Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Whom to pull for in the Final Four

Which team will most Duke fans be rooting for this weekend? Pulling for the underdog Wichita St is likely a waste of time, so I'm going with Louisville for several different reasons. The Kevin Ware injury obviously makes them a sentimental favorite. An all future-ACC NC game between Louisville and Syracuse would likely further enhance the strength and reputation of the conference.

But, by far and away, the most important reason to root for this Pitino-coached Louisville team is that if they win the NC it would royally piss off every single Kentucky fan.

Wichita State without a doubt. I despise Louisville and their fans are just as bad as UK fans.

After experiencing Louisville fans first hand in Indy, it's going to be hard for me to root for them...

i'm not pulling for anyone. and that is the beautiful thing this year. i have no invested emotional interest. i am in it for the basketball, for the game, for the stretch and jam of kids throwing a ball through a hoop.

LET"S GO BASKETBALL!!!

but uk fans are much worse than uofl fans but not as bad as maryland or unc chapel hill imnsho

addition by subtraction....i'm pulling for louisville cause i think they have a better chance of sniping mich. I never want mich to win...ever...

so, if the cuse comes up and wins, fine, if louisville wins, fine...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    addition by subtraction....i'm pulling for louisville cause i think they have a better chance of sniping mich. I never want mich to win...ever...

so, if the cuse comes up and wins, fine, if louisville wins, fine...
    Initially after last Sunday, I thought I would pull for Louisville, probably in part because of the injury to Ware.

Now, I'm solidly in the Anybody But Michigan camp. My daughter's father-in-law is a really obnoxious Michigan fan.

My bracket says Louisville.

ETA: The lack of scoring in this ballgame reminds me of the famous expression " A lot of sound and fury signifying nothing."

Unfortunately there's only one team (Wichita St) left that I don't despise, and their chances of cutting down the nets would seem to be slim to none. If it's a Louisville vs Michigan or Syracuse finals, I won't watch one second of it.

c - a - r - d - s ... NO!!!! Over and over and over last week.

Wichita State. Period.

Any time Duke is not in it, I pull for the underdog. Imagine if the shockers won?!? Think of all the fans around the country complaining about one thing or another. I always like watching other fans complain for some reason...

Well, with the refs putting Wichita St out, it's the Cuse for me.

No brainer for me . . . Syracuse. Boeheim is infinitely more likable than Pitino, and certainly deserves another NC after being so loyal to his school for the past 400 years.

Quote Originally Posted by licc85 View Post
    No brainer for me . . . Syracuse. Boeheim is infinitely more likable than Pitino, and certainly deserves another NC after being so loyal to his school for the past 400 years.
    despite being so condescending to the media? so iffy on the academics of his players?
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by licc85 View Post
    Looks like Michican has figured them out.

Mitch McGary is proving to be a HUGE recruiting miss for us. Can't believe we lost him to Michigan. That's one example of the "Duke negative recruiting" costing us big time. If we had a big like him on next year's team anchoring us in the post, our offense would be likely unstoppable, and defense would be strong as well.

Quote Originally Posted by duke09hms View Post
    Mitch McGary is proving to be a HUGE recruiting miss for us. Can't believe we lost him to Michigan. That's one example of the "Duke negative recruiting" costing us big time. If we had a big like him on next year's team anchoring us in the post, our offense would be likely unstoppable, and defense would be strong as well.
    I was thinking the exact same thing (that McGary was a big miss). He reminds me a bit of Elton, in that he's strong but also very quick. If Michigan wins it all he'd be my MVP on that team over Burke.

If we had a big like him on next year's team anchoring us in the post, our offense would be likely unstoppable, and defense would be strong as well.

don't we have a plumlee left? yeah, i'm pretty sure we have one more to go through...

Probably every Duke fan who keeps up with recruiting thought about it for at least a minute, but in reality, we were a distant third for McGary behind Michigan and Florida. We were never really a threat to land him. Woulda been a special team next year with him, though I doubt he even stays for next year at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by KenTankerous View Post
    don't we have a plumlee left? yeah, i'm pretty sure we have one more to go through...
    Yeah but have you seen Marshall play this year? His 2nd year in the program. This is McGary's first, and he's dominating the tournament.

Yeah but have you seen Marshall play this year? His 2nd year in the program. This is McGary's first, and he's dominating the tournament.
    maybe when marshall gets the playing time mcgary has had, he'll dominate too

i mean to say, he WILL dominate
    April 1