I was in Sundance with a bunch of friends and I had a chance to see the documentary "Happy Valley", it is a good and IMHO very fair piece and would encourage anyone to see it even if they are not football fans. My impression after watching it is that Jo Pa does not deserve all the hatred directed his way, he was a confused old man who was in way over his head, not excusing what he did or did not do but he was no Aaron Hernandez. Especially at the end, he died three months after being fired, he was in no shape to run a Pop Warner team, to think he was capable of running a major D I school is ridiculous. One of the things one takes away is the tremendous rush to judgement and than trying erase the past and then pretending Jo Pa never existed. The movie is not heavy handed and let's the people of Happy Valley speak for themselves. Sandusky"s adopted son is interviewed and it is indeed quite troubling the court took him away from his biological mother to give to Sandusky. There is one fan boy interviewed at length who comes across as cringe worthy clueless.

Of note Philip Seymour Hoffman had two films, caught one "God's Pocket" and he was as usual brilliant in it.