Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23
    the two states that have legalized weed are going to the Super Bowl……….
    But only one of them played like it

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    But only one of them played like it
    I don't know what you guys keep going on about.

All I can tell you is, I'm ready for the SUPERBOWL. When does that start?

Ratings are in. 111.5 million people watched the Seahawks of the Pacific Time Zone play the Broncos of the Mountain Time Zone Sunday. This is slightly more than the number that watched the East Coast wet dream matchup of the New York Giants and New England Patriots in 2012. A few articles are talking up the New York/New Jersey location as a factor, but I don't see what that has to do with TV viewership. I mean, maybe a few million watched to see if Peyton Manning would freeze to death, so there's that.

And in case you're wondering, America loves a blowout. The most watched Oscar telecast was the one with Titanic.

"@darrenrovell Only 39% of the US watched the Broncos 45-point loss to the 49ers in XXIV, lowest % to watch since Super Bowl III"

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Ratings are in. 111.5 million people watched the Seahawks of the Pacific Time Zone play the Broncos of the Mountain Time Zone Sunday. This is slightly more than the number that watched the East Coast wet dream matchup of the New York Giants and New England Patriots in 2012. A few articles are talking up the New York/New Jersey location as a factor, but I don't see what that has to do with TV viewership. I mean, maybe a few million watched to see if Peyton Manning would freeze to death, so there's that.

And in case you're wondering, America loves a blowout. The most watched Oscar telecast was the one with Titanic.
    That 111.5 million made Super Bowl XLVIII the most-watched event in US TV history, which by DBR Off-Topic Board rules means that it surpasses the moon landing as the greatest moment in American history.

Peyton is 11-12 in playoff games - that does not mean he is not great but it is a blot on his CV

Part of his mystique with the signals at the line (including but not limited to "Omaha") before the snap is that he always is one step ahead of the defense.

According to Richard Sherman, the Jedi master was outsmarted Sunday night

“All we did was play situational football,” Sherman says. “We knew what route concepts they liked on different downs, so we jumped all the routes. Then we figured out the hand signals for a few of the route audibles in the first half.”

He demonstrates the signs Manning used for various routes, and says he and his teammates were calling out plays throughout the game and getting them right. “Me, Earl [Thomas], Kam [Chancellor]… we’re not just three All-Pro players. We’re three All-Pro minds,” Sherman says. “Now, if Peyton had thrown in some double moves, if he had gone out of character, we could’ve been exposed.”

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/03/richar...ttle-seahawks/

Denver goes to Seattle next season - let the Peyton v. Sherman mind games begin

Interesting linked post on QBs playoff records - FWIW nobody is in the same neighborhood of Bart Starr's 9-1 reord
    http://6thring.com/nfl-qb-playoff-re...y-manning.html
    Last edited by Atlanta Duke; 02-04-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    "@darrenrovell Only 39% of the US watched the Broncos 45-point loss to the 49ers in XXIV, lowest % to watch since Super Bowl III"
    Funny enough, I'm actually old friends with his wife, Courtney.

Not sure if anyone else saw this...

ku-xlarge.jpg
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR