Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1080
    I sorta hate that they revealed the Whisperers so quickly. It would have been a lot more fun to have "smart" Walkers who used weapons and keep it a mystery that they were really humans in Walker disguises a little while longer.

I'm struggling to understand why these folks are much of a threat at all unless "Alpha" has somehow convinced several hundred people to wander around wearing dead skin on their bodies. I guess the Whisperers will be experts at directing and therefore weaponizing herds of walkers cause they don't appear to have much in the way of weapons other than some knives and their numbers just can't be all that big.

I enjoyed getting some backstory on Alpha and Lydia (even if it was confusing because we were seeing Lydia's altered memories where her cruel mother pretended like the father was the cruel one) but I am going to need a lot more to understand how the Whisperers work and operate.

Presumably the Whisperers shamble around with walkers all day... ok. Well, what do they do at night? Do walkers even sleep? How do the Whisperers get food or drink without standing out as being different from the walkers and then being attacked? Lastly, how could anyone look at Alexandria and think, "I'd rather wander all day with the walking dead than spend any time in that place." What on Earth motivates these people to be a part of the Whisperers? It took Lydia about 10 minutes of seeing life inside Alexandria for her to freaking abandon her mother! I mean, why are all those other folks standing next to Alpha as she threatens Alexandria?

-Jason "the whisperers feel like something that is really not going to make a lot of sense when push comes to shove" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I sorta hate that they revealed the Whisperers so quickly. It would have been a lot more fun to have "smart" Walkers who used weapons and keep it a mystery that they were really humans in Walker disguises a little while longer.

I'm struggling to understand why these folks are much of a threat at all unless "Alpha" has somehow convinced several hundred people to wander around wearing dead skin on their bodies. I guess the Whisperers will be experts at directing and therefore weaponizing herds of walkers cause they don't appear to have much in the way of weapons other than some knives and their numbers just can't be all that big.

I enjoyed getting some backstory on Alpha and Lydia (even if it was confusing because we were seeing Lydia's altered memories where her cruel mother pretended like the father was the cruel one) but I am going to need a lot more to understand how the Whisperers work and operate.

Presumably the Whisperers shamble around with walkers all day... ok. Well, what do they do at night? Do walkers even sleep? How do the Whisperers get food or drink without standing out as being different from the walkers and then being attacked? Lastly, how could anyone look at Alexandria and think, "I'd rather wander all day with the walking dead than spend any time in that place." What on Earth motivates these people to be a part of the Whisperers? It took Lydia about 10 minutes of seeing life inside Alexandria for her to freaking abandon her mother! I mean, why are all those other folks standing next to Alpha as she threatens Alexandria?

-Jason "the whisperers feel like something that is really not going to make a lot of sense when push comes to shove" Evans
    Last night was a great night for character development even if the story was slow.

The long hair/short hair commentary sure feels like a Carol/Alpha showdown foreshadowing.

Substituting Henry for Carl is just lazy adaptation at this point. Just not at all invested in Henry.

The storyline playing off Daryl’s childhood and Lydia’s is interesting, and borderline StarLord/Thanos level of idiocy. It certainly ignores Spock’s “good for the many” from Wrath of Khan. I’d expect all of Hilltop to acknowledge it is the morally difficult choice to give Lydia back to Alpha, while at the same time recognizing another massive conflict is not the answer. It is either arrogance or blindness to think the roughly twelve whisperers can’t direct a herd to Hilltop.

The show is trying really hard to establish the new characters as relevant. It’s working to a degree- guessing one of the new characters getting sacrificed may be what it takes.

I don’t quite have TWD fatigue. If the story this season gets better, I’ll stick with it in the fall. Otherwise this may slip away like FTWD.

I’m still scratching my head on how they bring Rick back in movies. What would possibly keep Rick away from his family?

