Inbee Park making history on the LPGA

Kind of surprised that there wasn't a thread here already about this remarkable young golfer. Yesterday she won the Women's U.S. Open quite easily. This followed two consecutive victories on regular tour stops, making it her third win in as many weeks.

More remarkable, though, is the fact that this was the third major tournament of the year, and she had already won the first two. If she is able to win the Women's Open Championship in Britain in August, she will be the first golfer since Babe Zaharias back in the 1950s to win four majors in a single season.

Quite an amazing young woman.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

She has a sloooow backswing that is reminiscent of one of golf's best - Nancy Lopez. Despite a few hiccups on Saturday and Sunday she won easily. Besides having a chance at four in a row, Inbee could conceivably win another as the LPGA has five majors this year.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Aware that recently they added a fifth major.

If she wins the first four, which includes both the U.S. Open and the Open Championship, I'd say we'd have to grant her the "Grand Slam" even if she fails to win the fledgling, newly crowned major at the end of the season.

Of course, the way she's playing, she may well win both. (I wish I could putt half as well as she can; my handicap would probably drop about 5 shots.)
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Kind of surprised that there wasn't a thread here already about this remarkable young golfer.
    if only she were black instead of korean