Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 232
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Manhattan

    Chick-fil-A Bowl: #24 Duke vs. #21 Texas A&M (12/31 8PM ESPN)

    It's official!

    Its official - @Duke_FB vs. @AggieFootball in the 2013 #chickfilabowl! http://bit.ly/1bqSB23
    Who's going? Also, any word on student tickets? Inquiring minds wish to know looking in your general direction, DitBD!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Interesting to see the Belk Bowl matchup... I guess they've decided they only want Cincinatti and some NC school

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Meeting with Marie Laveau
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    It's official!



    Who's going? Also, any word on student tickets? Inquiring minds wish to know looking in your general direction, DitBD!
    Working on our hotels right now.

    Check with the ticket office in the morning. They should a plan for student tickets ready.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Someone needs to bring a sign like this:

    chickfila1.jpg

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Working on our hotels right now.

    Check with the ticket office in the morning. They should a plan for student tickets ready.
    The Omni is right next to the Georgia Dome, and I just booked a room. So they have openings, but will fill up.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  6. #6
    Hilton Garden Inn downtown (walking distance) ... $116/night per priceline

    Anthony Travel is offering the official Duke hotel (Marriott Marquis) for $180/night.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Hilton Garden Inn downtown (walking distance) ... $116/night per priceline

    Anthony Travel is offering the official Duke hotel (Marriott Marquis) for $180/night.
    Marquis is not walking distance (really) but is nice. Still downtown. Short cab ride or MARTA ride although need to change lines.

    Hilton Garden is just across Centennial Park if I am thinking of the right place.

    I went to the CFA a few years ago and took MARTA to and from the stadium, it ran amazingly smoothly given how many folks they had to move around on NYE. So that is always a reasonable option too.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  8. #8
    Dev11's Avatar
    Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Duke got the ACC's highest non-BCS bowl bid and gets to play the reigning Heisman Trophy champion in a bowl game on New Year's Eve.

    How long ago would that have been a ridiculous statement? Not anymore

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Excellent reward for a year of great achievements. I will be there!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post

    How long ago would that have been a ridiculous statement?
    For most, September.

    (And I picked us to win eight games this year, not letting myself off the hook either)
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Just got an email from the ID office. Looks like they are upgrading folks who registered early to the lower level end zone seats.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Just got an email from the ID office. Looks like they are upgrading folks who registered early to the lower level end zone seats.
    Got the same email. Good for us, but also means that tickets are available for Duke fans.

    I have seen plenty of football and basketball games at the Dome, there are NO bad seats. If you can get a ticket in the Duke section, do it. Should be an incredibly entertaining game, and even the back row and upper row seats upstairs are very good.

    Plus, NYE in Atlanta is as out of hand as you want to get, if that's your thing. If not, the game is in a comfortable dome and you can get in and out efficiently.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    It will be strange to go the Georgia Dome for a football game.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    It will be strange to go the Georgia Dome for a football game.
    LOL, kinda know the feeling. But I went to the CFA a few years ago, and have seen a few Falcons games. All from the upper levels, still a great view.

    Saw Olympic hoops there a few times, and concerts from the Stones to U2. Several ACC hoops championships, favorite being Duke storming back from a huge deficit against Maryland in 2001 but a nice championship a few years ago as well. Great venue, easy access.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Skinker-DeBaliviere, Saint Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    It will be strange to go the Georgia Dome for a football game.
    One of the best experiences of my sporting life was the 2005-06 season Sugar Bowl, which was moved to Atlanta because of the storm. I like West Virginia, and they played Georgia. It was close to a home game for Georgia. Late in the RR era at WVU. Rich Rod went for it several times and the Mountaineers won 38-35. Just a great game.

    A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert


    Some questions cannot be answered
    Whos gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    One of the best experiences of my sporting life was the 2005-06 season Sugar Bowl, which was moved to Atlanta because of the storm. I like West Virginia, and they played Georgia. It was close to a home game for Georgia. Late in the RR era at WVU. Rich Rod went for it several times and the Mountaineers won 38-35. Just a great game.
    Your liking Atlanta is a bonus. I made this because you expressed a less-than-enthusiastic response to the Russell Athletic Bowl:

    chickfila2.jpg

    I suppose I should make one that pertains to Texas A&M.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Skinker-DeBaliviere, Saint Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Your liking Atlanta is a bonus. I made this because you expressed a less-than-enthusiastic response to the Russell Athletic Bowl:

    chickfila2.jpg

    I suppose I should make one that pertains to Texas A&M.
    If you do, and you wish to honor me, consider my eternal sympathy for A&M and the other three research universities that Texas-Austin ran out of their conference. If opposing fans hassle me at the Georgia Dome, I already know what my solidarity-fostering talking point will be.

    Atlanta and I have an uneasy truce. I grew up 50-65 miles outside of it in small towns, and my parents are Silents, so they've structured their lives in increasingly unsustainable ways with each passing decade of their lives, until, now, they live on an exurban golf course isolated from everyone who has to drive to give them aid. My values are those of [New] Urbanism. I'm good with ITP, so yay actual Atlanta. OTP, not so much.

    A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert


    Some questions cannot be answered
    Whos gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

    I suppose I should make one that pertains to Texas A&M.
    No need to antagonize them. And if they are like most Texans I know, they know a hell of a lot more about cattle than Duke fans.

    Tell them that beef brisket and beef ribs ain't real barbecue, however -- don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

    As to Throaty and OTP -- that struggle gets bigger by the year. The blessing and curse of The New South and post-Olypmics Atlanta.


    As I said before, this should be a great game. JM is one oft be most exciting players in college football. It is a much better match than FSU was for us. Would not be surprised to be an underdog in this game, but this game could be a four quarter slugfest.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    REALLY looking forward to being there. Any thoughts on where the best sources are for tix? (at reasonable prices)

    Probably bringing the whole family (4). The Georgia Dome is walkable from the MARTA, so any hotel near a MARTA stop means you can leave your car keys back at the hotel!!

    Atlanta is fun, and I've been there dozens of times. Our "must see" destinations with the kids while in town will be: The Coca Cola Museum (downtown), Martin Luther King Museum and Church, Carter Presidential Library, The Underground (shopping), and the Atlanta Aquarium.



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    REALLY looking forward to being there. Any thoughts on where the best sources are for tix? (at reasonable prices)

    Probably bringing the whole family (4). The Georgia Dome is walkable from the MARTA, so any hotel near a MARTA stop means you can leave your car keys back at the hotel!!

    Atlanta is fun, and I've been there dozens of times. Our "must see" destinations with the kids while in town will be: The Coca Cola Museum (downtown), Martin Luther King Museum and Church, Carter Presidential Library, The Underground (shopping), and the Atlanta Aquarium.


    Agree re: Atlanta and MARTA, hope to meet you there.

    Regarding tickets, Stubhub did me right for the ACCCG. Duke has tickets too I think through www.goduke.com
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

Similar Threads

  1. Chick-fil-A Bowl will check out the Blue Devils vs UNC
    By watzone in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-13-2013, 03:12 AM
  2. ESPN's ACC bowl predictions
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2013, 08:43 AM
  3. Today Only- FREE CHICK-FIL-A!
    By sue71, esq in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 10:50 AM
  4. Chick Flicks
    By knights68 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 04:42 AM
  5. Free Chick-Fil-A?
    By bjornolf in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 02:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •