Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
A loose end in my mind is how Walt manages to escape NH and find the guy who sells him the M60. You don't just look it up on the internet but then I did. Nevertheless, Saul is no longer around to help and the fixer said he would sever contact if Walt left the cabin. And Walt has no apparent means to contact or find him anyway.

Walt goes back to the cabin to retrieve at least some of the money because he has a big bag of it with him when he buys the gun and changes cars. But the authorities know his proximate location and will be using all means to find him. My best guess is that he pays someone with money from the box he was going to send to drive him back to the cabin and out of the state. But getting by the dragnet seems improbable as he is in the middle of nowhere with few roads easy enough for the authorities to roadblock.
No mystery there, it's New Hamster, where everyone has a an M60 or a howitzer in the basement, or on the front porch. Walt is just doing the requisite Live Free or Die thing.
He could drive through that state with the gun on top of the car and no one would give it a second look. Then again, maybe he just took a lump of cash
down to the local Ford dealership and bought himself a nice ride back to NM.