Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Greenwell update

Quote Originally Posted by BuschDevil View Post
    The girls Mickey D's game is on ESPN now. Duke has three players in the game, Rebecca Greenwell, Oderah Chidom, & Kendall Cooper. Unfortunately, Rebecca Greenwell landed hard on her knee and left the game. She had torn her ACL last year in the same knee, but had recovered from the surgery well. Hopefully, it is not a serious reinjury. Let's send positive thoughts towards this future Blue Devil.
    Rebecca talks after McDonald's game about her injury: http://www.usatodayhss.com/newalbany...d-d7eba0b10000
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Side note - Meeks is a big, big boy. He's gonna get a lot of [negative] fan attention next year...
    You're being very kind to Mr. Meeks. The kid is a couple of donuts shy of 300 lbs from the look of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mo.st.dukie View Post
    Greg Paulus looked like the second coming of Bobby Hurley in the 05 game. Josh Selby looked better than Kyrie in 2010.

There is nothing that should be taken away from this "game"
    It appears you and I watched a totally different game in 2010. Kyrie played exceptionally well in all of the H.S games that year and I recall that on this very board I posted how he was doing things the other PG's attempted to do, but only he was capable of doing, namely splitting multiple defenders off the dribble.

As for Greg Paulus, he did really well during his first season. I guess being surrounded by two extremely talented players such as JJ and the Landlord had something to do with that. Greg was never a physically gifted player and injuries surely hurt his career. Both Greg and McBob often get a raw deal on this board.

The question I have about Meeks is will he be able to play at Roy's preferred pace for more than a couple of minutes at a time... he may very well be able to, but that is the first thing I will be looking for when they take the court next year.

I think we will be pleasantly surprised with MP3 next year. I know that he hasn't show much yet, but with a full summer and fall practice yet to come, I wouldn't be shocked if he isn't a very serviceable 5 for us. Besides, he has already promised Mason to break Mason's dunk record, so he has some motivation!!