Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Rick and Company may have survived Alexandria, but they are seriously in bad shape now. No heapsters, lost a ton of people and weapons, no element of surprise with the other communities. It will be interesting to see how they plan on going about this war. Helps that Dwight is still on the inside.
    Recall that Dwight said part of his plan would be to turn the normal folks who live at the Sanctuary on Negan. I could see that being a real key. I also wonder if next season will see the allies on the offensive or the Saviors doing the attacking. I continue to think that someone will figure out how to make Walkers a weapon in this fight.

-Jason "I wonder if there are any more functioning tanks to be found... one tank could completely change the course of this war" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Also, did we ever find out what happened to Heath? Fairly sure he got away and there was never a follow-up.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Recall that Dwight said part of his plan would be to turn the normal folks who live at the Sanctuary on Negan. I could see that being a real key. I also wonder if next season will see the allies on the offensive or the Saviors doing the attacking. I continue to think that someone will figure out how to make Walkers a weapon in this fight.

-Jason "I wonder if there are any more functioning tanks to be found... one tank could completely change the course of this war" Evans
    Gotta figure the reverse Heapster manuever with Sanctuary citizens is the tide turner next season.

Meanwhile, I still hate Jadis and the other Heapsters speaking pidgin English. So stupid!
    Given your thoughts about the Heapster-ese dialect, you might enjoy this hypothetical look at pre-apocalypse Jadis.

I've got a fever and the only cure is more Shiva!! The Tiger attack was the best moment this entire season... and it ain't even close!
    I found the Shiva attack segments both ridiculous and awesomely rewarding.

Ridiculous because I am not sure how Shiva was supposed to know who to maul and who to leave alone. Seems to me that, once the battle began, Shiva might have been equally likely to take out a random Alexandrian as one of the Saviors. Logic aside, the segments were awesome because, well, who doesn't enjoy watching a fictional pet tiger rip apart bad guys.

Genuinely think next season has an opportunity to be the best season yet.

The show has to realize that the audience knows Rick's group is going to win. Rick very well may end up dying before the show ends, but it isn't happening against Negan's crew. Rick and company are outmanned and outgunned. The Saviors know who they're working with and where they're staying. They cannot win a straight up fight. The suspense doesn't come from Rick living or dying. It's not why the viewers tune in each week.

So, how are the writers going to help them gain they advantage? Do they somehow find another group of survivors in the area that the Saviors are unaware of? That doesn't seem likely to me.

Do they use Dwight to go outpost-to-outpost trying to flip people to their cause and killing the ones who don't? I could see this, but each outpost will be on guard now. They won't be able to take them unaware anymore. What happens if someone kills Dwight or informs Negan what he is trying?

Do they attempt to use the walkers as a weapon as Jason suggested? I'm interested in seeing how this would work.

There's a lot of great material to work with. Just not confident the show-runners will get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Genuinely think next season has an opportunity to be the best season yet.
    Ha Ha, I read this after forgetting I switched from EK to Off-Topic and thought, "now there's a Duke basketball optimist!"
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Wow, I did nail it! I'm not sure if I'm a good predictor or if they sorta telegraphed things. A few comments...
    [*]Anyone know what kind of machine gun Daryl was using? That was a serious weapon!
    The AR-15 is the civilian version of the military M-4, the "new" M-16. They are not automatic. So, this appears to be an M-4. The shortest legal barrel you normally see on an M-4/AR-15 is about 16", which is what this one looks like to me. I froze my dvr and looked carefully. This appears to be an M-4 with a 16" barrel that has a full length rail system installed. They used what's called a gen iii delta rail, delta because its cross section looks like the greek letter delta. Usually you see these with a rail system that has some barrel extending beyond the end. However, it's not hard to put a rail for a longer M-4 on a shorter M-4 and produce the same result as Daryl's gun. The rails are like legos, modular and stackable, so you could also just stick multiple short ones together. They call the AR-15/M-4 the barbie doll of the rifle world because it is nearly infinitely accessorizable. This one is wearing tan "desert" gear with a skeletonized stock and cheek plate. Cool looking, definitely, but nothing I couldn't build in a couple hours with the right stuff. Except the fully automatic part, of course.
    Last edited by bjornolf; 04-04-2017 at 03:55 PM.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    [*]Anyone have any idea what Negan gave to the Heapsters? It seemed like he was handing over 10 people. Huh? Are the Heapsters canibals and will eat those 10 people or do they just want to boost their ranks? Makes no sense to start a war and lose a bunch of folks in battle with your big reward at the end being 10 more people. Huh? Meanwhile, I still hate Jadis and the other Heapsters speaking pidgin English. So stupid!
    Maybe he was going to give them 10 Alexandrians. Maybe since everything went haywire, the deal fell through. Maybe the Heapsters (which is also a great name for heels fans - dump on the hump and all) don't like it when deals fall through. Maybe they turn on Negan for this reason. Jadis seems pretty binary. I am amused that when she tries to negotiate against someone that holds his ground, she always relents.

