland. Instead of the 2-3 if we had ayes tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Feet POF View Post
    Maybe this is were we test Short bench vs Deep bench arguments
    I'm sure Duke will play deeper. I'm not sure how short bench vs deep bench will get tested, though.

It's not like Duke will play it out with a deep bench, climb into a time machine & go backwards 5 days, and then play it out again with a short bench.

I know the schedule stinks now, but UNC has a 4 games in 8 days as well. And if course they will blame their entire season on Duke not willing to risk peoples lives over a game. Because UNC was starting to play well, and Duke screwed up everything. They always need an excuse, so Just let them do all the Whining, it's what they are good at

Now looking forward to a good Pitt vs.Cuse game...
    What can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    ... How does this impact ol' roy? ...
    Roy's OK right now -- they told him it was an @FSU situation (outcome determined) so he and the team -- even Blue Steel -- didn't have to post tonight. When he finds out he actually does have to show up for his whipping, then the tears will flow.

Quote Originally Posted by DBFAN View Post
    And K was smart enough NOT to load up the team onto a bus early so they could waste the evening/night trying to get back and forth from chapel hill.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    And K was smart enough NOT to load up the team onto a bus early so they could waste the evening/night trying to get back and forth from chapel hill.
    if they were at the stadium, they would have played the game.
    April 1

Duke will be exhausted by the time the Cuse rolls into town next Saturday. I was really hoping for a Duke win against them. 3 games crammed in one week before they play them.......not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I'm sure Duke will play deeper. I'm not sure how short bench vs deep bench will get tested, though.

It's not like Duke will play it out with a deep bench, climb into a time machine & go backwards 5 days, and then play it out again with a short bench.
    As CameronBorn&Bred said hell froze over, so maybe they will also be able to use a time machine.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”