Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1080
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Impaled on a piece of rebar after his horse gets spooked... sorry, but I don't really buy it. Lame lame lame.

He will pull himself off of the rebar and wander around for a while, slowly bleeding to death. I am guessing large parts of what we see next episode will be hallucinations, which is a giant waste of time for the audience. I predict his final act will take out a ton of threatening walkers or something "heroic" like that. He will likely die in Michonne's arms.

Sigh... I know the consensus is that this season has gotten better, but I'm coming close to checking out.
    This horse that got spooked earlier that day was just standing there, riderless, as a horde was coming toward it...and what in hades would a pile of rubble being doing on the side of a dirt road? It wasn't even there to do anything. It wasn't a wall. It wasn't a destroyed building. It was just a pile of rubble for Rick to fall on.

This is even worse than Glen hiding under the dumpster.

Impaled on a piece of rebar after his horse gets spooked... sorry, but I don't really buy it. Lame lame lame.

He will pull himself off of the rebar and wander around for a while, slowly bleeding to death. I am guessing large parts of what we see next episode will be hallucinations, which is a giant waste of time for the audience. I predict his final act will take out a ton of threatening walkers or something "heroic" like that. He will likely die in Michonne's arms.

Sigh... I know the consensus is that this season has gotten better, but I'm coming close to checking out.
    Your prediction is close to mine.

I can’t see him really pulling himself off the rebar, and I agree the death episode is going to be a lot of hallucinations.

He got to say goodbye to Carol, and make his peace with Daryl. Not sure he gets a goodbye with Michonne.

The closest part of a cliffhanger here is if Rick is consumed by the walker horde, how long will they search for him, and if they find any identifiable remains if they will play the “oh, Rick is on his way to the Kingdom, Hilltop,...” charade to have the legend of Rick as the head of the communities play out for a while.

Only other cliffhanger is if Maggie kills Negan.

Supposedly Rick’s end spawns new storylines. I’m skeptical, and no sign of the Whisperers yet from the season preview.

I may give it the rest of the season to hold my interest.

I’m not sure how they are thinking they have another ten years of TV storylines, but then I never thought the Simpsons would be the longest running show in TV history, either.

On a related note, I find it interesting that the new executive producer is soaking up the Talking Dead spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I can’t see him really pulling himself off the rebar, and I agree the death episode is going to be a lot of hallucinations.
    Want to really stick up your middle finger at the audience, show him pulling himself off the rebar and eventually getting back to Michonne... and just as he is about to kiss her, cut back to the rebar and show his face being consumed by walkers. In other words, the entire episode is The Walking Dead's version of An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Ok, I admit I took the bait on all the hype building up to Rick Grimes last episode.

I can’t figure out yet if I am ok with the bait and switch, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Ok, I admit I took the bait on all the hype building up to Rick Grimes last episode.

I can’t figure out yet if I am ok with the bait and switch, or not.
    A few thoughts:

1) I'm ok with the bait and switch...it's kinda like a soap opera anyways and the rule is always you aren't dead until your dead and your body is identified, and all known identical twins are dead and in the case of TWD, your dead dead, not just dead. I'm just glad they didn't leave it as a cliff hanger there.

2) I do have more issues with how it was done.
    a) That danged horse - So it was a four way intersection where the horse spooked. WTH? It would just run one of the other two ways.
    b) speaking of that danged horse, how many times did it just stand their patiently waiting for the horde to eat it if Rick didn't encourage it to move? Is it skitish, or does it not care?
    c) more on the horse. Seriously it spends most of the episode calmly in close proximity to the horde but only spooks when it's convenient to the plot.
    d) that horse was the worst plot device ever. ok, enough on the horse
    ----------
    e) Anyone that has lost that much blood is not still walking around.
    f) Rick is fully on the ground side of the bridge. Physics does not allow him to get knocked forward into an explosion to go into the water. Nor does it allow him to be that close to the explosion remain aware enough to stay afloat and survive to get to the river bank alive...not as fast as that water was flowing.

I know that the story has never been all that realistic, but it just seems like there is no one with the writers asking "will anyone actually believe this and are we making it so far fetched that we are ruining the moment".

I really liked Neagan's death scene. A highlight of the season.

My wife kept on yelling at the horse throughout the episode. Worst horse ever. Worst horse moment was when Rick escapes out of the back of the abandoned cabin and the horse is waiting there for him. He left the horse out front; a hoard of Walkers come in through the front; Rick breaks through the wall in the back; horse is now waiting for him out back. Puuh-lease!!!

While bringing back key actors from the past was sorta nice, the scenes were pretty darn meaningless. It was just Rick muttering about finding his family while the dead character babbled before saying "wake up!" Whatever. I was viscerally mad that they brought back Sonequa Martin-Green's Sasha to talk to Rick. Really?!? She's one of the three people he would see on the day he is dying? What about Carl? What about Lori? Are you telling me that Chandler Riggs and Sarah Callies are too busy with other stuff in their career to show up for a couple hours of filming on TWD? Just silly.

I did love the conversation with Jon Bernthal's Shane. When he asked about his daughter and Rick mentioned "at least she didn't get your nose" I cracked up. That was great. The rest of the flashbacks were meh.

All that said, I like the idea movies that will tell stories from elsewhere in TWD universe. I think it really gives the creative folks room to craft some fun stories. Putting Rick in some of those films gives them more heft and meaning to the audience. Obviously, Pollyanna McIntosh's Jadis/Anne will be in them too. And I'm willing to bet they bring Rick back to the main show in a couple years when ratings sag and they feel they need a boost.

Lastly, I like the time jump. That way we do not have to deal with 2 or 3 episodes of everyone crying about missing Rick. Judith looked like she was 10 years old. The actress playing her, Cailey Flemming, is 11. I wonder how much of a time jump they will say this is... feels like 6 or 7 years at least.

-Jason "in reality (ha!) the walkers would be dying out from all the flesh decaying off their bodies at this point... but that's not going to happen" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

As someone that stopped watching after Coral was offed (after reading the comics and being invested in his role in the next wave of story lines, I just had no faith that the writers could come up with something worth watching), I reluctantly tuned in to see Rick off, as I'm sure they were hoping everyone like me ultimately would...

- Loved the Shane scene. Buddy buddy, then s9ft talking about knocking up your buddy's wife(!) and having him raise your daughter(!!), ultimately as a "hey, get that rage fire burning and don't go out like this."
    - Can't believe they didn't have Coral and/or Glen in a dream sequence. Glen calling him a dumbass and telling him to wake up > anything else they went with.
    - Maggie and Negan was well-acted but thematically meh; if he really wanted to die he could have attacked her and forced her hand.
    - Man, they really used up their deus ex quota in this episode... Horse (multiple times), zombie pacing, dynamite, questionable physics, helicopter, etc.
    - Happy he's not dead, but I reeeeeeeally don't think the Rick we know wouldn't fight tooth and nail to get back to Michonne and Judith over the course of the several year time jump. The mini-movie writers have their work cut out for them to explain that... Luckily one of the strengths of this series is the writing and consistent character motivations
    - A group of 5-6 people surviving for a decade in the zombie apocalypse, only to need saving by a child is pretty funny. Thank goodness they were good guys instead of rushing her and taking her gun.
    - Pumped for BA Judith, if only for her to take over the mantle of Coral from the comics. Surrogate papa Negan is going to be fun to watch as he turns a new leaf, assuming they follow the comics with his storyline.
    - I'm all in on Legolas Carol.

I'll be tuning in next week, so at the end of the day it looks like they succeeded and sucked me back in.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    - Happy he's not dead, but I reeeeeeeally don't think the Rick we know wouldn't fight tooth and nail to get back to Michonne and Judith over the course of the several year time jump.
    My thoughts exactly. The mysterious helicopter people must have something compelling going on. Let's hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    My thoughts exactly. The mysterious helicopter people must have something compelling going on. Let's hope so.
    Rereading my double negative made my eyes bleed. My apologies to everyone involved!

So, get this... apparently the most recent episode was also the end of the line for Maggie. I had heard that Lauren Cohan was leaving the show (she has a new show on ABC in which she is starring) but thought they would do something to explain it. Instead, part of the time jump will be that Maggie is just gone. Are you kidding me?!?!

"That's the last of her for this season," showrunner Angela Kang confirms, speaking with The Hollywood Reporter about Cohan's work in season nine. AMC programming president David Madden verifies the news, adding: "I would hope it's not the last you'll see of her for the show, but she is not in any immediately forthcoming episodes."
    How difficult would it have been for them to give us a scene of her leaving after confronting Negan? Something where she says to Jesus, "I won't kill him, but I can't live here with him any more." You could have her regret her decision to unilaterally kill Gregory and say Hilltop needs a leader with more moral authority. I dunno... there are a million ways they could have done it. She's been at the heart of the show since season 2 and now she is just gone with no explanation to viewers. Ugh... really bad move.

-Jason "TWD wants us to hate them, don't they?" Evans

So, get this... apparently the most recent episode was also the end of the line for Maggie. I had heard that Lauren Cohan was leaving the show (she has a new show on ABC in which she is starring) but thought they would do something to explain it. Instead, part of the time jump will be that Maggie is just gone. Are you kidding me?!?!

How difficult would it have been for them to give us a scene of her leaving after confronting Negan? Something where she says to Jesus, "I won't kill him, but I can't live here with him any more." You could have her regret her decision to unilaterally kill Gregory and say Hilltop needs a leader with more moral authority. I dunno... there are a million ways they could have done it. She's been at the heart of the show since season 2 and now she is just gone with no explanation to viewers. Ugh... really bad move.

Yes, yes they do. I was assuming that little Glen Jr. and Asskicker Grimes would have budding relationship akin to Coral and Sophia in the comics, but if Maggie is gone I'm assuming her son would go with her?

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Could've had the helicopter people pick her up while walking back to Hilltop. They still wanted an "A" right? Just kidding - sort of - but this is strange. They needed to shake things up, but this set up seems like a HUGE gamble. May the new future be fascinating (Old Fashioned held up in the air).

