Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1080
    Well, the preview has elements of a show that many of us have been asking for. The attempt to re-build society, and what that would look like, in a world of chaos. I'm sure they'll find a way to turn it into a bunch of petty squabbles between characters.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The season 23 (wait, that can't be right) trailer has dropped.

Finally we get the Whisperers! That or those walkers could speak.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

the show is walking dead to me.
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    the show is walking dead to me.
    I may pick it up and binge watch it once it's finally done since I had so much time invested. This show took a great comic series and ruined it.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

I'm still going to watch. The DVR will record the shows. I didn't read the comics but I don't think one needs to read the comics to know that the last couple of seasons sucked. It's time to exit 'battle' mode and enter 'growth' mode with a few skirmishes here and there but mostly people facing the challenges of restarting a proper civilization under those circumstances. Plus, so many characters that I'd cared about have been lost at this point and Rick's character has been crap for a while, I just don't know if I can care that much.

But...I'll still watch and hope for a return to something that I looked forward to watching and made time for rather than a show that I watch when I feel like it.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Now that we know that this is Rick's last season, how would you "end" him?

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    What a great question.

If I am the actor, I want to go out in a way where I can get the full zombie makeup treatment.

As a fan, the actual mechanics are not as important as the noble sacrifice for the greater good. A meaningless death would be the worst.

Do you believe the'll kill him off or leave the door open for his return?

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Do you believe the'll kill him off or leave the door open for his return?
    Dead and gone. No coming back. Based on the pace of the storytelling on this show, I expect There will be a funeral with eulogies that take up 3+ episodes.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

How about old age, they end the whole damn thing, and put us all out of our misery!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    How about old age, they end the whole damn thing, and put us all out of our misery!
    Yes! A whole season of Rick and Daryl and Negan sitting around in rockers on the porch at the old folks home, telling stories about how they used to fight zombies, while the other residents roll their eyes. Not that story again.

Negan: Rick, member that time I could have bashed your head in with Lucille, but I bashed your two friends heads instead? hahaha You were so scared.

Rick: Member that time I could have cut your throat but I decided to let you live instead? What was I thinkin? Those were the days. hahaha

Negan: Hey, Daryl!

Daryl: Grrrrrrhmmmm

Negan (singing): We're on easy street... And it feels so sweet

Rick: Nurse!

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Even though they said they would not do it, I am for him waking up in the hospital but that would end the series and there is a bit more $ to be made.

In the past, the bigger the role - the nastier the demise. Rick could make some sort of ultimate sacrifice and really get mutilated. I hope he outlives Negan though.

The benefit of having Darryl around is that he can take on the Rick role (no not that Rick roll) and the series can still be loosely based on the comic.

I know it has gotten stale, but I bet the writers do too. I'm still rooting for it.

What are the odds on the season premier being epic, or ordinary?

Also, given the history...how do you find mercy and forgiveness?

Well, at least one surprise side story that ended up ridding Hilltop of its most despicable resident.

Like these series, indeed. Some of my friends say that only the first two seasons are worth watching 'em but all the seasons seemed successful to me. Daryl is my favorite character - Norman Reedus is one of the best actors in the series. Here is the prank from AMC for those who like The Walking dead as I do

Quote Originally Posted by proffy View Post
    Here is the prank from AMC for those who like The Walking dead as I do
    A prank? Huh? It is nothing but an app they put out there a few years ago that takes your photo and turns you into a zombie. Did I miss something?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I don't feel that they are off to a good start. What I mean is that for a premier of a show this anticipated (usually), it was just....blah. Killing Gregory was the only compelling part of it. I realize the pace is slow, but this is supposedly a year and a half from where we left off last season and it does not look like much has happened. Better things are sure to come, but wouldn't you want to start out with some excitement? They should have at least given us a tease. The helicopters? The trash heap queen? Fred, Velma, and Daphne in the mystery machine with plans for building a future? Something?! Not giving up, but geez, come on guys, pick it up!!!

Yeah, this series is running on fumes.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Yeah, this series is running on fumes.
    Fumes ran out about 2 seasons ago. I finally gave up after they offed Coral; his love triangle arc in the comics is (IMO) the most interesting part of The Whisperers, and without him to pick up the post-Rick mantle I have zero confidence in the writers being able turn this thing around:

Impaled on a piece of rebar after his horse gets spooked... sorry, but I don't really buy it. Lame lame lame.

He will pull himself off of the rebar and wander around for a while, slowly bleeding to death. I am guessing large parts of what we see next episode will be hallucinations, which is a giant waste of time for the audience. I predict his final act will take out a ton of threatening walkers or something "heroic" like that. He will likely die in Michonne's arms.

Sigh... I know the consensus is that this season has gotten better, but I'm coming close to checking out.