Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke at UNC postponed to 2/20

Do you think the game will be postponed tonight due to bad weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyduke View Post
    No. Now, I will satisfy the 4 character requirement.

Not to worry, if fans can't make it they have much experience simulating a crowd at the Dome.

Something like if a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?

If the Dome is snowed in and nobody is there to watch the game, is it still quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Not to worry, if fans can't make it they have much experience simulating a crowd at the Dome.
    It'll be a "good new, bad news" situation for those who do attend.

Good news: The Chablis will be cold, and no one will question why they are sitting on their hands.
    Bad news: The brie will be cold too, and if they sit on it, their hands will get gooey.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyduke View Post
    I am much more concerned with whether or not I lose power and can't watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Devil_91_92_01_10 View Post
    I am much more concerned with whether or not I lose power and can't watch the game.
    Ya!! - Snow I can ignore... Ice is no joke!

That's my concern as well. I plan to have a full charge on my phone so I can stream the game on watchespn in case of a dire emergency.

As for the game itself, ACC rules say as long as they have two teams and at least two refs, the game is on.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Everyone traveling to and from the game, just be safe out there.

Ticket prices are falling fast on StubHub.

Suffice it to say that more than a few Crazies might just make the trip over to the Dean Dump tonight.

Beat the heels!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post

Suffice it to say that more than a few Crazies might just make the trip over to the Dean Dump tonight.
    Round em up Native. I'll be looking for you guys, and gals tonight. Bring home a Duke victory. GoDuke!

That would be a hoot and a half... Roy couldn't throw them ALL out could he?
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

That's why we moved off the mountain and into my cousin's condo last night. It's just under 2 miles from Asheville Brewing Company for us now. They may be open, so we brought our all-weather hiking boots with us. Seriously.

We don't have much of a choice, as my cousin's TV, nor ours, is viable at this time. and ESPN doesn't allow any streaming without a TV provider.

ricks

This would be amazing!!!
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Blue Suit Guy and myself are almost certainly in, along with a few more of our cohorts.

We found two in the lower bowl for $100 each but we think we can do better once the snow starts falling.

I wonder what would happen if I wore my ref outfit and Roy tried to kick me out... hm...

For anyone who (unfortunately) loses power tonight, here's a list of the Blue Devil IMG Sports Radio stations. You may want to tune your emergency radios to the station closest to you so that you won't miss any action. Plus, Bob Harris!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Atlanta is completely shut down and they are telling everyone here to stay off the roads, but GA Tech-Boston College apparently is going to be played tonight (assuming there is power)

As was posted in the UNC-Duke game thread, this constitutes the quorum required the game to proceed - fans are optional

ACC rules regarding the postponement or cancellation of games dictate that as long as both teams and game officials can reach the arena safely, the game will be played.

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/eag...-likely/ndK8Q/

If government officials are not telling Tech to forget playing a game in Atlanta tonight I cannot imagine Duke-UNC would not be played

Blue Suit Guy ...
    What's the story on the suit? Took fabric to a tailor? Cannot be off the rack, can it?

Blue Suit Guy and myself are almost certainly in, along with a few more of our cohorts.

We found two in the lower bowl for $100 each but we think we can do better once the snow starts falling.

I wonder what would happen if I wore my ref outfit and Roy tried to kick me out... hm...
    God bless you guys. Be extra careful and bring home that Duke victory! GoDuke!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    What's the story on the suit? Took fabric to a tailor? Cannot be off the rack, can it?
    Bought it online. Took it to a tailor. He's yet to decide if it will go down in history or be passed to a next-generation Crazie; he graduates this year.

And our tickets are purchased. We got a great deal — lower level seats in the corner about midway up for $85/each.

So, now:

LET'S GO DUKE! GTHC, GTH