Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    I don't like noah....but the preacher might be coming around...

i also don't like clean cut strangers....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

With Sasha, Daryl and Maggie all working through significant loss, I suspect we'll see some impacts /unintended consequences of them not being themselves in future episodes.

Clean cut guy sure feels like the intro to the next major event / conflict.

I think clean cut guy's group has been watching the group for a while, planted the water and maybe sent the dogs.

I was trying to figure out if the zombies at the door were a dream until the post tornado scene.

Where's Morgan?

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    With Sasha, Daryl and Maggie all working through significant loss, I suspect we'll see some impacts /unintended consequences of them not being themselves in future episodes.

Clean cut guy sure feels like the intro to the next major event / conflict.

I think clean cut guy's group has been watching the group for a while, planted the water and maybe sent the dogs.

I was trying to figure out if the zombies at the door were a dream until the post tornado scene.

Where's Morgan?
    The post-credit Morgan scenes we saw earlier this year appeared to be well in the future from when our heroes were in the same location. I suspect he was months behind them in those scenes. I wouldn't expect him to show up in any meaningful way until the end of this season, at the earliest.

There was great debate in my house about the zombies at the door. I think there might be an argument that they were a dream -- that Maggie heard the tornado in her dreams and her mind turned it into a zombie attack. Though the sheer number of impaled Zombies outside would seem to lend itself to the alternate theory that there was a zombie attack that was thwarted by a tornado.

This was perhaps the most uneventful episode of the entire series, wasn't it? Show really feels like it jumped the shark with the destruction of the prison. We need a good, lasting antagonist like The Gov was and like we all thought Gareth would be (he and the Hunters got killed off too soon).

-Jason "by the way, the guy at the end of the episode (who we all suspect will be part of a new group threat) is named Aaron" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The post-credit Morgan scenes we saw earlier this year appeared to be well in the future from when our heroes were in the same location. I suspect he was months behind them in those scenes. I wouldn't expect him to show up in any meaningful way until the end of this season, at the earliest.

There was great debate in my house about the zombies at the door. I think there might be an argument that they were a dream -- that Maggie heard the tornado in her dreams and her mind turned it into a zombie attack. Though the sheer number of impaled Zombies outside would seem to lend itself to the alternate theory that there was a zombie attack that was thwarted by a tornado.

This was perhaps the most uneventful episode of the entire series, wasn't it? Show really feels like it jumped the shark with the destruction of the prison. We need a good, lasting antagonist like The Gov was and like we all thought Gareth would be (he and the Hunters got killed off too soon).

-Jason "by the way, the guy at the end of the episode (who we all suspect will be part of a new group threat) is named Aaron" Evans
    I'd trade your uneventful for subtle or nuanced.
    A good set up for the future episodes.
    I thought the desperation was palpable.

- will Michonne and Sasha get into it?
    - will Abraham look for retribution for the knife cut from Sasha?
    - will Daryl crack (or run off)
    - who left the water
    - who are the remaining "red shirts"? (Eugene, Abraham, Noah, Sasha, Tara, Gabriel, Rosita)
    - is anyone really untouchable? (Rick, Daryl, Carl, Carol, Michonne, Glen, Maggie)
    - who / what are the wolves? (And do the wild dogs relate in any way?)

At some point, will the Judith storyline come to a head?

I'd trade your uneventful for subtle or nuanced.
    A good set up for the future episodes.
    I thought the desperation was palpable.

- will Michonne and Sasha get into it?
    - will Abraham look for retribution for the knife cut from Sasha?
    - will Daryl crack (or run off)
    - who left the water
    - who are the remaining "red shirts"? (Eugene, Abraham, Noah, Sasha, Tara, Gabriel, Rosita)
    - is anyone really untouchable? (Rick, Daryl, Carl, Carol, Michonne, Glen, Maggie)
    - who / what are the wolves? (And do the wild dogs relate in any way?)

Aaron likely left the water. Apparently, in the books, he's a character from the Alexandria safe zone that follows people to see if they're worth inviting to the camp.

Remains to be seen if that's who he is in the TV series. He's also apparently the first openly gay character of the show.

I don't think Michonne and Sasha will get into it. I think the Sasha storyline was showing how much she could be like Tyreese. I think she will slip up in the future though and cause something bad to happen - she's a bit of a hothead.

Abraham likely didn't care about the knife cut - remember, he offered her a drink after that and she declined because "they aren't friends."

The Wolves are supposedly akin to the group in the comics known as the Saviors. If that's the case, I believe we will get what Jason wanted - a "good, lasting antagonist."

As for this last week's episode - meh. Very slow. Very uneventful, until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Aaron likely left the water. Apparently, in the books, he's a character from the Alexandria safe zone that follows people to see if they're worth inviting to the camp.