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I’m still scratching my head on how they bring Rick back in movies. What would possibly keep Rick away from his family?
    I'm guessing they will take him far, far away... far enough so that getting back to his family feels hopeless. Perhaps they will take him to England. Either that or Rick's involvement in the movies will consist of him being sedated or in a coma the whole time
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I would think promise of a cure, or fighting for "real" civilization...something that would promise Alexandria (and the world) a better future. Rick is forever the idealist.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Anarchy will always hold appeal to some.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Anarchy will always hold appeal to some.
    Right so just kill Alpha and the hostage guards on the spot. I agree that the BS factor is large here and once again we need to go along with the premise. Thuough it looks like Alpha will call in hundreds of her "live herd" so it will take the three communities working together to defeat them. I am guessing Carol's "son" will end up dead somewhere in this leading to the Alpha/Carol showdown..........in the octagon......only on pay per view.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Beta vs Daryl was darn good last night. This half season is as good as this show has been in a while. Slow as usual, but fairly compelling with the Whisperers storyline. I was disappointed that the actor that plays Beta was on The Talking Dead because I do not think his real face had been revealed yet on the show which made it more unnerving.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Beta vs Daryl was darn good last night. This half season is as good as this show has been in a while. Slow as usual, but fairly compelling with the Whisperers storyline. I was disappointed that the actor that plays Beta was on The Talking Dead because I do not think his real face had been revealed yet on the show which made it more unnerving.
    It fascinated me that he was one of the main actors in Remember the Titans.

I realize it advances a plotline, had I been Daryl, I would have dumped some gas and a match down that elevator shaft.

I’m fairly certain its going to take Henry dying for Lydia to choose sides.

I think the Highwaymen will provide some good comic relief.

How long before Michonne starts asking Negan for advice?

It fascinated me that he was one of the main actors in Remember the Titans.

I realize it advances a plotline, had I been Daryl, I would have dumped some gas and a match down that elevator shaft.

I think the Highwaymen will provide some good comic relief.

How long before Michonne starts asking Negan for advice?
    I kept thinking that Lydia was going to come to Daryl's rescue to kill Beta.

I thought Lydia did choose sides when she broke out of the room to help?

I can't believe the silence of this thread. This week's episode may have been one of the best episodes ever.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I can't believe the silence of this thread. This week's episode may have been one of the best episodes ever.
    I missed it due to some basketball tournament, but I watched it last night. What Negan did pales in comparison to this. The pikes! I have no idea how they can fight this group because of the enormous herd they control. They need artillery, or some sort of high explosives to wipe out thousands. Either Eugene needs to come up with something or Negan does. Of course if you cut off the head (kill alpha and beta) that may work. BTW, they did a nice job of making the first hour so happy that even though it was an obvious set up it worked to make the last 20 minutes terrifying and the next to last scene devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Blame Spectrum.
    We DVR’d it, and the spectrum guide only had TWD for an hour so we missed the last 30 minutes.

Its been spoiled so I know what happens but I can’t find a replay anywhere before Wednesday 1am so it’ll be Thursday before I get to see what happened after Alpha showed up next to Lydia in the theatre.

Blame Spectrum.
    We DVR’d it, and the spectrum guide only had TWD for an hour so we missed the last 30 minutes.

Its been spoiled so I know what happens but I can’t find a replay anywhere before Wednesday 1am so it’ll be Thursday before I get to see what happened after Alpha showed up next to Lydia in the theatre.
    If you get it on Spectrum, you can watch it on AMC.com or on the AMC app on iOS/Andriod.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    If you get it on Spectrum, you can watch it on AMC.com or on the AMC app on iOS/Andriod.
    Spectrum unlocked the episode on demand today.

Even spoiled, the last 30 minutes was pretty good.

I really wished I knew more about “the highway men” before they died. Seemed like a good episode, missed. Thought the in memorial given could have even showed more of the fight. Especially Tara, not a huge fan of her character, but she’s been around forever and deserved better.

The coming storm seems forced, hard to believe in 9 years we haven’t seen snow, now it impacts all the communities and the whole walking dead world ends.

So, the Whisperers essentially have a WMD in the form of a giant herd. I am sure it will take another season to resolve it but I am looking forward to seeing how Daryl solves this conundrum.

How did I miss that the lady in the older couple at Hilltop whose head ended up on a pole was Brett Butler??????

How did I miss that the lady in the older couple at Hilltop whose head ended up on a pole was Brett Butler??????
    I didn't catch it until reading about it after her first appearance. Obvious once you know it's her, but she definitely wasn't easily recognizable to me.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

Well that last episode this season was a whole lot of nothing.

Redemption of Negan? Check.
    Lydia/Carol bonding? Check.
    Completely out of bounds odd moment with Ezekiel? Check.

I used to live in the DC area. I guess the apocalypse brings with it Canadian winters.

And, like animals, the Whisperers migrate south for the storm and the trek across their territory to avoid (at least for now) winter war?

The Alpha Beta bondage also seemed wholly unnecessary.

Here’s hoping the AMC adaptation of Joe Hill’s NOS4A2 is good this summer.