Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Oladipo and McLemore

ESPN indicates both Oladipo and McLemore will declare for the draft.

Providence's Ricky Ledo

Kid was a big time recruit after having gone to 4 high schools in 5 years. The 6'6" wing committed to Providence, de-committed, then re-committed there. Except he never qualified academically so never put on a Friars uniform. Just practiced with them this year and now he's declaring.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Kid was a big time recruit after having gone to 4 high schools in 5 years. The 6'6" wing committed to Providence, de-committed, then re-committed there. Except he never qualified academically so never put on a Friars uniform. Just practiced with them this year and now he's declaring.
    That sure was a well-used scholarship . . .

Goodman has Sulaimon going in the first round. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/mock-draft

Quote Originally Posted by gls6 View Post
    Goodman has Sulaimon going in the first round. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/mock-draft
    Wow, thanks alot Mr. Goodman. Now I guess we'll have to sweat out "Rasheed Watch" a year earlier than I thought.

Well for comparison's sake, DraftExpress has Sulaimon going in the first round of next year's draft, also around early 20s. I know next year is suppose to be a better year but you'd think with an extra year of development he would go higher if he was really first round material this year. He's not even listed as a top 100 prospect this year, though that may be because he thinks he has no chance of coming out this year.

Also, interestingly enough, he has Rodney Hood as a 2nd round pick next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    Wow, thanks alot Mr. Goodman. Now I guess we'll have to sweat out "Rasheed Watch" a year earlier than I thought.
    I would not sweat it too much. Goodman is not a draft guru by any stretch of the imagination. He has Patrick Young of Florida in his draft even though Young has stated he plans to come back to school (and would be a late 2nd rounder, so going pro probably makes less sense). He's got TJ Warren going in the 2nd round even though Warren has said he plans to come back to school. He's got Will Cauley-Stein and Alex Poythress going in the mid-first round even though both of them have stated they are coming back to Kentucky.

This is just his list of pro prospect rankings, I think, and bears no resemblance to kids who are or are not coming out this year. There has been no hint that Rasheed would even dream of turning pro after this season nor have I seen anything to indicate that his stock might be as high as Goodman indicates. DraftExpress has Suliamon listed as the #22 pick in the 2014 draft. NBADraft.net does not list him among likely draftees in either 2013 or 2014. ESPN does not have him in their 2013 mock and list him as the 44th best prospect in college right now, hardly the stuff of a 2013 first round pick.

I don't think we have anything to worry about here. Goodman does not know what he is talking about and the folks who do know NBA draft stuff do not feel Rasheed is coming out right now nor do they think his stock would be very high if he did.

-Jason "I doubt we even get an announcement from Rasheed about his plans, that is how far off the radar the NBA is for him right now" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Cody Zeller declaring for the NBA per SportsCenter.

All in all, no surprises yet. I'm hopeful that we'll soon find out that Burke, maybe McGary, and a couple of UNC guys decide to go as well.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Cody Zeller declaring for the NBA per SportsCenter.
    So IU loses Zeller, Oladipo, Watford, and Hulls. That's a huge chunk of their minutes, points, and rebounds. Granted, Duke losing Ryan, Mason, and Seth could be almost as big.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    So IU loses Zeller, Oladipo, Watford, and Hulls. That's a huge chunk of their minutes, points, and rebounds. Granted, Duke losing Ryan, Mason, and Seth could be almost as big.
    Yes, but at least we are adding one of the best players in the country, a terrific SF, and at least one if not two terrific perimeter shooters. Indiana's recruiting class is not nearly as strong. And on top of that, we have more returning talent than Indiana.

Pressey gone

Add Missouri guard Phil Pressey to the early entry list:

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2013/sto...ters-nba-draft

And, if I may refer to another thread on this board, that moves Quinn Cook up one more place on the list of the nation's best 2013-14 point guards.

Michael Carter-Williams declaring for the draft.

Adjust your 2013-2014 point guard and ACC standings projections accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Add Missouri guard Phil Pressey to the early entry list:

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2013/sto...ters-nba-draft

And, if I may refer to another thread on this board, that moves Quinn Cook up one more place on the list of the nation's best 2013-14 point guards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Michael Carter-Williams declaring for the draft.

Adjust your 2013-2014 point guard and ACC standings projections accordingly.
    Excellent. Things are coming together nicely. Now let's hope for Burke and Larkin to commit and Wiggins to go to FSU.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yes, but at least we are adding one of the best players in the country, a terrific SF, and at least one if not two terrific perimeter shooters. Indiana's recruiting class is not nearly as strong. And on top of that, we have more returning talent than Indiana.
    Well, they're adding six guys including #7 overall Vonleh (a PF) on top of three 4-star recruits, so it's a solid class. But I'd agree it's not as strong as Duke's (especially if you count Hood). Crean said he purposefully extended more scholarships than he had available as he thought there may be some departures...I wonder what would happen if that didn't materialize though. Perhaps one of the 3-star guys would have been okay paying his way for a year.

espn mock draft

Not sure, but I think this went up today -- ESPN's Mock Draft.

It's interesting because of the guys Chad Ford has projected -- all the Michigan guys (McGary, Hardaway, Robinson and Burke), Dieng from Louisville and Gary Harris of Michigan State. It has McAdoo and Hairston of UNC going late in the first round.

There seems to be some confusion about Russ Smith ... Ford has him in the draft, but projects him as a second rounder. But ESPN also has a story up quoting Pitino as saying that Smith still hasn't made up his mind.

Two other interesting ones are Adrian Payne and Reggie Bullock ... either Ford is projecting them to stay or doesn't have them in the first round.

FWIW -- Mason is listed at No. 14 at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Excellent. Things are coming together nicely. Now let's hope for Burke and Larkin to commit and Wiggins to go to FSU.
    Did I hear a muuhahahahaha in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Not sure, but I think this went up today -- ESPN's Mock Draft.

It's interesting because of the guys Chad Ford has projected -- all the Michigan guys (McGary, Hardaway, Robinson and Burke), Dieng from Louisville and Gary Harris of Michigan State. It has McAdoo and Hairston of UNC going late in the first round.

There seems to be some confusion about Russ Smith ... Ford has him in the draft, but projects him as a second rounder. But ESPN also has a story up quoting Pitino as saying that Smith still hasn't made up his mind.

Two other interesting ones are Adrian Payne and Reggie Bullock ... either Ford is projecting them to stay or doesn't have them in the first round.

FWIW -- Mason is listed at No. 14 at the moment.
    I feel like Russ Smith's dad has been the source of the reports that he is entering the draft. Without knowing anything about the family, it seems at least possible that a) he is not in the loop and Pitino has better information on what Russ is thinking right now; b) he wants Russ to enter the draft and so is either assuming he will or trying to make that happen by saying it; c) Russ and his dad are on the same page, but Pitino wants Russ to consider additional information before making a final decision.

Quote Originally Posted by azzefkram View Post
    Did I hear a muuhahahahaha in there?
    If only I had a fluffy white cat...

Kabongo

Texas has just announced Myck Kabongo will enter the draft, according to Andy Katz.