Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I like your prediction, but I swear to God if they kill Daryl I will stop watching.
    they're not going to kill daryl...he's got to feed negan to shiva...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

New prediction

Carol will die before she finds out about Glenn and Abraham.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    New prediction

Carol will die before she finds out about Glenn and Abraham.
    plausible
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

so, they managed to keep negan out of the limelight for a few episodes, but now his ugly sadist self is back. I knew something was up with the two women trying to sweet talk eugene....i loved how he was on to them and nipped it in the bud...his character is so interesting (and VERY well played)

i, for one, am ready to get this rumble going....

So, do we think Eugene is actually with Negan at this point or is he just acting? And why did Dwight frame the doctor?

I get that Dwight lied about Sharri being eaten so Negan would stop chasing her, but that is a dangerous game if they ever accidentally come across Sherri in the future. Still, I don't understand why he framed the doc unless he knew that Negan wanted to punish someone for the whole mess with Daryl and Sherri so he gave Negan a whipping boy.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i, for one, am ready to get this rumble going...
    You are going to have to wait, I expect.

We will now get a couple episodes of looking for guns for the Heapsters; then we will probably get an episode or two that convince the Kingdom to join Alexandria and also show Hilltop putting Maggie in charge; at some point the female-colony that Tara found will probably crop up again and join the group; it will all build to a finale where the allies are ready to battle Negan... but the battle won't start until next season.

-Jason "still, it feels like the show found some purpose and direction over the past few episodes" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    So, do we think Eugene is actually with Negan at this point or is he just acting? And why did Dwight frame the doctor?

I get that Dwight lied about Sharri being eaten so Negan would stop chasing her, but that is a dangerous game if they ever accidentally come across Sherri in the future. Still, I don't understand why he framed the doc unless he knew that Negan wanted to punish someone for the whole mess with Daryl and Sherri so he gave Negan a whipping boy.

You are going to have to wait, I expect.

We will now get a couple episodes of looking for guns for the Heapsters; then we will probably get an episode or two that convince the Kingdom to join Alexandria and also show Hilltop putting Maggie in charge; at some point the female-colony that Tara found will probably crop up again and join the group; it will all build to a finale where the allies are ready to battle Negan... but the battle won't start until next season.
    could you bum me out a little more? i may still stay at work and finish the day...

could you bum me out a little more? i may still stay at work and finish the day...
    Listen to "Easy Street" on repeat for an hour and you'll feel better.

that was david lynch moment

Since I'm still following the show via reviews and this thread, I must admit that early on when you all were posting about the Heapsters, my brain autocorrected it to the "Teamsters", and now, for the life of me, I just can't read the stupid word correctly. (Obviously, if they were the Teamsters, it would be a different arc, entirely.)

I got concerned midway through that the episode that it was too happy and we were going to get an unexpected shock.

Still don't like or trust our DBR labeled Heapsters.
    Glad to see Tara is going to tell Rick about Oceanside.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Re: Carol - Both Morgan and Daryl realize she is at the breaking point with regards to her humanity. Yes, she would rally the Kingdom to fight and lead the charge, but at the cost of her soul. Neither of them what their friend to pay that price.
    I agree about Carol. She'd probably blame herself, too. Think she could have stopped it somehow. "Neegan, look at the flowers..."

Are the heapsters the post apocolyptic version of hipsters?

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    I agree about Carol. She'd probably blame herself, too. Think she could have stopped it somehow. "Neegan, look at the flowers..."

Are the heapsters the post apocolyptic version of hipsters?
    The heapsters are...something. Not entirely sure I trust them to be honest. I doubt the show has the wherewithal for the Heapsters to double cross them, but it would be an interesting twist.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    The heapsters are...something. Not entirely sure I trust them to be honest. I doubt the show has the wherewithal for the Heapsters to double cross them, but it would be an interesting twist.
    getting rick and ev to load them up with the weapons sure could turn out to be an uh-oh moment...

wow....like duke, just when you think the tank is empty......tonight's episode was one of the absolute best in the show's history...

so strong...so emotional, so well done...

Carol is back....let's rock...

