I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Santa Clarita Diet

Is anyone watching this on Netflix? It is in season two now, and if you are looking for something to fill the void now that so many shows will be ending I highly recommend this one. Even though it is in season two, I will not say much yet because I went into it blind and quickly went from wtf to holy mackerel this is funny. It stars Drew Barrymore and Tim Olyphant as a married couple who are realtors. One of them goes through a startling and horrific change, but the other is wholeheartedly supportive. If you have not seen it, give a whirl. I am only holding back spoilers because I enjoyed being surprised and I did not want to reveal too much in the opening post for those who might begin watching. For those that have, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Is anyone watching this on Netflix? It is in season two now, and if you are looking for something to fill the void now that so many shows will be ending I highly recommend this one. Even though it is in season two, I will not say much yet because I went into it blind and quickly went from wtf to holy mackerel this is funny. It stars Drew Barrymore and Tim Olyphant as a married couple who are realtors. One of them goes through a startling and horrific change, but the other is wholeheartedly supportive. If you have not seen it, give a whirl. I am only holding back spoilers because I enjoyed being surprised and I did not want to reveal too much in the opening post for those who might begin watching. For those that have, what do you think?
    My wife and I flippin love this show. Super dark and odd, but it gets us laughing.

Yeah, it’s great. Such an enjoyable show that’s easy to watch.

I watched the first season and couldn’t decide if I loved it or hated it. Walton Goggins and Timothy Olyphant both chose to go in an off-beat direction following Justified.

"Super dark and odd but it keeps us laughing" is a perfect descriptor, IMO.

Watched the first two episodes last night. I enjoyed it because it is so different. My wife watched 1.5 episodes before saying, "I'm over this show", grabbed a blanket and went to sleep on the couch beside me. The 2 glasses of wine may have had an impact on her decision. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Watched the first two episodes last night. I enjoyed it because it is so different. My wife watched 1.5 episodes before saying, "I'm over this show", grabbed a blanket and went to sleep on the couch beside me. The 2 glasses of wine may have had an impact on her decision. ��
    I think I got halfway through the first season before tiring of it. No wine necessary. Make some room on the couch for me.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Not a show to watch while eating dinner. That is for certain.

I thought the actors all settled in to their roles with better comedic timing in season 2. Or possibly I just got more used to the quirkiness.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I thought the actors all settled in to their roles with better comedic timing in season 2. Or possibly I just got more used to the quirkiness.
    Well, they are real-ah-tors so.... (note, that's a crack at how they say they are into something because of their profession)

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Season 3 dropped on Netflix Friday. Sadly, we have already watched all 10 episodes. Love this quirky show and hope there is a 4th and 5th season to go! The dialog is subtly hilarious because of the calm delivery in what should be chaotic situations. I find it very well written and performed. The actors are obviously enjoying it. I would love to see outtakes.