Rest in Peace, Mother of Vince Taylor

As per his Facebook. We're sorry, Vince.

Taylor is a very interesting guy in Duke's history. Not meaning any disrespect to other freshmen who came in in 1978-79, and 1979-80, he was Foster's last blue-chip recruit. (Not my assessment--Bill Brill's). Coach K liked to talk in the late 90s about how guys like Collins and Wojo were the "bridge" between the era of statistically sick success (1986-1994) and the revival. If there's a "bridge" between Foster and Coach K, Taylor is the deck of it, even past Banks and Dennard.
    Last edited by throatybeard; 05-30-2013 at 08:46 PM.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Vince's mom was really special. This article tells more about her life. http://www.kentucky.com/2013/06/01/2...e-of-joan.html

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    As per his Facebook. We're sorry, Vince.

Taylor is a very interesting guy in Duke's history. Not meaning any disrespect to other freshmen who came in in 1978-79, and 1979-80, he was Foster's last blue-chip recruit. (Not my assessment--Bill Brill's). Coach K liked to talk in the late 90s about how guys like Collins and Wojo were the "bridge" between the era of statistically sick success (1986-1994) and the revival. If there's a "bridge" between Foster and Coach K, Taylor is the deck of it, even past Banks and Dennard.
    Vince was a Lexington native and the folks back home were none too happy when he announced for Duke. But I think they got over it after winning the N.C. certainly faster than their obsession over The Shot. I sat behind Vince at his official visit. He was(is I'm sure) a very nice person. Sorry to read about his loss.

Now Kedsy would disagree that Vince was Foster's last blue chipper. At least he vehemently did so with me in another thread. I, on the other hand, always agree with Brill.