Maybe they were hostages he had taken from them?

Season 8 trailer is out... it is a long one, 5+ minutes in length.

Is it too late to put a wager on Father Gabriel not surviving the season? I'd say things look fairly grim for him given the pants Negan wants him to wear.

-Jason "what is with old man Rick at the end there... has to be a dream, right?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Season 8 trailer is out... it is a long one, 5+ minutes in length.

Is it too late to put a wager on Father Gabriel not surviving the season? I'd say things look fairly grim for him given the pants Negan wants him to wear.

-Jason "what is with old man Rick at the end there... has to be a dream, right?" Evans
    A few thoughts- what is with Jesus and Morgan fighting? Also, before the old Rick scene, sure looked like a hazed out funeral parlor with current Rick in a casket.

Don't think I can express how much I dislike Negan other than to say I appreciate the actor. What a role.

Looks just like the show. Lots of standing around, lots more standing around. Some walking. Finally something happening...back to standing around.

hooked....can't kick...i'm in...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Any thoughts on the season premiere/100th episode?

I was very "meh" on this one. Yeah, there was some decent action but I hated the jumping time lines with Rick. Here are a few comments--

• Old Man Rick - I have no idea if that future is supposed to be a dream or not. It sure had a fuzzy look to it, like it was a dream. I can't imagine the show would telegraph the long term (Judith looks like she is about 4 or 5 years older than right now) survival of Rick, Michonne, Carl, and Judith like this. I know it is highly unlikely any of them will die any time soon but confirming their survival would be a mistake and remove much of the drama and uncertainty from the show. So, it must be a dream... so why are we wasting time on a dream?!?! My bet is that we continue to get snippets from the dream for much of this season... ugh.
    • Bullets - The Allies (that is what I am going to call the Kingdom, Alexandria, and Hilltop joint army) wasted a ton of bullets and seemed to accomplish nothing. Maybe the show will explain to us why shooting 1000 bullets at high windows was part of a brilliant plan, but I don't see it right now. I thought bullets and guns were in short supply? And how did they not hit Negan or any of his lieutenants? They have worse aim than Storm Troopers firing at Luke and Han.
    • Pep Rally - Has there ever been anything more useless or dull than the endless speeches by Rick, Maggie, and King Zeke? What a the point of all that stuff? The soldiers are all armed and ready to kill or be killed... do they really need a pep talk to tell them what they are fighting for? Was there some question as to their loyalty and/or motivation? Useless plot filler.
    • Who are the Good Guys? - Our heroes just led an army of walkers to the Saviors compound which (in case you forgot) is filled with hundreds of innocent people who just live there.
    • Crying Rick - The show was so busy jumping around to different time lines and moments, some folks may have missed it but just about every time we saw the fuzzy Old Man Rick reality, we also saw a shot of Rick with red, teary eyes in some place with stained glass light shining on him. This was not a happy/content Rick. You can bet we will revisit that shot some time soon. Stained glass is often associated with church so I will guess that these are scenes of Rick mourning the loss of Father Gabriel.

--Jason "There's more, but that is enough for now. What did all of you think?" Evans

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    I was okay with the episode since I have gotten used to asking why. However, the battle scene was a letdown. You kill Negan on site. You keep a steady stream of lead into the doorway they came out of so no one retreats unscathed. The former leader of the Hilltop is a loser. There would be no hesitation. Kill them all. All the talking Negan does, and now Rick has allowed them to string this out. It's like the Batman and Catwoman relationship. As for Father Gabriel...I am incapable of feeling sorry for his predicament. What a dunce.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    I was okay with the episode since I have gotten used to asking why. However, the battle scene was a letdown. You kill Negan on site. You keep a steady stream of lead into the doorway they came out of so no one retreats unscathed. The former leader of the Hilltop is a loser. There would be no hesitation. Kill them all. All the talking Negan does, and now Rick has allowed them to string this out. It's like the Batman and Catwoman relationship. As for Father Gabriel...I am incapable of feeling sorry for his predicament. What a dunce.
    I don't get it...and why just fire into the building. So many wasted bullets.

Gregory and Gabriel need to die.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Gregory and Gabriel need to die.
    Actually, I sorta long for a death that actually means something to the audience. I mean, if Rick is all crying and mushy because Father Gabe died, I'm just not gonna believe it. Kill off someone who matters... like Glen and Abraham did.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Why didn't they just shoot Negan and company when they came out? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    Why didn't they just shoot Negan and company when they came out? I don't get it.
    Right. Better yet, if you have the ability to sneak within sniping distance of every scout, why not just set up near the compound, wait for Negan to show himself, and snipe him? Why the need to mount a full-frontal assault on the Saviors? Of course, that begs the question why any one of the Saviors haven’t killed Negan years ago. The writing for TWD has been mediocre to poor since they introduced Negan and last night continued the trend. It’s difficult to keep track of all of the plot holes. I’m trying to see the series through but my commitment is wavering.

Watching again with my wife who missed it. She said, "What's up with Rick Van Winkle?" Cracked me up.