Page 92 of 127 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2529
    I think the competition will be fierce...at first. But just like computer connections, video tapes, software, and practically ever other thing ever invented in the modern era, the whales will crowd out the fish and we will end up with one or two that get widely adopted. That may or may not include Bitcoin, but they start with an edge for being the first to get decent penetration.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I think the competition will be fierce...at first. But just like computer connections, video tapes, software, and practically ever other thing ever invented in the modern era, the whales will crowd out the fish and we will end up with one or two that get widely adopted. That may or may not include Bitcoin, but they start with an edge for being the first to get decent penetration.
    So did cassettes over albums.
    So did CDs over cassettes.
    So did streaming over CDs.

Let’s take the best BTC argument at face value: there is a demand for an independent electronic currency with limited quantities; BTC is the most secure form available presently; and that it is far superior to all competitors as we sit here today.

Five years from now — is that still true? Or is it like my hundreds of Grateful Dead bootleg cassettes that I painstakingly mined over the years, that are now replaced by free digital downloads? Or my 1,300 CDs that have been sitting in storage bins for close to a decade now?

Doesn’t someone always build a better mousetrap, especially in the digital space?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    So did cassettes over albums.
    So did CDs over cassettes.
    So did streaming over CDs.

Let’s take the best BTC argument at face value: there is a demand for an independent electronic currency with limited quantities; BTC is the most secure form available presently; and that it is far superior to all competitors as we sit here today.

Five years from now — is that still true? Or is it like my hundreds of Grateful Dead bootleg cassettes that I painstakingly mined over the years, that are now replaced by free digital downloads? Or my 1,300 CDs that have been sitting in storage bins for close to a decade now?

Doesn’t someone always build a better mousetrap, especially in the digital space?
    Absolutely, capitalist history has taught us a “better” mousetrap is right around the corner. Buckle up and invest prudently.

The line it is drawn
    The curse it is cast
    The slow one now
    Will later be fast
    As the present now
    Will later be past
    The order is rapidly fadin’
    And the first one now will later be last
    For the times they are a-changin’

-Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Absolutely, capitalist history has taught us a “better” mousetrap is right around the corner.

The line it is drawn
    The curse it is cast
    The slow one now
    Will later be fast
    As the present now
    Will later be past
    The order is rapidly fadin’
    And the first one now will later be last
    For the times they are a-changin’

-Zimmerman
    So — I can’t interest you in a killer collection of bootlegs?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    So — I can’t interest you in a killer collection of bootlegs?
    I’d love the cassettes. Better yet, reels. Analogue is better than digital! I’m spinning vinyl and surrounded by tubes. Still using my, mint condition, ‘67 McIntosh 240. It has awesome provenance and rocks my world.

I’d love the cassettes. Better yet, reels. Analogue is better than digital! I’m spinning vinyl and surrounded by tubes. Still using my, mint condition, ‘67 McIntosh 240. It has awesome provenance and rocks my world.
    This is a conversation I could have for hours.

Analog, tubes, watt/puppies…

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    This is a conversation I could have for hours.

Analog, tubes, watt/puppies…
    I’d be glad to join you. My audio gear has gear.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    What’s to stop Kylie Jenner from creating her own cryptocurrency and taking over the world?
    The NBA?

This is false, but thank you for playing. Analogue is great, and I owe a couple turntables, a cassette player, and a reel-to-reel myself. But the closest you can get to having a real instrument in the same room with you is digital.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    This is false, but thank you for playing. Analogue is great, and I owe a couple turntables, a cassette player, and a reel-to-reel myself. But the closest you can get to having a real instrument in the same room with you is digital.
    I have two heavily modified (Alex Peychev) SACD players and many well mastered SACDs. It’s still not as good as analogue. But, the DCC Gold “Blue” does sound like Joni is in my heavily modified listening room.

Elon Musk is buying Twitter, let that sink in. His new title, Chief Twit.
    The guy has has a sense of humor.

