Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeCrow View Post
    It doesn't appear that was the case after all.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ip-street.html
    Thanks for posting -- interesting article. But the way I read it, it seems it might still have been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    In the race to put out any information first, there were a lot of "facts" reported that were later found to be either offbase or out an out false. This is just another one.

One thing about this case that remains fascinating to me is the "story" of how the older brother died. Every news source is sticking with the "died in the shootout" meme, even though the police stated they had him on the ground and were cuffing him when the younger brother drove the SUV right at them and ran over his older brother dragging him down the street. If that's true, he did not "die in the shootout", he was killed by the younger brother running him over, yet no one has stated that in the many articles I have read from most of the major news outlets.
    This is unsuprising to me -- stories always get initially distorted and later refined. For example, I posted earlier that boat owner investigated because he saw blood... he later said he saw no blood outside the boat.

At any rate, I think it's still accurate to say the older brother died in the shootout -- the shootout seems to me to be the proximate cause. It is after all the reason the younger brother fled in the manner he did. People aren't saying "killed by the police".

Funny False Fact

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    In the race to put out any information first, there were a lot of "facts" reported that were later found to be either off base or out and out false. This is just another one.
    Yesterday, it was widely (but skeptically) reported that the shooter in the Houston airport was dressed as an elf. As it turned out, one of the original twitter reports described a self-inflicted gunshot wound - but omitted the "s".