Could've had the helicopter people pick her up while walking back to Hilltop. They still wanted an "A" right? Just kidding - sort of - but this is strange. They needed to shake things up, but this set up seems like a HUGE gamble. May the new future be fascinating (Old Fashioned held up in the air).
    I think the time jump is an indication that the current story arc had run its course and they were out of compelling ideas. What more could they do?
    - Bring Negan back for another run with the saviors? Already did that with the Governor.
    - Start another all out war? With whom? No one on the Savior side is particularly compelling. A civil war style storyline that pits Maggie/Hilltop against Rick/Alexandria could have worked, but it would go contrary to Rick's whole m.o.
    - Zombie herd? Been there, done that.
    - Whisperers/Wolves? Possibly, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the angle they went with.

In addition, I think the move allows them to refresh the cast with cheaper actors than the established characters, thus keeping the cost of the show down. I do think it's a risk, and it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Those still watching will give it some time, but it will have to be quickly compelling in a way that FEAR was not.

I do think letting Maggie go without an explanation is a cop out, and I wish they'd had the courage to let Maggie or Rick die. What made the show great in the beginning was that no one was safe and key characters got offed on a weekly basis. They got away from that by trying to get as much distance as possible out of their deaths (e.g. Carl, Sasha, Senator, Tyrone, Beth, Glenn), and the only real surprise death to a key character as of late was Abraham. So people know that the leads are safe, and as such the threats become more cartoonish.
    "There can BE only one."

So it looks like the Whisperers have arrived. Maggie went to another settlement far away? Huh? I guess they are leaving the door open for a possible return in a future season. Daryl has been living in the woods by himself for the past six years? Okay, that seems extreme. It's a good thing Maggie did not execute Earl the blacksmith because that mechanical arm on Aaron is astonishingly well crafted. Perhaps they got it from a suit of armor and converted it. It feels like the three main communities have drifted apart a bit. I would have expected the opposite. Maybe this new threat will change that.

Jesus!!! The Whisperers HAVE arrived, and Negan has escaped. Anyone still watching or is it too little too late? I am intrigued by the new possibilities. It looks like the horror has come back.

Jesus!!! The Whisperers HAVE arrived, and Negan has escaped. Anyone still watching or is it too little too late? I am intrigued by the new possibilities. It looks like the horror has come back.
    I definitely didn't see that coming.

I'm a bit disappointed in the reveal of the whisperers. Not having been a comice fan, I knew nothing of them other than the name. I was really hoping for an actual zombie evolution and real thread and not more sick depraved human bad people.

That said, easily the best episode in a long time.

Agreed that it was the best episode in a while; the fog and the vulnerability of the group was something they haven't shown in a while... That being said, this is TWD and it's impossible at this point to not pick nits:

- Henry as the new Koral is already wearing thin IMO. The whole reason the storyline worked in the comics was because of the "Grimes" factor and his trying to find his place in the world and living up to his dad's name... Now we just have another moody teen without the backstory.
    - It was frustrating to watch three seasoned tracker/outdoorsmen being loud, leaving horses, and flinging their flashlights around as they are trying to not attract attention, plus two fit dudes not be able hoist Eugene's butt over that wall or be smart enough to stand at that hole in the wall and kill the first handful to block it up... If that's an injured Rosita with either Jesus or Aaron, MAYBE, but Darryl/Aaron/Jesus is pretty stacked squad.
    - Someone flipping around and overextending themselves into a group of walkers rather than working together as a team... buuuuuut at the same time I guess it was necessary to set up a solid "OH SH9fT" moment that the show has been lacking for a long time.

While I enjoyed the reveal of the Whisperers and loved the Whisper/Walker ducking as Jesus swung his sword, one thing is really bugging me -- the rift between Alexandria and the Hilltop (and perhaps The Kingdom as well?). I am certain that just as the Whisperers story starts getting really good in the back half of this season, we will take a 1-2 episode sidebar to explore the past that drove a wedge between these communities. I predict that this wedge will feel forced and no one will react in a genuine way to it. Sigh... I can see this coming 50 miles away.

I also wish they had kept us in the dark about the nature of the Whisperers for a little while longer. Let the notion of "smart/evolving/unpredictable/talking" Walkers linger for a few episodes. Don't just have one Walker dodge and kill Jesus and then immediately reveal him as a human wearing a Walker mask. Sigh... the comic books are ruining all the surprises.

As one that was getting close to departing from watching the show, the 6 year skip ahead is something I've enjoyed. The Whisperers make a formidable foe in that it changes the rules of the game in a lot of ways. I even enjoyed the Negan/Judith back and forth last night.

Excited to see where this season goes. Curious if others feel the same way or if perhaps the show is too far gone for others.

Quote Originally Posted by riverside6 View Post
    As one that was getting close to departing from watching the show, the 6 year skip ahead is something I've enjoyed. The Whisperers make a formidable foe in that it changes the rules of the game in a lot of ways. I even enjoyed the Negan/Judith back and forth last night.

Excited to see where this season goes. Curious if others feel the same way or if perhaps the show is too far gone for others.
    I'm still watching, but had no idea it was on last night. That shows my level of care. Will watch now that I know, but the tingly feeling I used to get is gone.