The richest man in the world, the man who built digital payments company PayPal, now has one of the worlds largest digital social platforms, one which transcends boarders and governments.

It’s expected he will integrate digital currencies at Twitter, (Bitcoin and possibly Doge), to build a worldwide marketplace, digital payments banking network and improved social network.

I wouldn’t bet against him.

Also in the news this week….

Supply and demand. Bitcoin Percent Supply On Exchanges Shrinks To 12.2%

“JPMorgan is exploring the idea of a digital wallet
    that would allow users to control their digital identity and assets across platforms, though the potential offering’s level of decentralization remains to be seen.”

Wonder why Jamie Diamond is so interested in digital identity and wallets?

A CBDC can allow government agencies and private sector players to program, to create smart contracts, to allow targeted policy functions.”
    He proceeded to give a couple of examples, such as welfare payments, consumption coupons, and food stamps. Money can be programmed a targeted for one type of use, he stated.”

They failed to mention that they can also program the way you are allowed to spend the money you earn. Don’t trust any of these guys with your money.

There’s no need for CBDC’s. We need to separate money from state and these centralized banks.

Bitcoin does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post

The richest man in the world, the man who built digital payments company PayPal, now has one of the worlds largest digital social platforms, one which transcends boarders and governments.
    No. PayPal's parent company bought a company that Elon founded. A company that fired him as CEO. They did make him CEO after the acquisition. He proceeded to muck up the company to the point where Peter Theil left. Elon was fired after a few months and Theil came back as CEO. He righted the ship, renamed it PayPal and did such as good job eBay bought them. PayPal succeed in spite of Elon, not because of him. In return for being fired twice, he was rewarded with like $200 million dollars. Now you got me praising Theil. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    No. PayPal's parent company bought a company that Elon founded. A company that fired him as CEO. They did make him CEO after the acquisition. He proceeded to muck up the company to the point where Peter Theil left. Elon was fired after a few months and Theil came back as CEO. He righted the ship, renamed it PayPal and did such as good job eBay bought them. PayPal succeed in spite of Elon, not because of him. In return for being fired twice, he was rewarded with like $200 million dollars. Now you got me praising Theil. Damn.
    “In 1995 he founded Zip2, a company that provided maps and business directories to online newspapers. In 1999 Zip2 was bought by the computer manufacturer Compaq for $307 million, and Musk then founded an online financial services company, X.com, which later became PayPal, which specialized in transferring money online. The online auction eBay bought PayPal in 2002 for $1.5 billion.”

Ok, let’s just say much of the foundation of PayPal was built on a digital financial services company that Musk co founded and built..

The point is that Musk understands digital payment systems on the internet and now he has a huge platform with Twitter to build…who knows what?

There’s a good possibility of Bitcoin playing a large role as the main currency for the platform.

This would be another point of Bitcoin mass adoption and contribute to continued mainstream acceptance of Bitcoin. We’ll have to see how it all plays out.

This man thinks outside the box.

Everyone will eventually buy Bitcoin at the price they deserve

It’s expected he will integrate digital currencies at Twitter, (Bitcoin and possibly Doge), to build a worldwide marketplace, digital payments banking network and improved social network.

I wouldn’t bet against him.

Also in the news this week….

Supply and demand. Bitcoin Percent Supply On Exchanges Shrinks To 12.2%

“JPMorgan is exploring the idea of a digital wallet
    that would allow users to control their digital identity and assets across platforms, though the potential offering’s level of decentralization remains to be seen.”

Wonder why Jamie Diamond is so interested in digital identity and wallets?

A CBDC can allow government agencies and private sector players to program, to create smart contracts, to allow targeted policy functions.”
    He proceeded to give a couple of examples, such as welfare payments, consumption coupons, and food stamps. Money can be programmed a targeted for one type of use, he stated.”

They failed to mention that they can also program the way you are allowed to spend the money you earn. Don’t trust any of these guys with your money.

There’s no need for CBDC’s. We need to separate money from state and these centralized banks.

