View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 89-81 (OT) loss at Syracuse tonight?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jabari Parker

1 0.92%
  • Rodney Hood

2 1.83%
  • Amile Jefferson

30 27.52%
  • Tyler Thornton

12 11.01%
  • Quinn Cook

0 0%
  • Andre Dawkins

5 4.59%
  • Rasheed Sulaimon

55 50.46%
  • Josh Hairston

0 0%
  • Tyler Thornton

4 3.67%
  • Marshall Plumlee

0 0%
  • Matt Jones

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. Syracuse (Feb 1, 2014)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 89-81 (OT) loss at Syracuse tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Another near impossible game to pick one guy from.

Should vote for the refs since they probably made the biggest difference in the outcome...

Really good cases could be made for Amile, Jabari, Sheed, Dawkins, and even Tyler maybe.

I voted for Amile, as it seemed like he kept us in the game for the long haul, albeit 'Sheed kept us in it for overtime.

Jabari had a great second half though.

Gave it to Sheed since he took us to overtime although I was torn between him and Jefferson.

TEAM + HEART.

They hung in.

Does Tyler have a twin since he was listed twice?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDiva View Post
    Gave it to Sheed since he took us to overtime although I was torn between him and Jefferson.
    Without Tyler's 3's, we loose by 5-10 in regulation.

I figure that, since Tyler was listed twice in the poll, he should win. Besides, he hit three of the four biggest shots of the game.
    Quel est si drole de la paix, de l'amour, et de la comprehension?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    Yes Tyler was clutch when we needed that boost. Tyler and Sheed and Amile oh my!

Tough call as I thought the team played at a very high level, but I just love Amile's game and the way he has been playing. I thought he might make a big impact as a crafty guy against the zone and he certainly did.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    Look, Tyler was incredible during that stretch and helped keep us in the game, but he made some key mistakes defensively which is where he isn't supposed to make those kinds of mistakes. He was put on Ennis in the beginning and got beat repeatedly. Part of that is on K. Tyler is not a great on ball defender, but he is very good off the ball. Nobody has a perfect game (except Laettner, what up bro!!?). He was not the man of the match because of those issues, even though he was incredible for like 3 minutes. He was key in our comeback, but Rasheed was our best player tonight. He was the only one who could penetrate the zone off the bounce, made good passes and huge shots. If Rasheed is going to start, which I'm still good with Jones starting actually to give us more punch off the bench, then he needs to guard the primary ball handler, because he is or best defender.

Unfortunately, we are no longer undefeated when Dre scores double digits, that's what I'm most upset about.

Also unfortunate, Amile didn't play enough minutes, thanks zebras.

12. Many deserving players, but I voted Rasheed because of his buzzer beating 3, high scoring efficiency (shot 50% from the field) and team-high 6 assists. The only thing he didn't do well was shoot free throws, and I took that a sign of how tired he was as the game progressed.

I thought about Jefferson but his 5 fouls weighed him down. We fouled way too much in this game.
    Last edited by ice-9; 02-01-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Tempted to give this to Shane Battier, for his wisecrack comment about Syracuse finally playing in a real conference. But I went with Sulaimon.

I refuse to vote! What a team!

Parker. They were out to stop in, as many resources as it took. They did, for a while. To have hung in, and then become a force inside, stood out, talent must include showing up. This was some kind of showing up. A wonder tonight. So was Duke.

You almost have to give it to the guy who hits the buzzer beater 3 to send it into overtime, and I did. Amile was equally deserving but it isn't a multiple choice quiz. Tyler is honorable mention for his 3's but had a couple pretty bad plays in crunch time as well.

Edit: Do note, Tyler is on the poll twice so be sure to add the percentages together for an accurate tally

I voted for Tyler Thornton! There are multiple players deserving of the award tonight; however, I believe TT's three 3s were critical as they pushed us through a rough spot in the game.
    Bob Green

I voted for Rasheed, but would have voted for wheat if he had been listed. Anyone that really thinks Hood wasn't fouled because he aggressively went to the hoop. Or something like that. Still trying to figure out what wheat said. GoDuke!

Rasheed and Amile played great games, but I voted for Tyler. His 9 points in less than 2 minutes kept us in the game when it was starting to slip away.

This was a though one to vote but after reflection I had to give it to Tyler cause without his 3's it would have been a bad loss.