Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    Why would Marie be spray painting walls in her sister's abandoned house?
    Do we know it was spraypainted before or after it was abandoned?

Also, I'm asking because I don't know...how many people know the significance behind the name Heisenberg?

I'm guessing Marie will blow a gasket when she recognizes Walt got away with murder.

Marie has always looked like she was capable of having a major meltdown.

Why would Marie be spray painting walls in her sister's abandoned house?
    Because [ ] Walt, that's why.

If it turns out to be someone we know, maybe Badger and Skinny Pete?

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Because [ ] Walt, that's why.

If it turns out to be someone we know, maybe Badger and Skinny Pete?
    One story line we can't ignore is that Badger hasn't gotten his Star Trek credit yet. Just another loose end Gilligan has to tie up

There appears to be this internet meme/theory out there that we aren't done with Gray Matter yet -- perhaps a Madrigal company? It's highly doubtful, but if true, I'll be rather impressed with those that have been hanging onto that thread.

Then there's this:

E60ZhXV.jpg

Does that mean Walt is gonna get blown up, too?

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHawk View Post
    I think it's just as likely that Todd forces Jesse to help him reliably get his stuff up from 70~% to 96% (or whatever). Once that has been accomplished, no more need for Jesse.
    Every good cook keeps some part of a recipe to themselves. Jesse will buy time.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    I don't think Walt means to kill Jesse. I think he means to eventually free him from the Nazis (wow, this show sure has changed, hasn't it).
    This makes no sense at at all. Not only does Walt loathe Jesse, he already hired the aryans to kill him and reaffirmed it in the desert. What do you think would change Walt's extreme detestation for Jesse?

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Was Jesse paying attention when Mr. White taught him how to do the phosphine gas trick that knocked out Emilio and Krazy 8? Uncle Jack doesn't like to wear gas masks...
    Don't forget the picture of Brock and Andrea pinned up in the lab. Jesse knows Todd is capable of killing a child.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    There appears to be this internet meme/theory out there that we aren't done with Gray Matter yet -- perhaps a Madrigal company? It's highly doubtful, but if true, I'll be rather impressed with those that have been hanging onto that thread.
    I have heard, but do not know for sure, that the actress who plays Gretchen was signed to reprise her role for this season. I dunno if that means a Gray Matter return, a flashback or what, but...

Incidentally I re-watched the pilot last night, inspired by the flashback on Sunday's ep. It is really striking how far the show has come. It's not just that the plot has taken the characters to different places than where they started. It feels like an entirely different show. Hank & Marie, for example, are both complete caricatures in the pilot, and you can tell that Cranston was playing Walt completely differently than the way he does today.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Todd only needs Jesse for a few more cooks until Todd can master the process (he's not dumb), and I don't think Uncle Jack is going to allow this loose end to live for much longer. Jesse is either going to have to plot an escape, commit suicide, or be killed. This upcoming episode is going to be Jesse-heavy, imo. One of those things is going to happen, and it could very well be Jesse's swan song.

Was Jesse paying attention when Mr. White taught him how to do the phosphine gas trick that knocked out Emilio and Krazy 8? Uncle Jack doesn't like to wear gas masks...
    I'd point out that Todd's already had many, many cooks under the master and he still doesn't get it. I'm not sure a couple cooks with Jesse will bring any particular insight. I also think it'd be a stretch for Jesse to have learned/mastered the phosphine trick in one under-the-gun event from Walt.

But I think your prediction that the next episode will be Jesse-heavy is probably correct. Since the Aryans are going to be The Big Bad for this half season, the show needs to establish a lot more about them, and they've got to do it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    I'd point out that Todd's already had many, many cooks under the master and he still doesn't get it. I'm not sure a couple cooks with Jesse will bring any particular insight. I also think it'd be a stretch for Jesse to have learned/mastered the phosphine trick in one under-the-gun event from Walt.

But I think your prediction that the next episode will be Jesse-heavy is probably correct. Since the Aryans are going to be The Big Bad for this half season, the show needs to establish a lot more about them, and they've got to do it quickly.
    I'm sure Walt learned a valuable lessone cooking for Gus with Gail: don't teach the assistant everything. Jesse won't feel similarly inhibited, with the constant threat of violence to Brock hanging over his head.

Last episode 'Ozymandias' currently rated perfect 10 on imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2301451/

Quite possible that has never happened before.

The events within that episode were gutwrenching, but on the higher plane of being a fan of the show and wanting it to end well, I'm actually feeling pretty serene right now. I'm no longer in "I hope they don't blow it" mode, which is great. And while I was only in that mode by default -- you kinda have to be with any show you really like, right? -- and not out of lack of confidence in the writers, the edge is off now. Since 'Ozymandias' could function very well as a series finale itself, I don't need the final two episodes to be spectacular. At the same time, I'm now fully confident that they will be. The writers and actors and directors have just performed so beautifully through 60 episodes of this show, that I can finally say "I can't imagine the last two episodes won't be great." Maybe some fans of the show reached that point sooner than me, but I'm there now and it's a good feeling.

