Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    maybe when marshall gets the playing time mcgary has had, he'll dominate too

i mean to say, he WILL dominate
    I sure hope so and am definitely pulling for him. The minutes are there for him to earn, hope he does so.

Quote Originally Posted by duke09hms View Post
    I sure hope so and am definitely pulling for him. The minutes are there for him to earn, hope he does so.
    seeing as the next tallest guy on the team is 6'8 (hairston, hood, parker, jefferson, murphy), I think the minutes are pretty much default his.

I can't imagine us going out there with such a small lineup for the whole game.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by duke09hms View Post
    Mitch McGary is proving to be a HUGE recruiting miss for us. Can't believe we lost him to Michigan. That's one example of the "Duke negative recruiting" costing us big time. If we had a big like him on next year's team anchoring us in the post, our offense would be likely unstoppable, and defense would be strong as well.
    How did duke miss on McGary w negative recruiting? Thanks for info!

marshall is the thickest, strongest, fastest, most "athletic" of the three plumlees, he is going to do really well next year.

oh, and andre'll be back

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    How did duke miss on McGary w negative recruiting? Thanks for info!

Throughout his Senior year many thought that McGary was a Duke "lean." Out of Indiana, he attended prep school at a small private school, I want to say in New Hamshire(?), and seemed to regard academics as a priority. After all, he just seemed like a Duke kind of guy. But Michigan had signed on his AAU coach, IIRC, as an assistant, and there were persistent rumors of negative recruiting apparently as McGary voiced some unflattering stereotypes about Duke late in the process, and after his announcement. Definately a disappointment for us Duke recruitniks!

I agree with the comments here, that based on his play in the NCAAT he really could have been a difference-maker for Duke, this season, and especially next. He's a load underneath, good rebvounder, and a decent mid-range shooter, but most importantly he is a terrific passer out of the post. I felt that he was THE difference-maker for Michigan in beating Syracuse Sat night.

I suspect this final could be a very good game. Michigan got better in this tourney and may just pull it out.

I don't like Pitino who has shown himself to be a man without principle and integrity in his personal life, and I usually feel about as negative towards basketball fans from Kentucky as I do for football fans from Michigan. So there is no way I want the Cards. Plus, they knocked out Duke. Plus, there is a lingering memory from 1986. Pretty tough for me to pull for anyone that beats Duke.

I've never been a big Boeheim or Syracuse fan for that matter either. I really have nothing against John Belien and Trey Burke is an Ohio kid that Ohio State really misjudged along with a bunch of other teams. So for the honor of the Big 10 which needs a boost, I am for Michigan. Not a popular pick amongst Duke fans, I know, and UM fans can be insufferable. It's really a no win situation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Devil View Post
    It's really a no win situation for me.
    Welcome to my world. I detested all three of the big boys left in the Final Four, so once Wichita St bowed out I was left with a no win situation as well. I'm not even sure that I'll watch a second of the game Monday night. I just despise both those teams (for different reasons) so much. Both fan bases make me nauseous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Welcome to my world. I detested all three of the big boys left in the Final Four, so once Wichita St bowed out I was left with a no win situation as well. I'm not even sure that I'll watch a second of the game Monday night. I just despise both those teams (for different reasons) so much. Both fan bases make me nauseous.
    One of them has to lose.

not watch, really?

you will deny yourself the last, and argueably best, game of the year because you don't like the colors of the uniforms or names of the players or some plorithera excuses.

hmmm, hate tsunami, not just duke.

With Syracuse going out and the refs having yet another end-of-game shocker, I have no interest in the championship game.

Gonna watch. Cannot root for either! Would not mind L'ville loosing.

if mich wins, how long will it be before we see jalen rose taking full credit?

I'd say about 30 secs.
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by KenTankerous View Post
    not watch, really?

you will deny yourself the last, and argueably best, game of the year because you don't like the colors of the uniforms or names of the players or some plorithera excuses.

hmmm, hate tsunami, not just duke.
    Hate is all around. Some people refuse to acknowledge it.

I'll watch this final -- given the programs and specific players, it could be interesting -- but I wouldn't begrudge another person from abstaining. I couldn't watch the Maryland-Indiana final in 2002 or the Connecticut-Georgia Tech final in 2004. Also, many championship games are devoid of drama as they play out, viewer bias or no bias.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    if mich wins, how long will it be before we see jalen rose taking full credit?

I'd say about 30 secs.
    This is why I want them to lose. I think Beilein is a great coach but having Jalen running his mouth like he had something to do with the Wolverines winning it all will get sickening after 5 seconds.

No way, and I mean NO WAY I would ever pull for Michigan to win ANYTHING. After the negative things that was said about Duke by the "fab five" who won nothing, I hope they never win anything again. Also, after hearing about how great the Big Ten was this year I certainly don't want one of theirs to win the NC. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the ACC beat the Big Ten head to head this year, including all games, not just the challenge. One final note, losing to the NC (Louisville) isn't a shameful thing for Duke.

taking my ball and going home

Eh,
    I'm just not watching. If Duke isn't in it, no point in falsely driving TV ad revenue for the game.
    Let the viewership numbers take a hit cuz Duke isn't in it.. I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    Eh,
    I'm just not watching. If Duke isn't in it, no point in falsely driving TV ad revenue for the game.
    Let the viewership numbers take a hit cuz Duke isn't in it.. I can live with that.
    I'll be at work so I won't be watching either, that's two Duke fans not watching...see those numbers take a huge hit!

I'm Rooting for the Team in Dark Blue and Gold

The Cal women, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ynotme32 View Post
    I'll be at work so I won't be watching either, that's two Duke fans not watching...see those numbers take a huge hit!
    I will be travelling and will get in only in time for the 2nd half. I would normally root for Michigan over Lullville, but in this case, ACC pride is at stake, so I'll pull for the Cardinals.

sagegrouse
    'By the way, WTF is up with the new name for the Big East football schools -- AAC -- American Athletic Conference? Surely the ACC has grounds to protest and seek redress over this infringement'