Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It is going to be interesting to see how they handle the investigation into Aiden's death (and Noah's). I am sure the show will have Nicholas lie and say that it was Glenn's fault. Nicholas will probably even say that it was planned by Glenn to get Aiden out of the way. Now, in real life it would be clear that Nicholas is a coward and his story would fall apart upon any reasonable questioning, but the show probably won't go that way. It is worth noting via the incident with the construction crew that the people of Alexandria have a policy about fleeing and leaving friends behind, so when Glenn says Nicholas just wanted to leave Aiden behind and when Eugene says Aiden tried to steal the truck and flee it should ring true to Deanna. But, I suspect Deanna's ability to think rationally will be clouded in her grief over losing her son.

I'm wondering why Gabriel was so eager to speak out against our heroes. Is he still that traumatized by the massacre of the cannibals in his church? Or maybe does he worry that Rick and Co know his big secret about allowing his parishioners to be massacred and he wants to find new folks who will not know how far he fell? Either way, Fr. Gabriel picked sides.. and he picked the wrong one. By the way, Gabriel has now been passed by Eugene on the "I'm completely useless in the new world" scale putting him only one spot above the bottom rung (currently occupied by Judith) so you'd think he would be thankful to the group for keeping him alive for so long.

It is a total guess, but I am betting next week we will lay the seeds of the battle for control of Alexandria. The fight will begin but be extended into the season finale. The finale will produce serious casualties on both sides (Deanna dies, perhaps putting drunken Pete in charge?) and there will be some kind of standoff in the finale that would seem ready to cost a lot more lives, but then something will happen outside the gates -- perhaps a breach with Zombies coming inside or (more likely) the "Wolves" or some other group will attack and force the two sides to ban together to fight them off. As a result, the old and new Alexandria residents will have to form a new community for their own safety... with Rick as the new man in charge.

Just a guess, but that is how I see it playing out. Then, next season will be all about a united Alexandria versus the forces that want to get inside the gates. Not entirely dissimilar from some of the stuff with the Governor and the prison.

-Jason "why was Carol being so mean to Sam? Shouldn't she be continuing to butter him up so he won't tell anyone about the guns?" Evans
    I think Carol was being mean to Sam to prevent getting close to a kid again. She has already lost her own daughter and then lost the two little girls after Terminus. I also think she's going to kill Peter and Rick is going to have to deal with Carol as constable. This would be the 2nd time he's had to make a choice about Carol. The first time, he banished her, but took her back in after she proved her value as a survivor. Will he be able to overlook it again? Carol killed in the prison to prevent the outbreak (or so she said). But if she kills Peter, then it becomes more apparent she just likes killing.

Gabriel, I think, came across as a raving lunatic to Deanna, unless she's very religious. The ranting about Satan disguising himself... might have even been foreshadowing to how he ends up being viewed. Remember, she said she's very good at reading people - I'd like to think she's confident in that ability. As for her talk with Maggie, I think she was less concerned with them taking power positions. I think she was actually thinking about Maggie as a potential replacement. I think she dies (or perhaps more likely, her husband), but I don't think Pete's alive to take over.

It will be curious to see how Aiden's death will cloud her judgement, but I'd hope she'd see that the group lost Noah as well. I'm wondering if that poorly developed interaction between Noah and Deanna's husband will play into the rationalizing of what happened. Perhaps it will drive a wedge between them? Will the community start picking sides? Deanna *has* to know Glenn isn't the problem but Nicholas is, right? She's seen it first hand.

Interesting tidbit - last night's episode was directed by Jen Lynch, who is David Lynch's daughter.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3853924/?ref_=tt_eps_cu_n

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0528337/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

I was kind of bummed that they killed off Noah. He wasn't the best character but I thought it might be interesting to see where they went with him. I would have been happy if they had killed off Gabriel. I've found him to be useless and ungrateful from day 1. Not the mention that he obviously turned his back on others when he was holed up in his church with all that food. I'd really like it if Rick took him on a one way drive and just dropped him off somewhere to fend for himself. I'm worried about both Rick (getting a little crazy) and Carol (scary/dangerous).

I can't believe there are only a few episodes left in the season. Each week as soon as an episode ends, I'm already looking forward to the next episode to see what happens next (while I hope that my favorite characters don't get killed).

I don't understand the whole Gabriel angle, unless it is to bring about an endgame for a character with little positive value. I do wonder whether Maggie will let on to what Gabriel's back story is to the Congresswoman. I half expected her to confront him directly as she rounded the stairs. It certainly would have put a stop to that entire angle very quickly, which I sure is why it didn't happen.

I also don't understand how the Alexandria team has survived this long if they are this bad outside of the walls. Seems like there may be more to the "cut and run" defense than we've seen to date. They just act like they've never had to defend themselves against the undead before, which I find hard to believe.

Thought the two deaths were a bit over the top with the gore to the point of being comical - Noah's especially.

I could see Carol ruining the party by shooting the drunken husband. However there's no evidence whatsoever that he's done anything wrong. I'm willing to bet that situation isn't what it appears to be either. Maybe the wife is the abusive one?

A decent episode, and much better than last week's which had relatively little drama.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Gabriel and the Congresswoman don't make it out of this season alive. Also, one of Abraham's crew will likely go too.
    "There can BE only one."

On Talking Dead, the actor who plays Eugene said "Everybody Ate Chris". I just about died laughing.

