Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Is it his decision? Absolutely. That doesn't mean it is the smart decision from a financial perspective. I don't think anyone is bashing him for his desire to stay in school. They are just noting that it's not the fiscally wise decision.
    Quite so, just as John Wall would have been leaving hundreds of thousands of dollars on the table had he matriculated to Duke for his year of college. Sometimes you have to make the pragmatic decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Esseintes View Post
    Quite so, just as John Wall would have been leaving hundreds of thousands of dollars on the table had he matriculated to Duke for his year of college. Sometimes you have to make the pragmatic decisions.
    A leap of logic that is wa-a-a-a-y beyond me. Are you saying that John Wall is making more in the NBA (where there is a rookie salary scale) from going to Kentucky than from playing at Duke? Or, are you asserting that at Kentucky he (or his immediate) family was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars?

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    A leap of logic that is wa-a-a-a-y beyond me. Are you saying that John Wall is making more in the NBA (where there is a rookie salary scale) from going to Kentucky than from playing at Duke? Or, are you asserting that at Kentucky he (or his immediate) family was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars?

sagegrouse
    It's the latter and I suspect it's tongue in cheek (at least sort of).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Russ Smith

Louisville's Russ Smith will decide tomorrow, and is 50-50, per Pitino.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Louisville's Russ Smith will decide tomorrow, and is 50-50, per Pitino.
    It's a weak draft. He's 22 years old already. You gotta go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    It's a weak draft. He's 22 years old already. You gotta go for it!
    Russ Smith is returning to Louisville. The idea of schooling 5 or more Kentucky freshmen must have had its appeal.

Not clear to me if it's still a weak draft, now that almost everyone else has declared. Is 2014 that much better, or just a little more top heavy? "Weak draft" seems like a code phrase intended to purge college basketball of many of its good, young players.

Shane Larkin

Larkin will announce Sunday at 6. I bet he's gone.

C.J. Fair returning to Syracuse. Adjust your conference predictions accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Russ Smith is returning to Louisville. The idea of schooling 5 or more Kentucky freshmen must have had its appeal.

Not clear to me if it's still a weak draft, now that almost everyone else has declared. Is 2014 that much better, or just a little more top heavy? "Weak draft" seems like a code phrase intended to purge college basketball of many of its good, young players.
    Yes, it would appear a lot of folks whose chances of being drafted in the first round are very low and whose chances of being drafted at all are far from certain have been lured into this draft on the premise that it is weak. But if there are lots and lots of pretty good players who, for one reason or another, aren't sure fire NBA material, it's going to be little better than a lottery to see who gets a chance at the very end of the first round or a much less secure chance in the second round.

McDermott returning to Creighton for another year. Must be appealing to play for papa. Or getting hounded by Duke left a bad taste!

McDermott returning to Creighton for another year. Must be appealing to play for papa. Or getting hounded by Duke left a bad taste!
    Or having a chance to make some more noise in the NCAA tourney. He is a good college player. Not sure his game will translate well to the pros.

Tweet de Chad Ford

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider
    Key players left on the undecided list include: Shane Larkin, Isaiah Austin, Adreian Payne, Ray McCallum, Andre Roberson. Deadline 4/28

Larkin Gone

Per Jeff Goodman - Larkin gone. LINK

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider
    Key players left on the undecided list include: Shane Larkin, Isaiah Austin, Adreian Payne, Ray McCallum, Andre Roberson. Deadline 4/28
    Payne is the only decision left that would have a meaningful impact on the top of the college basketball world next season. If he is back, MSU is top 5 nationally. If not, they are merely top 15-20, I think. Russdiculous puts Ville back into the title conversation too.

-Jason "I think Larkin is about to start a very solid pro career" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

This was the clear smart move for Shane Larkin, so I hope Canes fans won't criticize the move too harshly. The Canes are probably going to be pretty bad next year, and it may have negatively affected Larkin's stock. This is also widely felt to be a weak draft. I have no idea where he's being projected, but a late lottery selection wouldn't surprise me, though probably more mid to late first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    This was the clear smart move for Shane Larkin, so I hope Canes fans won't criticize the move too harshly. The Canes are probably going to be pretty bad next year, and it may have negatively affected Larkin's stock. This is also widely felt to be a weak draft. I have no idea where he's being projected, but a late lottery selection wouldn't surprise me, though probably more mid to late first round.
    It was absolutely the time for Larkin to go. His stock will not likely be higher. Had he stayed, he'd have been a 6'0" PG with no proven options around him. Defenses could focus entirely on him. And he wouldn't get the benefit of the "he's the leader of the best team in the ACC" argument in his favor.

If he is indeed going, then from a draft stock perspective he's making correct decision.

And if he's going, Miami is going to be TERRIBLE next year. Like, possibly worse than Va Tech.

The Payne is Back

Adreian Payne returning to MSU, puts them in the top 5/10.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ning-to-school

2013 NBA Draft declaree Alex Len has surgery on left ankle, and is out 4-6 months.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2013/sto...rkouts-surgery

I'm on record as being critical of the dogpile of commentary that this is a weak draft, but if your team has a lottery pick and is looking for a healthy center, well...