I would compare it to being a fan of a team that is in the Final Four, already won the national championship the previous season, and play so well together that you're confident they will win the last two games as well.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    The events within that episode were gutwrenching, but on the higher plane of being a fan of the show and wanting it to end well, I'm actually feeling pretty serene right now. I'm no longer in "I hope they don't blow it" mode, which is great. And while I was only in that mode by default -- you kinda have to be with any show you really like, right? -- and not out of lack of confidence in the writers, the edge is off now. Since 'Ozymandias' could function very well as a series finale itself, I don't need the final two episodes to be spectacular. At the same time, I'm now fully confident that they will be. The writers and actors and directors have just performed so beautifully through 60 episodes of this show, that I can finally say "I can't imagine the last two episodes won't be great." Maybe some fans of the show reached that point sooner than me, but I'm there now and it's a good feeling.

I would compare it to being a fan of a team that is in the Final Four, already won the national championship the previous season, and play so well together that you're confident they will win the last two games as well.
    With a bit of tinkering, the episode absolutely could have been the end of the show, although there are a few bits that need to be cleared up. Watching Walt ride off in that minivan, leaving his life behind, felt final in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    My next (soon to be wrong) prediction is that Walt comes out of hiding in New Hampshire because of blue meth. The episode with the Mexican cartel demonstrated that Jesse learned enough to make meth nearly as good as Walt-- certainly enough to get the purity and color people expect and that Lydia is desperate for (as the Czech mob gets increasingly annoyed).

When that blue stuff turns up, Walt's going to know that Todd's people have betrayed him by not killing Jesse. That triggers him to come back-- but to do what? Kill Jesse, kill the Aryans, kill both? Free Jesse?

I assume the Feds will confiscate the car wash from Skyler, possibly the house (turning it into the shell we see in the flash forwards). That puts pressure on Walt as well.

I still don't know who the ricin is for. My guess is Lydia. At least today.
    I also have guessed that the re-emergence of the blue meth is what pulls Walt back to New Mexico, that he can't take someone else making his product.

As for the 'Heisenberg' spray paint, I assume that baby Holly's kidnapping resulted in some kind of "Amber Alert" which throws Walt on the local and regional news. Many people at the local DEA knew the name 'Heisenberg' so, assuming Marie/Skylar tell the cops the full story, the full 'Heisenberg' story will also hit the news and the spray paint, therefore, was probably done by one of those skaters.

As Jesse is being pulled out of his underground lair by Todd, he begs him to leave him alone saying that the confessional DVD is at Hank's house and that's likely the only copy. One has to assume that the Nazis are going to try and get their hands on that DVD, and one has to wonder if Marie will be home when they do...

I see the endgame as, somehow, Walt v. Jesse, and I see them both winding up dead. In the flashback scene of him going back to his house for the poison, Walt looks like he's already been through a war. We'll soon find out.

(As an aside - I binge watched all but the last 2 episodes during the month of August to catch up for the end. It was a glorious way to experience the show, even though avoiding spoilers was very difficult.)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    As for the 'Heisenberg' spray paint, I assume that baby Holly's kidnapping resulted in some kind of "Amber Alert" which throws Walt on the local and regional news. Many people at the local DEA knew the name 'Heisenberg' so, assuming Marie/Skylar tell the cops the full story, the full 'Heisenberg' story will also hit the news and the spray paint, therefore, was probably done by one of those skaters.
    I think you are right here, I sorta came to same conclusion myself. It will be a small shame, because that looked to be a really interesting possible plot point. Oh well, it's not like I'm going to kick the show out of bed for it.

Yeah, there's a pretty good chance Heisenberg's story goes public in this upcoming episode, especially since Charlie Rose will appear. Although it'd be great if he got to play some random character Walt meets in NH, for example.

I don't know who's gonna spray paint "Heisenberg" in Walter White's house, but -- with absolutely no inside information -- I am ready to make a call as to who it is that kills Walter White:

Jane's father.

Anybody with me?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I don't know who's gonna spray paint "Heisenberg" in Walter White's house, but -- with absolutely no inside information -- I am ready to make a call as to who it is that kills Walter White:

Jane's father.

Anybody with me?
    Assuming there was no legal fallout (rim shot!) from the plane crash he caused, I think Jane's father liquidated his ABQ real estate holdings and started fresh somewhere else. No way that dude stuck around a town where everyone could instantly ID him as the plan crash air traffic controller.

Maybe Walt's killer will be the missing Russian from the "Pine Barrens" episode of "The Sopranos"? Everyone kept waiting for that dude to come back.

I think Walt is going to kill himself.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post

Jane's father.

Anybody with me?
    Nah - the only way he would learn of Walt's role in Jane's death is if Jesse told him - and Jesse's a little busy.

At this point I'm not sure I'd recognize that dude if he showed up again.

If Walt does die, I expect Jesse to be the one who kills him.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Nah - the only way he would learn of Walt's role in Jane's death is if Jesse told him - and Jesse's a little busy.

At this point I'm not sure I'd recognize that dude if he showed up again.

If Walt does die, I expect Jesse to be the one who kills him.
    I'm guessing you are not a Star Trek fan.