Patriots fall again…..

i think the massive success of the patriots before the cheating scandal is crystalizing now that they've had to stay clean for 10 years. I still wonder if ALL the tapes have been destroyed by Roger "Milhous" Goodell.
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Let it Go!

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i think the massive success of the patriots before the cheating scandal is crystalizing now that they've had to stay clean for 10 years. I still wonder if ALL the tapes have been destroyed by Roger "Milhous" Goodell.
    Repetitive rant. A repetitive rant is when other posters can cite your pet peeve in exquisite detail, and yet you keep repeating ad nauseum. Y'know how you get tired of hearing the same three stories from Aunt Ethel? Everyone's tired of hearing your story. Bring something new to the table.
    Enough is enough!
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Enough is enough!
    with all due respect. In light of this entire board's RELENTLESS hammering of the UNC scandal, I find it saddening that I'm asked to refrain from calling out what might be the biggest scandal in sports history.

you know what the post is about……you can simply not read it…..
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Yes, the 8 division titles, 2 super bowl appearences, and 5 championship game appearences truly prove the only way New England can be successful is by cheating.

I'm no Patriot fan but hating on them is no different than those that hate on Duke for no other reason than jealousy.

Unfortunately, in today's society, success is frequently criticized while failure is often rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    Yes, the 8 division titles, 2 super bowl appearences, and 5 championship game appearences truly prove the only way New England can be successful is by cheating.

I'm no Patriot fan but hating on them is no different than those that hate on Duke for no other reason than jealousy.

Unfortunately, in today's society, success is frequently criticized while failure is often rewarded.
    but no rings…...

I agree w/ the above - enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23
    I find it saddening that I'm asked to refrain from calling out what might be the biggest scandal in sports history.
    Seriously? Did I miss some sarcasm or is this hyperbole taken to the extreme?

Not sure why it won't let me quote, but regarding no rings...

Talk to the Bills.

Your point doesn't prove a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Not sure why it won't let me quote, but regarding no rings...

Talk to the Bills.

Your point doesn't prove a thing.
    rings or no rings, the pats have been one of the most (if not the most) successful franchises over the past 10 years. Their lack of rings has more to do with a change in philosophy than anything else. They won those rings on the strength if their defense and a ball control offense rather than the out gun approach since then. They were heading more in that direction this year but losing wilfork, mayo , Kelly, spikes and ultimately Talib set their D back . Not an excuse for yesterday as the broncos had plenty of injuries but I think that is the direction the pats need to continue to head .
    As for the thread itself, the repeated postings by the op on this topic, designed only to incite a group (albeit small) of fans is nothing but trolling. Given we all come here in support of the same team, posters should be better than that .

AFC East

Quote Originally Posted by bluebear View Post
    rings or no rings, the pats have been one of the most (if not the most) successful franchises over the past 10 years. that .
    I never hear Pats fans talking about the obvious…..The AFC East stinks… and over the last 10 years, if you throw out the Pats as they can't play themselves, the AFC East is probably the worst division in football. The Jets have managed to get to the playoffs but were never really good and sometimes quite bad and Miami and Buffalo have been remarkably putrid. So yeah the Pats have won the AFC East and even got home field advantage, when you have 4 byes built into the schedule how could you not. Other AFC divisions over the past 10 years have all been better.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebear View Post
    rings or no rings, the pats have been one of the most (if not the most) successful franchises over the past 10 years. Their lack of rings has more to do with a change in philosophy than anything else. They won those rings on the strength if their defense and a ball control offense rather than the out gun approach since then. They were heading more in that direction this year but losing wilfork, mayo , Kelly, spikes and ultimately Talib set their D back . Not an excuse for yesterday as the broncos had plenty of injuries but I think that is the direction the pats need to continue to head .
    As for the thread itself, the repeated postings by the op on this topic, designed only to incite a group (albeit small) of fans is nothing but trolling. Given we all come here in support of the same team, posters should be better than that .
    I agree, but I don't know how much of that was a conscious decision by New England, or just the way that football is trending. Franchise QBs own the league, you can't breathe on receivers, pick plays are apparently legal now, and more. There hasn't been a single rule change in the last 11-12 years that has benefited the defense, as far as I can tell. The Pats have a franchise QB, so they made the decision to give him toys at the expense of defense. They had a rough offseason last year, which produced a pretty mediocre-to-above-average team. It's a testament to how bad the AFC is that this team was one of their conference title game participants.

AFC West

Other AFC divisions over the past 10 years have all been better.
    Even with Peyton's two seasons in Denver, the AFC West has been demonstrably worse than the AFC East for a long time. Don't let the fact that there were three playoff teams from that division this year influence you.

In the last 4 years, the Jets and Mark Sanchize won 4 playoff games, in Cincinnati, San Diego, New England, and Indianapolis. Care to list the playoff wins by AFC West teams over the same time frame? The AFC West has had a much worse doormat in the Raiders than Buffalo and Miami. The Chiefs are a doormat with an occasional playoff year that is significantly aided by an easy schedule. And when the Broncos and Chargers have made the playoffs over the last 10 years, they have stunningly under-achieved once they got there (outside of this year, I guess).

I'm with Moonpie.

Plus I am very happy the Pats can't catch the Steelers in rings.
    ~rthomas