Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    I thought the same thing. Anyone see Plumlee push?
    Maybe she is still thinking they are going to call defense a foul.

Doris imitates a jackass often. Not enough contact for the FSU charge, just enough for a foul on MP3.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Cook hurt again. Ankle again.

We are not having good luck today (first we get Doris, then Hood, ridiculous fouls, Tyler gets cut and Quinn hurts himself).

They're not calling it tight for us. That is just for FSU. Hood just got beaten on a drive he was taking to the basket.

Between the bad shooting and the calls, this one is going to be rough (nail-biter).

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Doris imitates a jackass often. Not enough contact for the FSU charge, just enough for a foul on MP3.
    She has no clue and no business in the booth.

K gettin angry..
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    They're not calling it tight for us. That is just for FSU. Hood just got beaten on a drive he was taking to the basket.

Between the bad shooting and the calls, this one is going to be rough.
    mmmm 8 minutes into the game and we're already preparing to blame the refs for the loss...not the fact that we're getting killed in transition...not the fact that we're taking poor shots...just the couple calls.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    She has no clue and no business in the booth.
    All you have to do to get in the booth for ESPN is go against Duke, a great deal of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    mmmm 8 minutes into the game and we're already preparing to blame the refs for the loss...not the fact that we're getting killed in transition...not the fact that we're taking poor shots...just the couple calls.
    No. Not at all. Note that I added context after. We're not going to just pull away in this one. The game doesn't have much flow and we're not hitting our shots. That, and the touch fouls like the one on Quinn to start and then on Plumlee (both of them; including the one where one ref had it as a walk on FSU, but they ultimately decided to keep the foul on Marshall) are not being called consistently. Not complaining that the refs are stealing it, but saying that they can't make up their minds. We will still win, IMO. We won't be able to look away while we make some popcorn, though.

I'M blaming Doris Burke
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I'M blaming Doris Burke
    yeah, according to DBR, the stench of her awfulness is reeking all over cameron and must be the reason for these failures \s....some of the comments here are reaching IC levels of vitrol...
    April 1

I'm not blaming the refs or drawing any conclusions yet but Marshall was definitely held on his second foul...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

yeah, according to DBR, the stench of her awfulness is reeking all over cameron and must be the reason for these failures \s....some of the comments here are reaching IC levels of vitrol...
    No. The NCAA hasn't been called a big government conspiracy that we need to just withdraw from, we haven't started insisting that we would be great if we had X recruit for next year in this game, and no one has called for K to be fired. Not to mention, nobody is insulting our players or saying our program has past its time. That is IC. Your statement is hyperbole.

We are taking some ill-advised shots (like we often do and hit), but I was pointing out that lots of things were happening within the game.

As for Doris, I just don't tend to like her attitude when she is calling games. She does seem to be settling into both teams. Those first three comments on calls did seem to be reaching for FSU, though.
    Last edited by Gthoma2a; 01-25-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Really surprised at all the anti Doris sentiment. I find her to be one of the more objective commentators. Commentators get an undue amount of attention during these games. Almost as if you're blaming Doris for a bad call or our horrible transition defense. Still find her better than Len Elmore.

No. The NCAA hasn't been called a big government conspiracy that we need to just withdraw from, we haven't started insisting that we would be great if we had X recruit for next year in this game, and no one has called for K to be fired. Not to mention, nobody is insulting our players or saying our program has past its time. That is IC. Your statement is hyperbole.

We are taking some ill-advised shots (like we often do and hit), but I was pointing out that lots of things were happening within the game.

As for Doris, I just don't tend to like her attitude when she is calling games.
    Doris seeking redemption.

Your statement is hyperbole.
    I was referring to statements such as

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...398#post697398

which is a bit over the line IMO for someone who is at worst competent. People may not like her, but hating like that is not becoming of this board IMO. Be reasonable and accurate in criticism...don't just throw blanket statements (e.g. "s/he sucks I mute when s/he's on"). That's what is IC like.

As for Doris, I just don't tend to like her attitude when she is calling games.
    I think this is reasonable. we all have preferenaces...and nobody is forced to agree with any given commentator, but when people take that dislike and use it to unequivocally slam someone without any supporting argument, that bothers me. These are people that have generally worked their way up and are pretty good....(as I say this, doris just complimented amile on his defense and chided the refs for a foul call against us). Let's be reasonable in our criticism of all people...our players, our opponents, refs, commentators...everyone.

I understand the need to have fun and make jokes, but sometimes we cross the line.
    April 1

Hello, Doris, I would like to introduce you to my mute button.

And she did just instantly and correctly come to Jefferson's defense on that bad call against him. She may talk a lot - but she IS talking about this game unlike... say Dickie V.

Quote Originally Posted by ElSid View Post
    Really surprised at all the anti Doris sentiment. I find her to be one of the more objective commentators. Commentators get an undue amount of attention during these games. Almost as if you're blaming Doris for a bad call or our horrible transition defense. Still find her better than Len Elmore.
    It's Saturday. The Union of Wet Nurses successfully negotiated this day off for the rank and file.

I was referring to statements such as

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...398#post697398

which is a bit over the line IMO for someone who is at worst competent. People may not like her, but hating like that is not becoming of this board IMO. Be reasonable and accurate in criticism...don't just throw blanket statements (e.g. "s/he sucks I mute when s/he's on"). That's what is IC like.

I think this is reasonable. we all have preferenaces...and nobody is forced to agree with any given commentator, but when people take that dislike and use it to unequivocally slam someone without any supporting argument, that bothers me. These are people that have generally worked their way up and are pretty good....(as I say this, doris just complimented amile on his defense and chided the refs for a foul call against us). Let's be reasonable in our criticism of all people...our players, our opponents, refs, commentators...everyone.

I understand the need to have fun and make jokes, but sometimes we cross the line.
    Alright. I was just making sure it wasn't just my disagreement with her ebb and flow of favor. I know she knows the game.

Marshall Plumlee lifts my spirits with the dunk.