Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    It seems pretty clear after last night that Todd's uncle reneges completely on the deal to kill Jesse so he can cook indefinitely, and consequently, Walt's big gun revenge is about getting to Jesse to finish the job. It's perhaps less clear how the ricin will be used, but I now think it is meant for Jesse to die painfully. In Walt's mind, Jesse betrayed him and is ultimately responsible for Hank's death and the destruction of Walt's family, consequences of his actions for which there should be no mercy.

Whether or not Walt succeeds is another matter.
    I think it's just as likely that Todd forces Jesse to help him reliably get his stuff up from 70~% to 96% (or whatever). Once that has been accomplished, no more need for Jesse.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    I don't think Walt means to kill Jesse. I think he means to eventually free him from the Nazis (wow, this show sure has changed, hasn't it).

So the police know about Walt's line of business now. How does 'Heisenberg' get painted on the wall of the house? Perhaps somebody else is out to get him?

We have less than 100 minutes left and I feel like there is much to be resolved. This thing is coming to an end the way a car gets launched off a skyscraper.

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    I
    I wonder about Walt's "conversation" with Skyler with the police listening in. Walt was clearly assuming the police were listening because he immediately destroyed his phone after the call. Sure, he went into megalomaniac mode, but he also put all the crimes on himself, making Skyler out to be his largely unwilling accomplice who betrayed him, potentially getting her off the hook and/or minimizing her role. He made no attempt at all to explain what really went down with Hank. I could have sworn I saw something in her expression that didn't seem quite in sync with what Walt was saying to her.

Of course, more than likely I'm reading too much into it.
    Nah, you nailed it. Walt was trying to get Skyler off the hook. Her expression was one of recognizing what Walt was attempting to do. Brilliantly acted scene by both. This episode can be submitted for the 2014 Emmys for both Anna Gunn and Bryan Cranston. And heck, for RJ Mitte (Walt Jr) and Baby Holly as well. The Whites knocked this episode out of the park. Great, great family drama in this episode. Gutwrenching.

Poor Jesse. I can't see him lasting 8 more months as a slave (til Walt's 52nd birthday in the Denny's when he buys the machine gun). Walt is not coming back for Jesse in 8 months, imo.

Todd only needs Jesse for a few more cooks until Todd can master the process (he's not dumb), and I don't think Uncle Jack is going to allow this loose end to live for much longer. Jesse is either going to have to plot an escape, commit suicide, or be killed. This upcoming episode is going to be Jesse-heavy, imo. One of those things is going to happen, and it could very well be Jesse's swan song.

Was Jesse paying attention when Mr. White taught him how to do the phosphine gas trick that knocked out Emilio and Krazy 8? Uncle Jack doesn't like to wear gas masks...

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Poor Jesse. I can't see him lasting 8 more months as a slave (til Walt's 52nd birthday in the Denny's when he buys the machine gun). Walt is not coming back for Jesse in 8 months, imo.

Todd only needs Jesse for a few more cooks until Todd can master the process (he's not dumb), and I don't think Uncle Jack is going to allow this loose end to live for much longer. Jesse is either going to have to plot an escape, commit suicide, or be killed. This upcoming episode is going to be Jesse-heavy, imo. One of those things is going to happen, and it could very well be Jesse's swan song.

Was Jesse paying attention when Mr. White taught him how to do the phosphine gas trick that knocked out Emilio and Krazy 8? Uncle Jack doesn't like to wear gas masks...
    Perhaps Jesse does know some tricks, escapes, and meets up with Mr. Lambert where they tag-team a final showdown with Aryan Nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    I don't think Walt means to kill Jesse. I think he means to eventually free him from the Nazis (wow, this show sure has changed, hasn't it).
    I don't think Walt would pee on Jesse if Jesse was on fire, and the feeling is mutual. If there's a beyond-repair relationship on this show, it's that one. Far more likely IMO that Walt somehow learns that Jesse is still alive and comes back to eliminate him.

Somehow the White house becomes a crime scene. Technically I guess it already is, as numerous crimes have taken place there, but there's something still to come that leads to the police cordoning it off, the insides being gutted etc.

Last night's episode was amazing but durn I felt like I needed to throw up, and then cry for a long time, when it was over. I am not usually someone who gets overly emotional about entertainment but this show is like a roller coaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    So the police know about Walt's line of business now.
    Well, Hank and Gomie did, but they're dead. No other law enforcement knows about him at all. Of course, that'll change once Marie tells them. If she gets the chance . . .

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Well, Hank and Gomie did, but they're dead. No other law enforcement knows about him at all. Of course, that'll change once Marie tells them. If she gets the chance . . .
    Pretty sure the houseful of cops who listened in on his phone call with Skyler know...

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    It's actually closer to two months than eight - Holly is stated as being 18 months in the last episode, and she was born late in season 2, about a couple of months after Walt's 50th birthday. Could Todd keep Jesse around for 6-8 weeks? Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Pretty sure the houseful of cops who listened in on his phone call with Skyler know...
    Right, I think the cops know, although Walt was bluntly vague on the phone. He admitted to his 'work' and to certain people who were involved, but never gave any real details. If the DVD resurfaces at some point, the only person alive who would deny it would be Marie, so that could play a role.

