Dukies in the NFL (Pre-season)

Go Sean Renfree

In for the Falcons in pre-season, good luck!
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 08-11-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    In for the Falcons in pre-season, good luck!

Edit: Oops, name got chopped by spellcheck, Mods please correct!
    i was just about to turn it in for the night and heard his name. I was pumped.
    April 1

Saved by an off sides call on his first drive.

First and 10. Made a nice throw to the side lines rolling out of the pocket, throwing across his body, for a nice first down.

Could have converted a Third and 9 but the receiver dropped the pass...

8 minutes left. Might get another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Nashville View Post
    Saved by an off sides call on his first drive.

First and 10. Made a nice throw to the side lines rolling out of the pocket, throwing across his body, for a nice first down.

Could have converted a Third and 9 but the receiver dropped the pass...

8 minutes left. Might get another chance.
    I would think so.

Lots of good props for Cut, like to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    i was just about to turn it in for the night and heard his name. I was pumped.
    The crew is having a love fest over him...I like it. Has Duke really not had anyone drafted in 9 years? That is amazingly sad.

Glad I saw this thread. Is he going to play another series, assuming that the Falcons get the ball back?

Quote Originally Posted by matt1 View Post
    Glad I saw this thread. Is he going to play another series, assuming that the Falcons get the ball back?
    Assume so, but Falcon D pretty weak right now.

Thanks to whomever fixed my typo/spellcheck fumpah in the title!

Hopefully, he'll get some more time next week.

Go Sean!
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

Unfortunately, due to the Falcons not being able to stop the run, we did not get another chance to see Renfree play. Hopefully, he gets playing time next week.

Thaddeus Lewis is still in the league, right? Is he still with the Browns?

Thaddeus Lewis is still in the league, right? Is he still with the Browns?
    Now with the Lions. They play Friday.

Sean didn't have the greatest outing, but the Falcons as a whole had a rough night. It's just preseason. Hopefully Renfree will get some more reps in the following preseason games. Next game is Aug 15, 7:30pm at Baltimore on CBS (probably Atlanta only).

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    Now with the Lions. They play Friday.
    Not sure if this means he is #4 on the depth chart (which would likely mean he will get cut) or what but Thad did not get in the game last night for Detroit. They played Shaun Hill, Kellen Moore, and some dude named Stafford.

-Jason "I'd hope he can beat out Kellen Moore... who really sucks" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Not sure if this means he is #4 on the depth chart (which would likely mean he will get cut) or what but Thad did not get in the game last night for Detroit. They played Shaun Hill, Kellen Moore, and some dude named Stafford.

-Jason "I'd hope he can beat out Kellen Moore... who really sucks" Evans
    Jason, the boxscore shows that Lewis rushed 3 times for 6 yards. Longest run was 8. I presume he was in for the endgame series and told not to put the ball in the air.

Thad played one series and took the air out of the ball.

I was hoping he would go somewhere that would give him a chance, but it doesn't look like Detroit is that somewhere.

Conner Vernon also caught 1 pass for 7 yards for the Raiders. I hope he makes that team.

Conner Vernon also caught 1 pass for 7 yards for the Raiders. I hope he makes that team.
    I checked a couple sites and it looks like he is currently the #7 or #8 WR on the depth chart. I believe that most NFL teams carry about 5 or maybe 6 WRs, so Connor has some work to do to make the team. I know we are all rooting for him!

-Jason "Renfree has a good shot to make a paycheck with the Falcons as the #3 QB... but he's going to be on the practice squad most of the season unless he gets to be #2" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Sean got a lot ofte e tonight, looked pretty goodi thought for the most part. A few passes that kids dropped, but pretty much on the money. Hope the brass in ATL agrees.

Thad Sees Action

Thad saw action for the Lions against the Browns. 4-6 for 38 yards and an 84.0 rating,best of the Lion QBs. Link.

sagegruse

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sean got a lot ofte e tonight, looked pretty goodi thought for the most part. A few passes that kids dropped, but pretty much on the money. Hope the brass in ATL agrees.
    Well, the bad news for Sean is that Dominque Davis, who was the Falcon's #2 QB last season, had a good night. 8-10 for 98 yards and 3 rushes for 13 yards. Davis had looked pretty bad a week ago, perhaps raising the possibility that Sean had a shot at the #2 job.

I would guess that Sean is in very good shape to make the team as the #3 QB, which likely means spending the year mostly on the practice squad. But, that's ok for a rookie. He can learn about being in the NFL and perhaps really compete for the #2 job next season.

-Jason "wanna know why preseason is silly? Falcons led the Ravens 23 - 7 until the third and fourth stringers came in and the Ravens came back to win 27 - 23... but it is clear who the better team was" Evans