Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Parker named ACC Rookie of the Week

Suspect it won't be the last time.

From Duke press release.

"Duke freshman Jabari Parker was the unanimous pick for ACC Rookie of the Week after helping No. 4 Duke top Davidson, 111-77, Friday in Duke’s season opener at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

In his first collegiate game, Parker tied for the team lead with 22 points on 8-of-10 field goals and 3-of-3 three-point attempts. He added six rebounds, two assists and a block as the Blue Devils shot 70.4 percent from the floor and 61.9 percent from three-point range.

A 6-8, 235-pound forward, Parker started against Davidson and hit his first five shots en route to the second most points by a Duke freshman in a season opener under head coach Mike Krzyzewski. His 22-point effort was only the fifth 20-point game by a Duke freshman in a season opener in the Coach K era.

The ACC Player and Rookie of the Week awards are voted on by a panel comprised of media members scattered throughout the ACC's geographical footprint. The ACC announces the awards every Monday during the college basketball regular season."

Got a feeling we will be hearing this frequently.

Congrats Jabari !!!! may you have many more..!!!

oh yeah….and thank you for picking duke~~~~~!!!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I imagine this will be common. Hopefully he racks up national freshman recognition.

One of my unc friends watched part of the Duke game and said that those two little guys for Duke played a fantastic game. I hated to inform him that those two guys were 6'8 and 6'9". He said they play like good ball handling guards. Yep, they do. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    One of my unc friends watched part of the Duke game and said that those two little guys for Duke played a fantastic game. I hated to inform him that those two guys were 6'8 and 6'9". He said they play like good ball handling guards. Yep, they do. GoDuke!
    Be honest. You didn't hate it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilFalcon View Post
    I imagine this will be common. Hopefully he racks up national player of the year recognition.
    Fixed that for you.

I just watched the replay of the game. I thought Doris had an interesting comment on Jabari. She said Davidson should attack Jabari since defense is where he has the greatest growth potential... instead of saying that defense is his current weakness.