I haven't ever spent so much time watching a show or movie with my mouth wide open as I did last night.

Well yeah, they know what Skyler -- his co-conspirator and money launderer -- tells them. And did she tell them anything other than that he had abducted Holly? In his clearly orchestrated speech on the phone, did he admit to any crimes, or did he just berate her for never listening to him and never believing in him and indicate that she didn't know anything about what he had done for the family? He made references to "what I do" and "how I make my money" and he threatened her that if she didn't "toe the line" that she'd end up like Hank, but unless I'm mistaken, I don't think he admitted that he killed Hank, at least not in so many words. He did say that Hank had crossed him, but that's not an admission that he killed him. So again, other than what Skyler tells them, I'm not sure what law enforcement has in terms of the big picture of his drug empire, all the murders, etc. The remaining cops have no idea of what Hank had done to (belatedly) put together the pieces of the whole puzzle together with, you know, real evidence as opposed o just the words of a co-conspirator.

- Walt was definitely absolving Skyler for the police, but I'm not sure I'm on board with Skyler getting that's what he was doing. I could get there, though.

- Todd likes Lydia. I am guessing his uncle's crew doesn't want to deal with meth any more (~$70MM reasons). But I get the feeling Todd's decision with Jesse was a unilateral one so that he can help Lydia. Even though he's a sociopath, he likes to help people. He's one of the strangest bad guys I've ever seen on TV. Like the anti-Eddie Haskell.

- Ricin <> suicide. Ricin would be a slow death.

- Still wondering who sprays Heisenberg on the White's wall.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    - Walt was definitely absolving Skyler for the police, but I'm not sure I'm on board with Skyler getting that's what he was doing. I could get there, though.
    She definitely figured out what he was up to as the call progressed. You can see her demeanor change pretty drastically. It took me awhile to catch onto what he was doing too. At first it just sounded like he'd completely snapped and was ranting insanely.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Well yeah, they know what Skyler -- his co-conspirator and money launderer -- tells them. And did she tell them anything other than that he had abducted Holly? In his clearly orchestrated speech on the phone, did he admit to any crimes, or did he just berate her for never listening to him and never believing in him and indicate that she didn't know anything about what he had done for the family? He made references to "what I do" and "how I make my money" and he threatened her that if she didn't "toe the line" that she'd end up like Hank, but unless I'm mistaken, I don't think he admitted that he killed Hank, at least not in so many words. He did say that Hank had crossed him, but that's not an admission that he killed him. So again, other than what Skyler tells them, I'm not sure what law enforcement has in terms of the big picture of his drug empire, all the murders, etc. The remaining cops have no idea of what Hank had done to (belatedly) put together the pieces of the whole puzzle together with, you know, real evidence as opposed o just the words of a co-conspirator.
    He said something like "You'll never hear from Hank ever again, because he crossed me." That's a paraphrase on my part but it was something like that, certainly enough to convey to a third person that there was at least a high likelihood that Hank was dead and Walt was responsible. Disappearing a DEA Agent + references to making $ illegally should be enough for the cops to figure out what he meant, regardless of whether they could prove any of it.

Also by that point all bets were off with Skyler and certainly with Marie, so they'd probably already told the cops the broad strokes anyway.

She definitely figured out what he was up to as the call progressed. You can see her demeanor change pretty drastically. It took me awhile to catch onto what he was doing too. At first it just sounded like he'd completely snapped and was ranting insanely.
    Oh, there was definitely some petty, evil, selfish and spiteful part of Walt that meant every word. But it was *meant* to be a ruse.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Oh, there was definitely some petty, evil, selfish and spiteful part of Walt that meant every word. But it was *meant* to be a ruse.
    Agreed. It was beautifully conceived for exactly that reason.

Last night's episode was amazing but durn I felt like I needed to throw up, and then cry for a long time, when it was over. I am not usually someone who gets overly emotional about entertainment but this show is like a roller coaster.
    No doubt about it. The whole episode made me feel ill. What put me over the line was seeing Jesse begging for mercy in Todd's pit...brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    - Still wondering who sprays Heisenberg on the White's wall.
    I'm going with Marie....

It's actually closer to two months than eight - Holly is stated as being 18 months in the last episode, and she was born late in season 2, about a couple of months after Walt's 50th birthday. Could Todd keep Jesse around for 6-8 weeks? Maybe.
    Oh, you're right! I remember the cop saying she was 18 months, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together because I had been so confident in my timeline which is now smashed. I'm missing 5-6 months somewhere in my timeline (post #4 of this thread). I'm not going to be too pressed about it, but hopefully the show releases an offical timeline so I can make sense of things. But yeah, looks like we're about 2-3 months out from Walt's 52nd birthday now.

Speaking of Gretchen, I think Todd and Lydia are going to become Walt's new Elliott and Gretchen Schwartz. (Maybe Lydia will even fall for Todd's advances? Yuck! Hope not.) Todd is going to master Walt's process with Jesse's help, and Lydia will be happy to sell 90+% pure BLUE meth to the Czechs. Todd and Lydia are going to make lots of money together and word is going to get back to Walt, and I'm not sure he will stand for it. Not again. People profiting off of HIS research and methods. Where all of this started. Not again.

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    I'm going with Marie....
    Why would Marie be spray painting walls in her sister's abandoned house?