Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    That onside kick call was really fantastic. The only thing that stopped Duke in the first half was the clock (and even then only by a half a yard).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Not understanding the hate in here against Johnny. Saying he's a "jerk"... Grow up.
    It's pretty well documented that Johnny F***** Football is, shall we say, not the greatest human being. Saying he's a jerk is like saying Hansbrough gets away with a few extra steps. I'd give us some leeway on this.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

People here at the Dome are going ballistic! One more half!

The center of the basketball universe (aka: North Carolina)
    Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    It's pretty well documented that Johnny F***** Football is, shall we say, not the greatest human being. Saying he's a jerk is like saying Hansbrough gets away with a few extra steps. I'd give us some leeway on this.
    Apparently Johnny's sister disagrees...

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/john...on-a-duke-fan/

5. Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    MUST PUT 2 HALVES TOGETHER!!!!!……..can't let this be johnny's "unbelievable comeback"……

I'm totally shocked that Cut didn't punch in the last TD……I didn't like that call…

GO DUKE!!

I liked the call...the sure thing field goal gives us a 3 touchdown lead (to tie). Even if we had punched it in for a TD, we'd still only be 3 TDs ahead.

I watch a lot of College ball and have not seen anything to say he is anything but an average college kid who plays a sport.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Great first half

Nice comment from the TV announcer pointing out that Duke's football team outscored the basketball team in the first half.
    Hope they outscore them in the second half too.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueHeart4 View Post

Not sure your point here, his sister wants to assault a fan she disagrees with. How is that a disagreement with the prior comments?

The center of the basketball universe (aka: North Carolina)
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Not sure your point here, his sister wants to assault a fan she disagrees with. How is that a disagreement with the prior comments?
    She would clearly disagree that we deserve some leeway in disparaging Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I watch a lot of College ball and have not seen anything to say he is anything but an average college kid who plays a sport.
    Ummmmmm... I'd give you a laundry list but just google it. He's just a college kid from a rich family, yes. But he's hardly average and he's caused most of his own notoriety. Still, he's a lot of fun to watch. I hope Cut and Company continue to deprive me of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    I liked the call...the sure thing field goal gives us a 3 touchdown lead (to tie). Even if we had punched it in for a TD, we'd still only be 3 TDs ahead.
    I am greedy and wanna see the extra points!!! Wish we woulda called the timeout with 11 second to go and tried a pass into the endzone
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

You can't stop the D-TRAIN!!!! LGD!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    Ummmmmm... I'd give you a laundry list but just google it. He's just a college kid from a rich family, yes. But he's hardly average and he's caused most of his own notoriety. Still, he's a lot of fun to watch. I hope Cut and Company continue to deprive me of that.
    This is the right attitude. They aren't a rival and, unless he gets better, he isn't going to be the instant success he thinks he'll be at the next level. That makes me think that he's going to be humbled really soon. Let's just play the game without making the thread about insulting a player. We don't have to hate him to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueHeart4 View Post

Classy family

self perception

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Perhaps she's sitting near someone who feels the need to denigrate the opposition, rather than simply enjoy the incredible performance of the Duke team. Apparently that isn't the only fan who has to turn a positive experience into a negative one for someone else.

By the way, Cockrell may have made himself some money in the first half. Taking Evans out of game is key and it also seems he got in Evans' head a bit.

Soooooooo.... If you haven't really watched Johnny Manziel before, he does that ALL THE TIME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ggallagher View Post
    Nice comment from the TV announcer pointing out that Duke's football team outscored the basketball team in the first half.
    Hope they outscore them in the second half too.
    Gonna take a hurculean effort to win now. No more FG attempts needed.

Strange

Strange offensive play calling has led them to this situation. SMH

Example A would be the way he just pulled Duke's safety into the barricade. Dirty play.