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    If the Kingdom, Alexandria, Hilltop, Oceanside, and the weird dump people unite, Negan should be beaten badly...unless Rosita and Sasha screw it up. I agree it has been a slow crawl, but I'm enjoying it anyway. Some episodes like the last few have been character driven which just ups the ante. Hopefully, when the war comes, it will live up the buildup. I hope it is to TV what Saving Private Ryan was to the movie screen. Will all the ruckus create a walker heard? Will Negan die or survive as a prisoner? Will the long haired Negan goon at the Kingdom drops be introduced to Shiva? Will the Negan leader at the Alexandria drops get what he deserves? What will become of this show after Negan is dispatched? So much is invested in this storyline that it is hard to imagine what happens next. Clear the Pentagon and live there? Clear the D.C. Mall and live among the monuments, White House, and Museums? Is there a military presence anywhere that could help lead the comeback of humanity? Yeah, I'm still liking it. I sort of get the negativity, but it's a TV show based on a book/comic. It sits there on Sunday nights like a bad dream I can't get enough of.

wow...like duke, just when you think the tank is empty...tonight's episode was one of the absolute best in the show's history...

so strong...so emotional, so well done...

Carol is back...let's rock...
    I like how they did the Morgan/Richard angle. I think Morgan bought the story Richard told and decided to carry it out, while taking revenge on Richard for getting someone killed. It was a masterful play which likely backs the Saviors down a notch and moves them into a comfort zone. And then to show Morgan starting to go crazy as a result of breaking his vow not to kill? Definitely intriguing. Will he hold it together and help, or will he lose it and go crazy again?

As for Carol, her light switch moment didn't have much explanation to it, so it was hard to accept. Basically it just signifies that her moping timeline is over and she can rejoin the team for the big battle. But there are similar questions on whether she can be a functioning member of this society and a cold blooded killer at the same time. So far she's really the latter who fakes the former.
    "There can BE only one."

Question from the last episode -- the long-haired, maniacal Savior who shot Benjamin... what was he supposed to do? He was clearly supposed to shoot someone. Was it supposed to be Richard? Was he supposed to kill Richard or just wound him? So, long-hair shoots Benjamin in the leg, he just accidentally hits him in an artery, which means it is a fatal bleed-out wound, not a relatively mild injury. And yet the leader of the Savior crew gets mad at him and tells him to "walk home."

I just don't get what was supposed to happen and what went wrong (other than the bullet wound being worse than anticipated). The Savior leader was clear after he took the guns that he was about to do something bad. It sure seemed to me that long-hair was supposed to shoot someone. There was enough wind-up to the shot so the leader could have stopped it if he had wanted. The whole scene made no sense.

And I am really bothered by the conduct of the Saviors. It is not like the Kingdom was being overtly provocative or difficult. They were a little late, but it would seem that an occasional delay would be understandable. They were one melon short, but the King seemed genuinely surprised at that and he immediately offered to get multiple melons to make up for it. Yeah, there had been some tensions at recent drops, but this didn't feel like a situation where the Kingdom needed to be taught a violent lesson.

And what is the Saviors goal in this kind of provocation? Do they not realize that The Kingdom could turn against them? I guess they are just so used to everyone bowing down to them that they cannot conceive of resistance. Frankly, the episode felt like the Saviors were being really stupid.

I think one thing the show has not done well is convey the size and power of the Savior army. As Reddevil noted:
    If the Kingdom, Alexandria, Hilltop, Oceanside, and the weird dump people unite, Negan should be beaten badly.
    But, I think we are supposed to think that Rick absolutely needs all these allies to have a chance against The Saviors. The story works best if the Saviors are at least 300 strong and well-armed. The Saviors should look at each of these separate places and figure they can easily dominate it. We should look at the Saviors and think that even if Rick assembles his own army, he only has a small chance of winning this war. Instead, I feel like the story is leading us to believe the Saviors will easily be defeated by the combined might of The Kingdom (seems to be about 50 or so fighting men, but perhaps more; we don't have a great sense of the full scope of the community), Hilltop (20 fighters, not much more than that), Alexandria (40-50 fighters, I think), Oceanside (roughly 30, based on the crowd Tara saw), and the Heapsters (seems like 50, maybe a bit more).

-Jason "do folks disagree with my estimates?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Question from the last episode -- the long-haired, maniacal Savior who shot Benjamin... what was he supposed to do? He was clearly supposed to shoot someone. Was it supposed to be Richard? Was he supposed to kill Richard or just wound him? So, long-hair shoots Benjamin in the leg, he just accidentally hits him in an artery, which means it is a fatal bleed-out wound, not a relatively mild injury. And yet the leader of the Savior crew gets mad at him and tells him to "walk home."

I just don't get what was supposed to happen and what went wrong (other than the bullet wound being worse than anticipated). The Savior leader was clear after he took the guns that he was about to do something bad. It sure seemed to me that long-hair was supposed to shoot someone. There was enough wind-up to the shot so the leader could have stopped it if he had wanted. The whole scene made no sense.