Remains to be seen if that's who he is in the TV series. He's also apparently the first openly gay character of the show.

I don't think Michonne and Sasha will get into it. I think the Sasha storyline was showing how much she could be like Tyreese. I think she will slip up in the future though and cause something bad to happen - she's a bit of a hothead.

Abraham likely didn't care about the knife cut - remember, he offered her a drink after that and she declined because "they aren't friends."

The Wolves are supposedly akin to the group in the comics known as the Saviors. If that's the case, I believe we will get what Jason wanted - a "good, lasting antagonist."

As for this last week's episode - meh. Very slow. Very uneventful, until the end.
    So many spoilers... Can we not have spoilers?

Judith is the single most unrealistic part of the show. How are they feeding her? Early on, we would see them looking for powdered milk and bottles, but that storyline has basically disappeared. The rest of them can survive on worms and dog meat, but what are they feeding the baby? It is worth pointing out that this week's episode was all about how they could not find any water -- well, you can't explain thirst to a baby, the baby just cries and cries. Judith should have been pitching a fit the entire episode, but she never makes a peep. That's the quietest baby in the history of mankind.

-Jason "ok, Judith rant over..." Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    So many spoilers... Can we not have spoilers?
    Weren't any spoilers in there.

The show doesn't always follow the book. They've strayed several times. No telling what they include or don't include. It's all just speculation.

Judith is the single most unrealistic part of the show. How are they feeding her? Early on, we would see them looking for powdered milk and bottles, but that storyline has basically disappeared. The rest of them can survive on worms and dog meat, but what are they feeding the baby? It is worth pointing out that this week's episode was all about how they could not find any water -- well, you can't explain thirst to a baby, the baby just cries and cries. Judith should have been pitching a fit the entire episode, but she never makes a peep. That's the quietest baby in the history of mankind.

-Jason "ok, Judith rant over..." Evans
    Yea, I'm not real sure where that story is going, unless she's some key to the solution to the zombie problem.

Weren't any spoilers in there.

The show doesn't always follow the book. They've strayed several times. No telling what they include or don't include. It's all just speculation.
    You're kidding right? The comic and the show are different in many ways... but they are also similar in many ways. Saying what happens in the comic about people we know show up in the show... that's definitely spoilers. Not sure why some people feel the need to spoil things for others but if that's what's going to happen in this thread I will happily leave it.

Yea, I'm not real sure where that story is going, unless she's some key to the solution to the zombie problem.
    I don't think there is any "solution to the zombie problem." The show hasn't given any indication it is about anything more than survival in these harsh times. I doubt there is any solution, though at some point the existing zombies will largely decay away and no longer be a threat. Sure, there is a new zombie created every time someone dies without being gashed through the head, but the key to the current menace is their overwhelming numbers. At some point, those numbers dwindle to a manageable point and the only real concern is making sure anyone who dies gets brain scrambled fairly soon after death.

I would expect the show to last at least another 4 seasons. It is just too lucrative to take off the air at this point and most members of the cast aren't yet cashing in on their fame enough from outside sources for them to want to leave the show. I mean, it isn't like Andrew Lincoln, Stephen Yeun, Norman Reedus, and Melissa McBride are making a lot of big Hollywood movies when they take a break from the Walking Dead filming schedule.

-Jason "worth noting that Reedus has been cast in Triple Nine, due out this fall, which looks like it could be a big film with Woody Harrelson, Kate Winslet, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Casey Affleck, and Aaron Paul -- though I wonder how big a role Reedus will play with those Hollywood stars already in the cast" Evans

clean cut stranger reveal tonight?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I nominate:

"So we're clear, that look wasn't a 'let's attack that man' look. It was a 'he seems like an okay guy to me' look," for best line of the season so far.

Although the "crazy lady with a sword" speech was pretty awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    I nominate:

"So we're clear, that look wasn't a 'let's attack that man' look. It was a 'he seems like an okay guy to me' look," for best line of the season so far.

Although the "crazy lady with a sword" speech was pretty awesome too.
    Much better episode this week than last week. Answered a lot of questions, too.

Still feels like they're setting the group up for a big fall. Seems like the nicer the scenario is, the worse the outcome.

I will say that they must read these boards and what JasonEvans has to say - they really emphasized Judith's crying and the potential impact this time around.

Much better episode this week than last week. Answered a lot of questions, too.

Still feels like they're setting the group up for a big fall. Seems like the nicer the scenario is, the worse the outcome.

I will say that they must read these boards and what JasonEvans has to say - they really emphasized Judith's crying and the potential impact this time around.
    YAY!! Judith got hungry and cried!!! The writers have been reading my comments

I'm a little surprised the rest of the group didn't push back harder on Rick for his harsh treatment of Aaron. But, for a while now they have largely conceded all group decision to Rick and after what happened at Terminus, it is not hard to see how everyone would be super cautious.

