1 1.47%
  • The Wolverine

5 7.35%
  • Other (put name in post)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by matt1 View Post
    How did its opening do at the box office? This is a movie I want to go see. Maybe, I will go tomorrow.
    Last I read it opened to 6.8 million on Wesnesday night and was going to end up around 30 mil for the weekend. Go see it, you won't regret it.

Was pleasantly surprised by The Way Way Back. Funny and poignant. Steve Carell is very good as the not-so-nice potential stepdad. Toni Collette seems to always have the wierd movie kids (or maybe she's the wierd movie mom). The kid actors all do fine jobs.

Not really a Top 5 subject but noticed some other current movie comments so....

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Go see it, you won't regret it.
    Dissent.

I saw We're The Millers a few weeks ago and it was instantly forgettable. I laughed several times because folks like Jason Sudekis, Ed Helms, and Nick Offerman are truly funny but the story is lame and predictable and the movie has no emotional honesty. Sure, you laugh a few times but you will also roll your eyes at the dreadful script a few other times. Whenever the story has nowhere to go, the movie turns to a really crude, low-brow joke too. I think it wants to be Horrible Bosses or Bad Teacher, but it isn't nearly as clever.

I felt sorry for Jennifer Anniston playing this role, as she looked just pained to be in this flick. This kind of film does nothing for her career. She's an A-list star in a film with a bunch of B and C listers and she's not even the lead. Yikes! There haven't been any good comedies since The Heat so Millers should do ok business, but it is not a film that people will think about after leaving the theater.

-Jason "we need more Nick Offerman! I'd love to see him get something other than a mid-size supporting role" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    ... I think it wants to be Horrible Bosses or Bad Teacher, but it isn't nearly as clever. ...
    Ouch.

Really. Ouch. I struggle to find anything even remotely approaching clever in either film. To be clearly LESS clever? Ouch.

It is all done, as we knew it would be several weeks ago.

1. Iron Man 3 - $407.8 mil
    2. Despicable Me 2 - $345.9 mil
    3. Man of Steel - $289.1 mil
    4. Monsters U - $261.1 mil
    5. Fast/Fur 6 - $238.4 mil

Star Trek:ID becomes far and away the highest grossing film to NOT make the top 5 as it makes $227.1 mil and comes in at #6. The old challenge, "which films will make $200 mil?" is pretty much irrelevant these days as it appears WWZ will crawl across the $200 mil mark and not be even #6 in our contest (it currently stands at $198.2 mil, good for 7th place).

8th place is a film no one voted for, The Heat, with $155.4 million. It continues a trend of a surprise comedy coming up big in the summer but it wasn't quite as big as recent hits Ted, Bridesmaids, and The Hangover.

-Jason "I forget so someone remind me, we had our first ever 5-for-5 in the summer, right? Who was it again?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

It is all done, as we knew it would be several weeks ago.

1. Iron Man 3 - $407.8 mil
    2. Despicable Me 2 - $345.9 mil
    3. Man of Steel - $289.1 mil
    4. Monsters U - $261.1 mil
    5. Fast/Fur 6 - $238.4 mil

Star Trek:ID becomes far and away the highest grossing film to NOT make the top 5 as it makes $227.1 mil and comes in at #6. The old challenge, "which films will make $200 mil?" is pretty much irrelevant these days as it appears WWZ will crawl across the $200 mil mark and not be even #6 in our contest (it currently stands at $198.2 mil, good for 7th place).

8th place is a film no one voted for, The Heat, with $155.4 million. It continues a trend of a surprise comedy coming up big in the summer but it wasn't quite as big as recent hits Ted, Bridesmaids, and The Hangover.

-Jason "I forget so someone remind me, we had our first ever 5-for-5 in the summer, right? Who was it again?" Evans
    4/5 for me, with my 5th one placing 6th...definitely my highest showing thus far in these!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

mkirsh.