1. The Shane Battier VII

BASK IN THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS SIR BATTIER'S ROYAL COURT SHOES!!

IMG_20130711_001103.jpgIMAG0266_1.jpgIMG_20130711_001736.jpg

Ordered these on a whim and they just arrived. I gotta say, I'm impressed with the way these shoes look and feel. They feel very premium; not cheap at all and well worth the $109 price. I'm going to almost feel bad wearing these bad boys on a basketball court.

I ordered them from http://www.chinasportshop.com/ which to my relief is legit. I was a bit worried at first because the initial pair was lost during shipment; but the guys there were quite proactive, gave me a call without my prompting and shipped a new pair free and expedited. Overall, pleased with their service.

Gotta say these shoes might make an excellent birthday gift for a Duke fan...not something you can get easily outside of China and of considerable functional and sentimental value.

If you ordered from China then they probably aren't real.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreechTDX1847 View Post
    Or does that make them more realistic? I like the shoes and the box.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ScreechTDX1847 View Post
    I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but PEAK is a Chinese brand. I don't think these shoes are sold outside of China.

Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but PEAK is a Chinese brand. I don't think these shoes are sold outside of China.
    I didn't know that but it make sense that Battier wouldn't be that marketable in the US as far as shoes.

So he has a shoe deal with an exclusive Chinese brand? Interesting. I wonder how many other NBA athletes have something like that abroad.

My comment stems from the fact that copyright infringement is so rampant in China. I have bought several "Nike" NFL jerseys from there.

I didn't know that but it make sense that Battier wouldn't be that marketable in the US as far as shoes.

So he has a shoe deal with an exclusive Chinese brand? Interesting. I wonder how many other NBA athletes have something like that abroad.

My comment stems from the fact that copyright infringement is so rampant in China. I have bought several "Nike" NFL jerseys from there.
    Yeah, he leveraged being a teammate of Yao's on the Rockets for several years into a great endorsement with a Chinese brand. He said he's a major celebrity over there with huge billboards of himself all over. And Battier was in countless commercials as every league game had a Peak commercial (when it was the official sponsor of the NBA in China). Only Jordan, Kobe, AI, LeBron and Melo (and Battier) have made it to 7 sneakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Yeah, he leveraged being a teammate of Yao's on the Rockets for several years into a great endorsement with a Chinese brand. He said he's a major celebrity over there with huge billboards of himself all over. And Battier was in countless commercials as every league game had a Peak commercial (when it was the official sponsor of the NBA in China). Only Jordan, Kobe, AI, LeBron and Melo (and Battier) have made it to 7 sneakers.
    That's really interesting. Right place, right time I guess.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    It's still more impressive that the dude got a truck full of Bud Light unloaded in his driveway, even if that beer is best consumed at a face pace through a consumer-made hole in the side of the can.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    It's still more impressive that the dude got a truck full of Bud Light unloaded in his driveway, even if that beer is best consumed at a face pace through a consumer-made hole in the side of the can.
    So if Battier retires when his contract with the Heat expires after next season, will Bud Light be looking for a new NBA spokesman?

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    How barbaric, civilized folk always funnel their beer.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    So if Battier retires when his contract with the Heat expires after next season, will Bud Light be looking for a new NBA spokesman?
    At the very least, he's getting in shape for all the cheap beer drinking he'll be doing on the campaign trail one day.

Dwyane Wade is signed with Li-Ning, which is basically the Chinese Nike. There's talk that in his shoe contract, there's a provision that states he has to play one season in the Chinese Basketball Association after he retires from the NBA.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Denny's

After the whole thing about going to Denny's after Game 7 of the finals, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a deal from them too. Maybe it was intentional

Did the sizes line up well with what you'd expect here? I've had issues ordering from China and Korea where an "XL" there is a "medium" here for shirt sizes, and shoe sizes are a few sizes off in a similar fashion, so I wanted to double check before I pick me up an awesome new pair of shoes that I'll love too much to actually play in.
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

Pretty cool article on the whole Heat/China thing.

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/10/0...blockID=800433

16. Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevil View Post
    Did the sizes line up well with what you'd expect here? I've had issues ordering from China and Korea where an "XL" there is a "medium" here for shirt sizes, and shoe sizes are a few sizes off in a similar fashion, so I wanted to double check before I pick me up an awesome new pair of shoes that I'll love too much to actually play in.
    Oops! Just saw this post. Haven't had a chance to play with them yet but hope to do so this week. Will update again when I have!

But back on the post...

I'm ready to elect Shane senator, president, or Pope. But I'm not going to pay extra for a pair of sneakers just because he (or anyone else) endorses them. The exact same shoe without the endorsement and box graphics would cost a lot less. It's like the bamboozled masses who bought the latest Jordan sneakers. Why would you pay money for a shoe endorsement that doesn't make a shoe any better?

Of course, if his presidential election campaign gets a cut of each purchase...

I wonder how much money Chuck Taylor got. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    But back on the post...

I'm ready to elect Shane senator, president, or Pope. But I'm not going to pay extra for a pair of sneakers just because he (or anyone else) endorses them. The exact same shoe without the endorsement and box graphics would cost a lot less. It's like the bamboozled masses who bought the latest Jordan sneakers. Why would you pay money for a shoe endorsement that doesn't make a shoe any better?

Of course, if his presidential election campaign gets a cut of each purchase...

I wonder how much money Chuck Taylor got. Anyone know?
    You'll have to ask him:

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...124-duketaylor

(BTW, his real name is indeed Chuck.)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

19. Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevil View Post
    Sorry this post came so late! Finally had a chance to play with the shoes this weekend.

To answer your question right off the bat, they did feel a little tight. I usually buy 8.5 (short guy) with Nike but can wear an 8. With the Battier VII shoes, the 8.5 felt more like the 8. That said, after playing ball with them for a while it did loosen up a bit so it could be about breaking the shoe in. So if you're between sizes, I would recommend opting for the larger size, but if you're comfortably an 8.5 ordering an 8.5 is fine.

I usually wear Kobe's shoes for basketball, and have become a fan of low-top basketball shoes. I feel quicker off the heel with them vs. traditional high-top shoes. The Battier VIIs are high-tops and provide a lot of stability; in fact, the shoe fits like a tight glove and the quasi-rubbery, foam-like material inside provides a lot of cushioning and prevents the foot from moving around too much in the shoe, which is great. I get the impression the shoes will absorb a lot of the impact from jumping and running -- more so than other bball shoes anyway. The trade-off is that they feel a little heavy; like there's an extra layer between your feet and the court surface. Given a choice, I prefer playing with the Kobes as my game depends heavily on a fast first step. But if you're a fan of high-tops that provide stability and cushioning, the Battier VIIs will do the job well.

From a fashion point of view, i.e. wearing them on a night out, the Battier shoes are GREAT. I wore them with black polo and black jeans and the red shoes popped. I got a few compliments and some "whoa" reactions when told the shoes were Shane Battier's brand.