What was it that Aiden confessed to Glen? I couldn't make out what he was saying and I even turned the volume up.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    What was it that Aiden confessed to Glen? I couldn't make out what he was saying and I even turned the volume up.
    Basically confessed to being the ones that got their friends killed because they screwed up

Also reinforced the "every man left behind" policy of Alexandria.

Shane was ahead of his time it seems.

prolly gonna blow up a little bit tonight so they can leave us with a hanger next week...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Rick as second coming of Shane, next week going to be an interesting finale.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Rick as second coming of Shane, next week going to be an interesting finale.
    Yea I've suspected that was where Rick was headed but his "I can protect you" bit sealed it.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Yea I've suspected that was where Rick was headed but his "I can protect you" bit sealed it.
    For those that are more cinematically inclined (I pretty much watch for entertainment, not hunting for deeper meaning.), on the Talking Dead they compared Shane shaving his head to Rick shaving his beard.

Didn't dawn on me until they said it. Anyone else either pick that up or have some other insight they garnered from the show they'd care to share?

The fact that Carol is on Talking Dead may not be a good omen considering the sneak preview.
    That would be a bummer.

Even more speculative- if they exile Rick, will he join the W(olves) group and come back and ransack Alexandria?

Michonne and Rick's relationship now in a tricky spot.

For those that are more cinematically inclined (I pretty much watch for entertainment, not hunting for deeper meaning.), on the Talking Dead they compared Shane shaving his head to Rick shaving his beard.

Didn't dawn on me until they said it. Anyone else either pick that up or have some other insight they garnered from the show they'd care to share?

The fact that Carol is on Talking Dead may not be a good omen considering the sneak preview.
    That would be a bummer.

Even more speculative- if they exile Rick, will he join the W(olves) group and come back and ransack Alexandria?

I suspected he was going Shane on us when he started coveting Phil's wife and looked like he was ready to kill to get her. Sealed with the "I can protect you."

The beard/head shaving is a nice subtlety.

I think Michonne was trying to save Rick. He's probably already dug himself a huge hole but letting him go on and on was only going to make it deeper. Now Rick might not see it that way but... it is the truth.

Will be interesting to see Rick exiled and Carl and Judith stay behind... (I assume they will stay behind).

The most logical storyline for the last episode is Rick gets exiled and then something bad happens in Alexandria and Rick get re-integrated w/ the group (either inside or outside Alexandria).

i like carol...she's my kind of psycho....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    The most logical storyline for the last episode is Rick gets exiled and then something bad happens in Alexandria and Rick get re-integrated w/ the group (either inside or outside Alexandria).
    I think the W folks will rear their ugly heads and attack the city. They seem to be pretty comfortable using Walkers so I wonder if they might be able to steer a herd of Walkers toward the city, which would be a nightmare for the Alexandria residents.

Things will seem bad and they will lament not having Rick to help them out just as he reappears and helps deal with the crisis. He will save the city and will confess to not acting properly -- perhaps his conduct will be blamed on PTSD. The season will end with the W folks preparing to attack and our heroes, led by Rick, prepared to fight them off. Much like season 5, we will end on a cliffhanger of sorts, probably one which will make the situation seem incredibly dire and desperate (like being trapping in a train car by cannibals).

I hope the show will find a way to make the W villains last for more than just a few episodes. I was disappointed that Terminus and Gareth went away so quickly. Lets have a lasting villain this time, like the Governor was.

-Jason "I find it disappointing that everyone in the town seems to be judging Rick so quickly. They all know that Pete is a wife beater..." Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Jason, you might fund it funny to know that I don't watch the show (I've only seen two episodes), but I follow the story every week through the WSJ Speak Easy recaps.

Strange, I know. My wife is not a horror/gore fan, and with small children (including a 7 month old baby), it's hard for me to have a show that just I watch. I've thought about watching past seasons on my computer on work trips... We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Reisen View Post
    Jason, you might fund it funny to know that I don't watch the show (I've only seen two episodes), but I follow the story every week through the WSJ Speak Easy recaps.

Strange, I know. My wife is not a horror/gore fan, and with small children (including a 7 month old baby), it's hard for me to have a show that just I watch. I've thought about watching past seasons on my computer on work trips... We'll see.
    I don't sleep well, so I watch at 4:30 am before the wife and kids get up.

I am a bit behind, so not reading this thread... but good god, Noah's death sort of makes me not want to watch the show anymore. What, they were mad that GoT got the most gruesome scene on TV?

A bit put off, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    I am a bit behind, so not reading this thread... but good god, Noah's death sort of makes me not want to watch the show anymore. What, they were mad that GoT got the most gruesome scene on TV?

A bit put off, to be honest.
    Yea, it was pretty bad. On Talking Dead, they had Tyler Williams as a guest. They made him sit next to the dummy that got torn apart. It was rather disturbing to see him sitting next to it. Then the moderator read something that said "Everybody Ate Chris" and everyone cracked up laughing. It was funny cause it was so wrong.

What a finale!

Are there really only two Wolves?

I guess AMC strategy is to alternate seasons of Fear the Walking Dead this summer and Walking Dead in the fall.

I'd say the gang plus Morgan will make things interesting.

Disappointed but not surprised that Glenn did not kill that jackI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. that shot him.

WT were Aaron and Daryl thinking opening those trailers????

I am way over Gabriel, wish Sasha had taken care of business. His whole storyline is pretty incoherent to me. His group doesn't belong but he is going to go kill two walkers and then let 4(?) in "paradise"?

Can't wait until next season.