Thread: Duke Dads

Duke Dads

Tonight on WRAL. Beautiful piece - makes me appreciate even more our seniors and their families!

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke-da...eers/12310931/

How about following up with the Moms?

Quote Originally Posted by fitimi1 View Post
    How about following up with the Moms?
    *Cough* Sonya *Cough*

Did anyone else watching this video have the reaction I did--that the physical resemblances were so clear it was almost like watching a future 25th reunion of Ryan, Seth and Mason? (Del is obviously a lot bigger than Seth but there is a facial resemblance.)

Well... Mr. Plumlee and Mr. Curry were both extensively shown on the game broadcasts... but I don't recall seeing Mr. Kelly... or I just missed him. But, to me, Mr. Kelly has the most striking resemblance to his son. Very interesting... And I like the thought of at 25th year reunion of Ryan, Mason, and Seth. Someone should keep a photo of the 3 dads... and compare that to 25 years from now. I "heard" that kids look more like their parents as they get older...

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    I "heard" that kids look more like their parents as they get older...
    Thanks, you just caused a severe case of depression for my son.

Well... Mr. Plumlee and Mr. Curry were both extensively shown on the game broadcasts... but I don't recall seeing Mr. Kelly... or I just missed him. But, to me, Mr. Kelly has the most striking resemblance to his son. Very interesting... And I like the thought of at 25th year reunion of Ryan, Mason, and Seth. Someone should keep a photo of the 3 dads... and compare that to 25 years from now. I "heard" that kids look more like their parents as they get older...
    The only game at which I saw Kelly's father (including Maui last year) was the senior night game with VaTech. Kelley's grandmother and mother attended many games.

Yeah, I "heard" that in my mirror.

You're right, I had seen Mr. Plumlee and Mr. Curry many times before--but for some reason getting an extended look at Mr. Curry instead of the quick glimpse next to Sonya helped me see the resemblance more. And this was the first time I had seen Mr. Kelly.