View Poll Results: Who would win in a round robin tournament?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miles and Mason Plumlee

2 3.92%
  • Steph and Seth Curry

30 58.82%
  • Tyler and Ben Hansbrough

9 17.65%
  • Tyler and Cody Zeller

10 19.61%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oh, and I voted the Curry brothers. Trading 3's for 2's puts any match up in their favor.
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

Quote Originally Posted by BuschDevil View Post
    Ok, ... limited to players from recent years...
    I bet BuschDevil is thinking Van Arsdale twins -- Tom and Dick. We don't usually give them much thought, being Indiana grads and off the court since 1977. But these guys walked the walk. Twelve NBA seasons. 'Course now that they are 70, they may have lost a step. I'm betting they are still rough and tough. In their prime, despite being only 6-5, they gave as good as they got, no matter who they matched up against. Certainly Tom could face down anyone, even against a size disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    I bet BuschDevil is thinking Van Arsdale twins -- Tom and Dick. We don't usually give them much thought, being Indiana grads and off the court since 1977. But these guys walked the walk. Twelve NBA seasons. 'Course now that they are 70, they may have lost a step. I'm betting they are still rough and tough. In their prime, despite being only 6-5, they gave as good as they got, no matter who they matched up against. Certainly Tom could face down anyone, even against a size disadvantage.
    I think Tom's trading card might be in my old (& small) collection, buried in a box around here somewhere. But, no, I wasn't thinking of them, forgot about them completely. How about Horace & Harvey Grant? Horace played at Clemson. Harvey started there, but ended up at Oklahoma. 17 & 11 NBA seasons resepectively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horace_Grant
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Grant
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

Quote Originally Posted by BuschDevil View Post
    I think Tom's trading card might be in my old (& small) collection, buried in a box around here somewhere. But, no, I wasn't thinking of them, forgot about them completely. How about Horace & Harvey Grant? Horace played at Clemson. Harvey started there, but ended up at Oklahoma. 17 & 11 NBA seasons resepectively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horace_Grant
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Grant
    What about Rick and Jon Barry? They can both handle the ball, versatile players, Rick is tall enough to guard the bigs, both good shooters, create matchup problems. Oregon State and Georgia Tech.

Currys

Steph's talent level is a big notch above anyone else's on the list, so the Currys take it.

Jones Boys of Albany State

How does this work? Are there substitutions in a full court 2 on 2 game? I was always intrigued by the Jones brothers from Albany State, GA (not University at Albany in NY). It always seemed like there was another Jones brother coming from Albany State into the NBA back in the '70s and '80s.

Caldwell Jones played with Dr. J (played for 17 years in the NBA); Wilbert played for the Indiana Pacers; Major Jones played 5 seasons in the NBA; Charles had 15 seasons in the NBA. 6 Jones brothers played at Albany State. 5 on 5 anyone?

Larry
    DevilHorse

No one has brought up the Singlers yet???

And for the sake of this thread, can we consider Johnny and Andre Dawkins?

And then there is the badass seperated-at-birth brothers of Nate James and Jordan Davidson . . . but that just wouldn't be fair, would it?

The best player is Steph Curry. With only four people on the floor that makes all the difference.

Patterson could take any of 'em one on two.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Steph's talent level is a big notch above anyone else's on the list, so the Currys take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreechTDX1847 View Post
    The best player is Steph Curry. With only four people on the floor that makes all the difference.
    An excellent point - of all the players in the poll, Steph is currently the only bona fide NBA star. In a full court game I think he'd be unstoppable. The other tandems would have a lot of trouble getting the ball down the court against the two guards.

And yes, the Singlers were a huge omission on my part. Kyle's versatility would be a huge asset and he'd be a tough guard for any of the other guys.

The Kings

Bernard and Albert King would destroy all comers. Only comp would probably be Gerald and Dominique Wilkins.