Bitcoin does that.
    It is Jamie DIMON. Not Diamond. You do this repeatedly. Just because he works in finance and your spelling aligns with his job doesn't give you liberty to get his name wrong. My general rule of thumb is that those who can't get the little things right like spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. are not people I trust to get the big things right, like giving financial advice.

Also, your pro-bitcoin propaganda would hold a lot more water if you got it from less bitcoin-centric publications. There is a huge article on crypto, bitcoin, etc. in the latest BusinessWeek. I have not read it yet as it is extremely long but I read the author's newsletter daily and he is an excellent, very thorough writer who is great at making complex financial topics more understandable and who has worked as a lawyer and at Goldman Sachs, so he knows his stuff. I am guessing he weighs the pros and the cons very well.

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2...uverify%20wall

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    It is Jamie DIMON. Not Diamond. You do this repeatedly. Just because he works in finance and your spelling aligns with his job doesn't give you liberty to get his name wrong. My general rule of thumb is that those who can't get the little things right like spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. are not people I trust to get the big things right, like giving financial advice.

Also, your pro-bitcoin propaganda would hold a lot more water if you got it from less bitcoin-centric publications. There is a huge article on crypto, bitcoin, etc. in the latest BusinessWeek. I have not read it yet as it is extremely long but I read the author's newsletter daily and he is an excellent, very thorough writer who is great at making complex financial topics more understandable and who has worked as a lawyer and at Goldman Sachs, so he knows his stuff. I am guessing he weighs the pros and the cons very well.

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2...uverify%20wall
    Who are you to tell me what my liberties are?

Screw Jamie Diamond.

I spell it like that on purpose.

Cash App users can send and receive payments in BTC via the Lightning Network.

“ Moreover, Cash App boasts a user base of over 40 million. This means 40 million users can now settle instant, back-and-forth payments in BTC, all by integrating with the Lightning Network.”

This news is not found in BusinessWeek, a traditional media outlet carrying the water for the entrenched bankers, who are about to have their world disrupted as people discover they don’t need these bankers, and to pay high fees, just to move their own money around.

“ Moreover, Cash App boasts a user base of over 40 million. This means 40 million users can now settle instant, back-and-forth payments in BTC, all by integrating with the Lightning Network.”

This news is not found in BusinessWeek, a traditional media outlet carrying the water for the entrenched bankers, who are about to have their world disrupted as people discover they don’t need these bankers, and to pay high fees, just to move their own money around.
    You have a lot of angst. You are losing your audience with your nastiness. Did you read the article I suggested?

I have not read it yet, but I would bet that it has plenty of positive things to say about your beloved bitcoin. But it is by the mainstream establishment so you automatically say negative things. If you are going to bash the mainstream educated part of the country, a message board full of Duke alums might not be the best place to do it. And people wonder why this country is falling apart...

That’s Jack Dorsey’s company. They’ve been doing crypto within the app for awhile. It was covered by traditional media. The Lightning bit is interesting but it’s completely free to use cash. People have been using Cash App to move money for free for years. No crypto needed. And it’s instantaneous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    That’s Jack Dorsey’s company. They’ve been doing crypto within the app for awhile. It was covered by traditional media. The Lightning bit is interesting but it’s completely free to use cash. People have been using Cash App to move money for free for years. No crypto needed. And it’s instantaneous.
    All true. But I don’t think you’re seeing the bigger picture I keep trying to paint.

Bitcoin is becoming a safe haven asset for people around the world that don’t trust the ability of a government/Fed reserve created money to store and exchange their value.

The implementation of the Lightning network to 40 million more people thru Cash App is another step in building the infrastructure necessary for people to eventually have the choice to move away from using traditional banker/government controlled currencies and into using a currency/asset/money not manipulated by anyone, if they choose to.

Why did Satoshi give his concept away for free? Seems like he spent a very substantial amount of time and energy developing a concept which could have been sold for a very large amount of money.