Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    I remember watching an FSU game earlier this year, can't remember which one, where Ojo was just incredible. As long as we avoid Ojo playing like Nnoko against Duke, I think we'll be okay. Duke for all it's defensive lapses, has remained a pretty good 3 point defending team. Should be an interesting game. Decent prep for what Pitt will offer without the perimeter talent of Patterson and the like.
    Yeah, agreed. And I think Amile + MP3 have the best chance of preventing Ojo (or Bojanovsky) from becoming Nnoko.

I actually think Amile's speed will get their 7 footers into foul trouble because I think he will stay aggressive when he has the opportunity.
    Yes! I would love to see Amile drive into their chests and get some calls, Julius Randle style.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I know you're new here, but we've been talking about playing Amile and Marshall together for quite awhile. Bottom line answer is it's unlikely, in large part for the reason FDD mentioned, that since neither Amile nor Marshall can play offense outside of a few feet, it would clog things up. An issue that would be exacerbated by putting three slasher types in the lineup together as well. This is not to say it might not happen for a couple minutes, but I'd be very surprised if we saw that lineup more than that in any game this season (and frankly, I'd be surprised if we saw it at all).

Also, despite its size, I'm not convinced that lineup would be very good defensively. We've played much better defense over the past few games, but neither Rodney nor Jabari have particularly quick feet on D and the lineup you propose would be even more prone to blow-bys and backdoor cuts than we are now. A lineup with Matt Jones or a focused Quinn Cook or Tyler Thornton or even the new, improved Andre Dawkins instead of a 2nd big would probably show much better defensive rotations (in addition to having more offensive balance). Which presumably is why Coach K plays the lineups he does, instead of basically the biggest lineup possible.
    I subscribe to the theory that Plumlee and Jefferson in the lineup would cause spacing issues on offense, but I was thinking about this during the Miami game, and there was actually a stretch (I think in the second half) where they were both in the game at the same time. My memory's fuzzy, so I don't remember how it worked out, but it shows at least Coach K is willing to experiment with that lineup.

hey coaches

throw some weird double teams on their top five players at random times

unpredictable-ize Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by ForkFondler View Post
    During the regular season, when you play matters a lot. Midweek road trips to Florida are deadly. Getting FSU on a weekend 3 days after a home win is as good as it gets. A Monday game against Pitt 2 days after a trip to Talahassee, not so much.
    Well, there's no trip to Talahassee involved here. We have a home game tomorrow against FSU.

I think this game will give us an indication as to where we are defensively against a very tall team. I know the FSU big guys are not Bill Russell and Wilt but they are "big". It may also tell us how far Marshall has come in his development and if Coach K's trust in Marshall has grown. I know we won't see Marshall and Amile in the lineup together for many minutes, but I'm pretty sure Amile will need some rest. I'm hoping to see MPIII have a very good game in the minutes he gets. I'm looking for Andre to catch a hot steak in this game and loosen up the middle for drives from our athletic guys. Should be a fun game. GoDuke!

Duke is 8.5 point favorites, fyi

Duke is currently an 8.5 points favorite in Vegas. Today is another opportunity to watch the team take another step forward toward developing into champions. Coach K deciding to play a deep rotation is a major change and his decision has invigorated me as a fan. This team has become really exciting to watch over the past few games. Much more important is it appears Coach K has invigorated the team. I believe the guys have a huge upside moving forward. Hopefully I still feel this way after the next three games have been played.
    Bob Green

I remember watching an FSU game earlier this year, can't remember which one, where Ojo was just incredible. As long as we avoid Ojo playing like Nnoko against Duke, I think we'll be okay. Duke for all it's defensive lapses, has remained a pretty good 3 point defending team. Should be an interesting game. Decent prep for what Pitt will offer without the perimeter talent of Patterson and the like.

I actually think Amile's speed will get their 7 footers into foul trouble because I think he will stay aggressive when he has the opportunity.

If we play well, we should be okay, but Saturday at Noon tip-off games are kinda tough to get up for. We'll see.

Go Duke.
    with fsu shooting lights out from3 but not so much in the post, this might be a game where duke allows a normally limited big man to get double digits while limiting the good looks from 3. If duke wins I'll be ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Duke is currently an 8.5 points favorite in Vegas. Today is another opportunity to watch the team take another step forward toward developing into champions. Coach K deciding to play a deep rotation is a major change and his decision has invigorated me as a fan. This team has become really exciting to watch over the past few games. Much more important is it appears Coach K has invigorated the team. I believe the guys have a huge upside moving forward. Hopefully I still feel this way after the next three games have been played.
    Well said, Bob.

Me too my Navy friend. GoDuke!

Duke is currently an 8.5 points favorite in Vegas.
    The over/under is posted at 146.5 points so picking Duke and the over would come out to 78-69.
    Bob Green

The over/under is posted at 146.5 points so picking Duke and the over would come out to 78-69.
    I'll take that, Bob. Can we hold you to that?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

No Hood. That's not how I wanted to start this, but Dawkins with a 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    what's up with Hood? Did he not start? I'm in the lab now and will be making my way to the game momentarily!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    what's up with Hood? Did he not start? I'm in the lab now and will be making my way to the game momentarily!!!
    No. He was struck ill right before the game.

It sounds like he had to drop the kids off at the pool.

EDIT: Whatever the reason, he's back now.

Hood just came into the game

Doris is frustrating me. She is going way over to FSU, IMO. Every call that goes our way she argues. The game is being called really tight, though.

Hood is back.

I thought the same thing. Anyone see Plumlee push?
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Doris Burke has no place announcing these games. Already on the Elmore rant even when replay shows her comments wrong. Very difficult listening to her.