So with the English Premier League starting this weekend I thought it would be a good time to start a new thread for the upcoming season. I'm not sure how many people on here follow the PL, but I know there are a few. I think this season is shaping up to be one of the most unpredictable and exciting in recent memory.

The Favorites

Man City- City have been picked by a large number of pundits to win the league. Mancini is gone and so is the bad air surrounding him. In steps a terrific manager of Pellegrini set to reform the team who finished second last season. They have done good work in the transfer market bringing in Navas, Fernandinho, Jovetic and Negredo, to add to an already talented squad.

Chelsea- Chelsea also face the challenge of operating under a new manager with Jose Mourinho returning to the helm. I can't think of any signings they made this summer, but they continue to chase Wayne Rooney. They bring back a very talented squad with Mata and Hazard leading the way.

Man United- Funny that all three of the favorites have all had a manager change since the end of last season. Moyes moves from Everton to replace SAF in what seems an impossible task. United have struggled this transfer window, missing out on Fabregas and Thiago, but Kagawa should be settled in his second season in Manchester and RVP returns. The Rooney saga continues to leave a dark cloud over the camp.

The Chase Pack

Arsenal- Arsenal had another classic "Arsenal" summer in the fact that they made no new signings other than a young injury-prone Frenchman. The Arsenal camp did a fantastic job of offloading deadweight and are still in the hunt to sign Suarez and Gustavo. Cazorla looks to improve on an outstanding first campaign and Wilshere has had his first injury free pre-season in a long time.

Tottenham - Spurs have done a decent job in the summer market bringing in Paulinho and Soldado, but their season hinges on the fate of Bale. If he moves to Madrid, which seems likely, they are likely in for another season of 5th-6th.

The Surprises

West Ham- Big Sam is in charge for another campaign with the Hammers and it should be an interesting one. After finishing tenth last season, they brought Carroll in on a permanent deal and he looks to help them improve. With players like, Nolan, Vaz Te, and Jarvis they could surprise a few people this year.

Southampton- I was impressed with Southampton finishing 14th last season, because I thought they would surely be relegated. The Saints have been extremely active during the summer, making improvements to their current squad. They very likely could finish on the top half of the table.

It's hard to make full predictions when the transfer window is still open, but with the current squads here is how I season unfolding.

1. City- I think Pellegrini inherits a squad with something to prove after last season.
2. Chelsea- With Torres/Ba (I think Lukaku needs one more year to be completely ready) upfront I don't think they have enough to win the title. If they land Rooney then they very well could take it all.
3. United- Moyes first season at the helm could be a rough one, especially with the Rooney drama.
4. Arsenal- If they can add Suarez/Gustavo they could challenge for a title.
5. Tottenham- If they lose Bale they could slip even more.
6. Liverpool- Finished strong last season, need to get the Suarez situation sorted.
7. West Ham- Starting to fill out a quality squad.
8. Everton- Will miss having Moyes managing.
9. Swansea- Expect another mid-table finish.
10. West Brom- will miss having Lukaku
11. Southampton
12. Fulham
13. Newcastle
14. Aston Villa
15. Stoke
16. Cardiff
17. Sunderland
18. Norwich
19. Hull City
20. Crystal Palace

I'd love to hear how everyone else thinks this season will shake out and see your predictions!