So, now we arrive at Alexandria. I do not read the comics, but I know that the characters spend a long time in the "Alexandria Safe Zone" in the comics. As we have seen, there can be plenty of conflict and compelling storylines even when it seems you are safe from the walkers. In fact, some of the strongest points of the series came when the threat of walkers seemed lessened. And it is worth noting that the TV show quite often veers far off from the comic book storyline so the fact that we are in Alexandria does not mean we will follow the same storyline.

Presumably, Alexandria has a leader or leading group. It will be interesting to see how Rick responds to not having the final say on stuff any more. I could see that being one of the major stories going forward. I wonder if he will channel his inner Herschel again and get back to farming some crops to eat. I would imagine that Alexandria has fields to grow food.

-Jason "I'm glad we are off the road, it felt tiresome. And, now that we are in the same place (perhaps) for a while, it allows Morgan to catch up to Rick and company!" Evans

YAY!! Judith got hungry and cried!!! The writers have been reading my comments

I'm a little surprised the rest of the group didn't push back harder on Rick for his harsh treatment of Aaron. But, for a while now they have largely conceded all group decision to Rick and after what happened at Terminus, it is not hard to see how everyone would be super cautious.

So, now we arrive at Alexandria. I do not read the comics, but I know that the characters spend a long time in the "Alexandria Safe Zone" in the comics. As we have seen, there can be plenty of conflict and compelling storylines even when it seems you are safe from the walkers. In fact, some of the strongest points of the series came when the threat of walkers seemed lessened. And it is worth noting that the TV show quite often veers far off from the comic book storyline so the fact that we are in Alexandria does not mean we will follow the same storyline.

Presumably, Alexandria has a leader or leading group. It will be interesting to see how Rick responds to not having the final say on stuff any more. I could see that being one of the major stories going forward. I wonder if he will channel his inner Herschel again and get back to farming some crops to eat. I would imagine that Alexandria has fields to grow food.

-Jason "I'm glad we are off the road, it felt tiresome. And, now that we are in the same place (perhaps) for a while, it allows Morgan to catch up to Rick and company!" Evans
    My question is whether Maggie and Glen will have a baby?

do we find out the trick tonight? is it a trick?

rick has a gun in a blender...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    do we find out the trick tonight? is it a trick?

rick has a gun in a blender...
    Rick had a gun in a blender .

Another slow episode but the tension of the crew being in a seemingly safe place is pretty palpable.

The new group seems very strange... willingly giving Rick and Michonne authority at the end... so little protection from outsiders. I guess it was explained that there was an evacuation but I still think a place that well setup would be a target.

How ill prepared they seemed to be to fight walkers.

Seemed some tension between Rick and the blonde lady's husband. And maybe a different sort of tension between rick and the blonde lady (IYKWIM).

Should be interesting...

My favorite is that they disarm everyone, then hand Rick his hand cannon as "constable". So now the new group has the only people walking around with firearms... well, and a crossbow.

...and a dead possum (or is it an opossum?). At least DARYL thought to bring a gift.

I think Rep. Deanna Monroe is a smart lady who recognizes that her community has been fortunate to avoid major conflict thus far. She sees Rick and his crew as someone who can protect the rest of them when conflict inevitably comes (I'm betting the 3 men she exiled are not dead but will come back with help in an effort to take the place). We have not met a lot of the folks who live in Alexandria, but if Aiden and Nicholas are two of the best fighters, then the people in this place are not very badass. I cracked up at Aiden attempting to sucker punch Glenn and getting flattened instead.

I won't be even remotely surprised if Daryl leaves the community to live on his own in the wild for a little while. Eventually, he will decide to come back, probably at an opportune moment when his skills as a fighter are really needed.

Mysteries that need to be addressed soon:
    • Who took Rick's gun and how could anyone outside our group know he hid it there?
    • Who beheaded all those people from Noah's home town and then put their heads in the truck a couple episodes ago?
    • What was up with the thinly veiled anger when Pete (Jessie's husband) was talking to Rick? Was that jealousy or something else?
    • Where is Enid, the teen girl, going when she leaves Alexandria? Could she be tied to some people who want to take over Alexandria?
    • Was there a reason Carol chose to invent a new persona for herself and lie about her pre-Zombie life?
    • How long will it take for Rick to become the leader of Alexandria? I'll put the over-under at 2 more episodes. And will he become leader by force or from Deanna asking him?

I truly think the best moments on The Walking Dead have come when our group feels safe and are not constantly dealing with Walkers all the time. I am happy they have found a new home and am eager to see how everyone is impacted once they take a shower (I'm talking to you, Daryl!).

-Jason "in contrast with the image of the Alexandria folks as being incompetent fighters is Aaron tracking our group for a long time before recruiting them to come to Alexandria" Evans