Latest Comments Received

I just (after being a member for almost a year) found this feature saying latest comments received (with little things about what I said). I can only see the most recent 5, and it says that there are 82. How do I see the rest? Also, how would I send one to someone else?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by matt1 View Post
    I just (after being a member for almost a year) found this feature saying latest comments received (with little things about what I said). I can only see the most recent 5, and it says that there are 82. How do I see the rest? Also, how would I send one to someone else?

Thank you!
    You send comments by clicking on the box on the bottom left of a post (supposed to be a smiling face and inverted frowny face, or something like that). Not sure how you can see older ones.

Thank you!
    Devil84 and/or -jk 'splained this a few months back (January?) when the board policy changed to making all comments, positive or negative, signed, or no longer anonymous. With the changes, we lost our ability to see the 10 most recent comments and now can only see 5. Small price to pay to see all signed comments now. Not sure we could ever go back and see all comments.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Devil84 and/or -jk 'splained this a few months back (January?) when the board policy changed to making all comments, positive or negative, signed, or no longer anonymous. With the changes, we lost our ability to see the 10 most recent comments and now can only see 5. Small price to pay to see all signed comments now. Not sure we could ever go back and see all comments.
    Just looked at the comment list, and by golly, they only show five. I didn't notice when the list of ten stopped.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Thank you!
    Are you sure it doesn't say "latest comments received (XX point(s) total)"? My guess is you have 82 points (now more since I sporked you) and that you can see the last 5 comments.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Are you sure it doesn't say "latest comments received (XX point(s) total)"? My guess is you have 82 points (now more since I sporked you) and that you can see the last 5 comments.
    Yes, good catch about the points, and thank you for sporking me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Just looked at the comment list, and by golly, they only show five. I didn't notice when the list of ten stopped.
    -jk told me that was one of the features of the new system that was implemented about mid-January this year.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

For a variety of technical reasons, the list of 10 got shortened to a list of 5 when we went to signed comments in mid-January. Unfortunately, the software doesn't provide a way to view more pages of comments, only showing the last few you have received.

The number at the top of the page represents the number of points you have earned. Comments can have positive points if the commenter approves of your post, or negative points if they disapprove. How many points? That depends...if you've got lots of reputation (lots of pitchforks), you leave more points than someone with less reputation (pitchforks).

Where do you find the comments left for you? Go to the menu at the very top of the page and select Settings to display the last five comments you have received.

A little more about comments is explained in the Welcome to DBR thread.