View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 91-55 win over UNC-Asheville?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jabari Parker

38 39.58%
  • Rodney Hood

26 27.08%
  • Amile Jefferson

0 0%
  • Rasheed Sulaimon

0 0%
  • Quinn Cook

16 16.67%
  • Tyler Thornton

0 0%
  • Josh Hairston

0 0%
  • Andre Dawkins

6 6.25%
  • Matt Jones

0 0%
  • Marshall Plumlee

0 0%
  • Alex Murphy

0 0%
  • Semi Ojeleye

10 10.42%
  • Todd Zafirovski

0 0%
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. UNC-Asheville (Nov 18, 2013)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 91-55 win over UNC-Asheville?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

I really enjoyed watching Cook on defense tonight. The whole team got after it.

But seeing the slow-mo post on the front page a couple days ago made me observe Cook's defensive play more closely.

Parker

8-13 from the field, 21 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists in 19 minutes. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by timmy c View Post
    8-13 from the field, 21 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists in 19 minutes. Wow!
    And 6 turnovers.

That led me to vote for Hood for extending the defense and for a monster dunk.

I voted for Andre because I thought he elevated his game more than anyone else out there. He hit a few threes for us, but more importantly, he actually looked great on defense- an area that was often not one of his strengths during his first three years. He forced a 5 second call and very nearly forced 2 others with the help of Quinn and, I think, Matt Jones. He appeared to be vocal and animated on the court, and also had a beautiful cross-court pass to Murph at one point. I wasn't sure he was going to see much action this season, but he's definitely making a strong case.

Rodney Hood earned my vote with his versatility. He appears to be able to do everything. It is going to be a real joy watching him play.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Rodney Hood earned my vote with his versatility. He appears to be able to do everything. It is going to be a real joy watching him play.
    I agree!
    Not many teams have the luxury of Option 1 and Option 1a
    He would have made SUCH a difference to last years team...

PS I changed my avi - I now have a "Hood Ornament" just in time for Christmas...
    (Hope he doesn't change numbers again...)

I voted for Rodney, even though Jabari played excellently again (despite the turnovers) and Quinn played well, too, especially on defense.

I'm impressed with how Rodney has remade himself since transferring to Duke. He was primarily a spot up shooter his freshman season. However, K and the staff have urged him to be more aggressive and he has done just that, earning trips to the line and scoring at the rim and in the lane with frequency. His size combined with his ball-handling ability is just deadly, and he's proven to be good passer, too. When he is as aggressive as he was in the first half last night, he can flat out carry the team.

I know some mock drafts have him going late first or early second. But most of those analysts probably remember his freshman season when he didn't get into the lane nearly as frequently and played for a dysfunctional team. Assuming Rodney continues to stay aggressive, I don't see how NBA GM's don't start seeing him as a solid first rounder. Who wouldn't want a 6-8 shooting guard with a solid shot, ball handling ability, and passing ability?

I voted Cook. Good problem to have, when there are easily 3 players you could choose. Tipping point for me was, his getting in the lane and the pressure defense.