Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Access Denied" to new DBR site

When I type in dukebasketballreport.com I get the message "access denied". Does anyone else has this issue? Please help!

There have been a few reports of users clicking on the front page "forums" link in the menu and getting that. Yours is the first I've heard about the main page itself.

What happens if you use www in front, or use a different browser? Have you cleared cookies, history, and pressed F5/refresh?

Thanks,

-jk

Same thing happens to me on the main site.

Quote Originally Posted by G man View Post
    Same thing happens to me on the main site.
    What browser and os are you using? And what url or link is throwing the error?

-jk

It works fine for me, but a friend of mine (Mac OS X, Chrome) had the same error for dukebasketballreport.com.

ETA: I'm on Mac OS and using Safari.

no problem here…..mac os mountain lion……safari…
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

As near as I can tell, almost no one is having trouble. I'm trying to find any pattern with those who are having trouble.

Anyone getting the "access denied" page, please include the exact url you typed in, link you clicked, or bookmark you used to get there. Also post your browser and os versions, and whether you've cleared your browser cookies, history, and pressed refresh/F5.

We're trying to get some data to work with. If you're working fine, we don't need that just now.

Thanks,

-jk

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    As near as I can tell, almost no one is having trouble. I'm trying to find any pattern with those who are having trouble.

Anyone getting the "access denied" page, please include the exact url you typed in, link you clicked, or bookmark you used to get there. Also post your browser and os versions, and whether you've cleared your browser cookies, history, and pressed refresh/F5.

We're trying to get some data to work with. If you're working fine, we don't need that just now.

Thanks,

-jk
    http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/

On my iPad, I changed my bookmark to the above before the switchover. I get Access Denied first, when I hit refresh I get a list of the forums and can proceed from there.

I'm pretty sure it's a cache issue (as -jk suggested). I got that a couple days ago using Firefox. Clearing history/cookies/cache/temp internet files should fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/

On my iPad, I changed my bookmark to the above before the switchover. I get Access Denied first, when I hit refresh I get a list of the forums and can proceed from there.
    What happens if you bookmark the full url directly to the EK board:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?2

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I get Access Denied first, when I hit refresh I get a list of the forums and can proceed from there.
    I experienced this the other day, both for the forums and the main site. Refresh seemed to do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicdukie View Post
    When I type in dukebasketballreport.com I get the message "access denied". Does anyone else has this issue? Please help!
    I was having the same problem. I cleared my history and cookies as a previous poster suggested and that worked fine for me.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    What happens if you bookmark the full url directly to the EK board:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...mdisplay.php?2

-jk
    Ah, the mysteries of Apple. My bookmark took me straight to the forum list just now. I'll test it when I'm back home tonight (no stops, thanks though) and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicdukie View Post
    Worth noting SB Nation will sometimes go down, and DBR is now on the SBN platform. If you can't get to DBR, check out to see if any other DBR blogs are working. It happens.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Thanks for the advice. I cleared the cache and cookie and now it is working. Thanks so much!

While We're At It

A couple of other "bugs" noted: whatever version of the web page that shows up on my Kindle Fire doesn't seem to have a link to the Forums. If I'm missing it let me know. And, when I click on a link from the front page, I am reliably taken to the bottom of the corresponding article, leaving me to scroll up to start reading.

Small stuff, but otherwise detracts from the site.

Quote Originally Posted by DrChainsaw View Post
    A couple of other "bugs" noted: whatever version of the web page that shows up on my Kindle Fire doesn't seem to have a link to the Forums. If I'm missing it let me know. And, when I click on a link from the front page, I am reliably taken to the bottom of the corresponding article, leaving me to scroll up to start reading.

Not sure where you're coming from. On the main page, there's a top menu item with a "forums" link. It comes here.

If you click on that link, what happens?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by DrChainsaw View Post

On my Windows phone I can now link to the Forum by punching the icon thingy that looks like 3 horizontal shaded lines

Initially I assumed that I would need an SB Nation login. Imagine my surprise when I got this message:

Your Duke Basketball Report membership will be fully active in over 27 years, on Mar 10, 2041 1:39 AM PST. Until then, you won't be able to post comments, FanPosts, or FanShots. In the meantime, we hope you'll explore the community. Stick around!

Now I've been banned before so I know the drill but I thought that was a bit excessive especially since I had not even posted yet. I still get the message when I login to SB Nation but fortunately I don't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    On my Windows phone I can now link to the Forum by punching the icon thingy that looks like 3 horizontal shaded lines

Initially I assumed that I would need an SB Nation login. Imagine my surprise when I got this message:

Your Duke Basketball Report membership will be fully active in over 27 years, on Mar 10, 2041 1:39 AM PST. Until then, you won't be able to post comments, FanPosts, or FanShots. In the meantime, we hope you'll explore the community. Stick around!

Now I've been banned before so I know the drill but I thought that was a bit excessive especially since I had not even posted yet. I still get the message when I login to SB Nation but fortunately I don't need to.
    OK, the line thingy works on my Windows phone. I'm guessing it is there on my Kindle screen as well. That icon has not yet become a part of my visual lexicon.

FWIW, my Windows phone browser also reliably takes me to the bottom of every front page article.

something going on with my iPhone 5. It keeps reverting back to "mobile" even tho i repeatedly select "blue". the reason i don't like the mobile is that it doesn't recognize the posts that i've already read…
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese