Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    So, if P & G is ultimately responsible for both the Old Spice ad AND the ad Jason Evans linked... Throw them into the pond!
    Sounds like they have some people there that know how to do what they are supposed to do: Move product and make money.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

The Old Spice commercial is hilarious to me. The bowling one is so well done the way it "record scratches" from a cliched romantic date out, to the jarring picture of the woman behind the pins, then coming up the ball return machine.

Any time a commercial makes me go "Wait. What did I just see?" Then I rewind to watch it again? That's stellar marketing, whether I buy their product or not. It's in my head. My wife and I have been screaming "Old Spice!!" at each other all weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    The Old Spice commercial is hilarious to me. The bowling one is so well done the way it "record scratches" from a cliched romantic date out, to the jarring picture of the woman behind the pins, then coming up the ball return machine.

Any time a commercial makes me go "Wait. What did I just see?"
    Then I rewind to watch it again? That's stellar marketing, whether I buy their product or not. It's in my head. My wife and I have been screaming "Old Spice!!" at each other all weekend.
    Just got part of that bowling-related Old Spice ad last evening. wow...that was strange, and memorable. She shows up in the ball return machine!

What would Don Draper say about these ads? I'd guess Ginsberg from his Creative Dept. might come up with something like this; a little far out for Peggy to have done.

They've got my attention. While we're talking about ads, please tell Flo the insurance gal to get off my TV; I'm thoroughly tired of her.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Please direct all angry letters to the company that owns the Old Spice brand...P&G. Because P&G clearly thinks that all moms are helicopter parents on a universal basis.

Or maybe, just maybe, people are reading too much into it.
    Quit trying to bring logic into this discussion!

I would have given you a spork, but for some reason the first page of this thread doesn't have the spork/flame button. The second page does and other pages do - just not the first one here.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I would have given you a spork, but for some reason the first page of this thread doesn't have the spork/flame button. The second page does and other pages do - just not the first one here.
    I can't remember the exact time frame, but a post has to be fairly recent (a week or so) to be able to comment on it. The timeframe just happened to hit at a page break.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Or maybe, just maybe, people are reading too much into it.
    Yeah, gee whiz, I'm sorry I brought it up! I'm sure we'll have far more interesting commercials to discuss after this weekend.

The Intuit Turbo Tax "Why" one with the horrible haircut guy and clown honking after his punch lines really did make me laugh, though. "Why did she dump me?"

"Because your haircut is horrible?!"

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Yeah, gee whiz, I'm sorry I brought it up! I'm sure we'll have far more interesting commercials to discuss after this weekend.

The Intuit Turbo Tax "Why" one with the horrible haircut guy and clown honking after his punch lines really did make me laugh, though. "Why did she dump me?"

"Because your haircut is horrible?!"
    My hope is that Old Spice kicks it up a notch on Sunday.