Did I Really Just See Derrick Rose Wearing False Eyelashes?

Someone more tech savvy can link to the video from ESPN's Sunday Conversation tonight, but unless I am seeing things, or unless I somehow never noticed this on Rose before, he was wearing either false eyelashes or some kind of enhanced eyelashes in tonight's interview. They were obviously very long, dark, and styled in some way. Couldn't believe it. OK so first these guys started with the one earring, then they went to earrings in both ears, OK fine. Sideways detour to the laughably big and dorky (and sometimes lens-less) glasses. Now we're at false eyelashes. What's next as being hip/hiphop/cutting edge urban cool? Mascara and a little blush? What else can I say but this:

Smile Derrick R.?

rupaul.jpg

Is this about right?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Someone more tech savvy can link to the video from ESPN's Sunday Conversation tonight, but unless I am seeing things, or unless I somehow never noticed this on Rose before, he was wearing either false eyelashes or some kind of enhanced eyelashes in tonight's interview. They were obviously very long, dark, and styled in some way. Couldn't believe it. OK so first these guys started with the one earring, then they went to earrings in both ears, OK fine. Sideways detour to the laughably big and dorky (and sometimes lens-less) glasses. Now we're at false eyelashes. What's next as being hip/hiphop/cutting edge urban cool? Mascara and a little blush? What else can I say but this:
    Don't worry - I get lost in his eyes, too...

Whose amazingly mellifluous voice is that? Definitely a Pittsburgher; sounds like Myron Cope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOmi7xPXjJU there is a good look at them.

Well, I don't know that I'd say they were "obviously styled in some way." And the fact that they are dark is kind of consistent with, you know, his being African-American.

I think this is a case where the camera is just REALLY close to his face, which just accentuates the fact that he has long eyelashes.

Regardless, even if he was wearing fake/enhanced eyelashes, who cares?

Maybe he had a Richard Pryor moment and burnt his real eyelashes off.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Regardless, even if he was wearing fake/enhanced eyelashes, who cares?
    Amen. We don't care about tats, earrings, brightly colored shoes or the makeup/hair enhancements worn by all those studio talking heads. And then there's Chris Andersen.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Whose amazingly mellifluous voice is that? Definitely a Pittsburgher; sounds like Myron Cope.
    That is unequivocally Myron. Yoy and double-yoy!

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    That is unequivocally Myron. Yoy and double-yoy!
    You got that right! And here it is: Link.

I think the most probable explanation is that Derrick Rose just has long eyelashes.

Long eyelashes, unibrows, box haircuts....maybe if my son can grow hair on his knuckles Coach Cal will recruit him someday!