And I am really bothered by the conduct of the Saviors. It is not like the Kingdom was being overtly provocative or difficult. They were a little late, but it would seem that an occasional delay would be understandable. They were one melon short, but the King seemed genuinely surprised at that and he immediately offered to get multiple melons to make up for it. Yeah, there had been some tensions at recent drops, but this didn't feel like a situation where the Kingdom needed to be taught a violent lesson.

And what is the Saviors goal in this kind of provocation? Do they not realize that The Kingdom could turn against them? I guess they are just so used to everyone bowing down to them that they cannot conceive of resistance. Frankly, the episode felt like the Saviors were being really stupid.

I think one thing the show has not done well is convey the size and power of the Savior army. As Reddevil noted:

But, I think we are supposed to think that Rick absolutely needs all these allies to have a chance against The Saviors. The story works best if the Saviors are at least 300 strong and well-armed. The Saviors should look at each of these separate places and figure they can easily dominate it. We should look at the Saviors and think that even if Rick assembles his own army, he only has a small chance of winning this war. Instead, I feel like the story is leading us to believe the Saviors will easily be defeated by the combined might of The Kingdom (seems to be about 50 or so fighting men, but perhaps more; we don't have a great sense of the full scope of the community), Hilltop (20 fighters, not much more than that), Alexandria (40-50 fighters, I think), Oceanside (roughly 30, based on the crowd Tara saw), and the Heapsters (seems like 50, maybe a bit more).

The show seems to be deliberately misleading around Saviour size.

There seems to be at least a few satellite Saviour tribes- the group dealing with the Kingdom doesn't seem directly connected to Negan's main fortress.

The Saviours confidence also seems to be rooted in information (we know more than you do) as well as a few aces in the hole, like the blocked highway/explosives/zombie herds.

We've already seen the heapsters with an armored zombie- what happens if Eugene makes good on his design to armor the Saviour gate zombies.

The other wrinkle is whether or not there is also a rebellion within the Saviours.

I feel like the story is leading us to believe the Saviors will easily be defeated by the combined might of The Kingdom (seems to be about 50 or so fighting men, but perhaps more; we don't have a great sense of the full scope of the community), Hilltop (20 fighters, not much more than that), Alexandria (40-50 fighters, I think), Oceanside (roughly 30, based on the crowd Tara saw), and the Heapsters (seems like 50, maybe a bit more).

So, my son is a couple weeks behind watching the show and he just watched the episode from March 5th. I had completely forgotten but the end of that episode gives us pretty solid figures on the size of the various fighting groups.

When the Alexandrians are delivering guns to the Heapsters, Tara says there are 63 guns (she inventoried them). The head Heapster says that might be enough for Alexandria, but her group needs twice that many. So, that would seem to indicate that there are roughly 60-70 Alexandrians who can fight and about 130-150 Heapsters (I estimate the Heapsters as 63x2 plus another 25 or so who already have guns). I stand by my Hilltop estimate, there were no more than 20 people who approached Maggie and Sasha about wanting to fight after Maggie left Gregory's house. It does seem like The Kingdom is the largest community, so maybe they have more than 100 fighters also. It would make sense for The Kingdom to be bigger and more formidable because the Saviors gave them a special deal, different from Hilltop and Alexandria, which would seem to indicate the Saviors have more respect (fear?) for The Kingdom.

-Jason "again, we need to know how many Saviors there are and what weapons they have" Evans

So, my son is a couple weeks behind watching the show and he just watched the episode from March 5th. I had completely forgotten but the end of that episode gives us pretty solid figures on the size of the various fighting groups.

When the Alexandrians are delivering guns to the Heapsters, Tara says there are 63 guns (she inventoried them). The head Heapster says that might be enough for Alexandria, but her group needs twice that many. So, that would seem to indicate that there are roughly 60-70 Alexandrians who can fight and about 130-150 Heapsters (I estimate the Heapsters as 63x2 plus another 25 or so who already have guns). I stand by my Hilltop estimate, there were no more than 20 people who approached Maggie and Sasha about wanting to fight after Maggie left Gregory's house. It does seem like The Kingdom is the largest community, so maybe they have more than 100 fighters also. It would make sense for The Kingdom to be bigger and more formidable because the Saviors gave them a special deal, different from Hilltop and Alexandria, which would seem to indicate the Saviors have more respect (fear?) for The Kingdom.

-Jason "again, we need to know how many Saviors there are and what weapons they have" Evans
    We know the Saviors have one appropriated from Alexandria RPG...