Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Louisville 85, Duke 63 Postgame Thread

Wasn't meant to be. Still a great run.

Proud of this team. Next season will be here soon.

And so begins the long hard wait until next season.

Great season. Great team. Great run.

Well done, boys.

- Chillin

we were beaten by a CLEARLY better team today. their defense was OUTSTANDING and we could not stop the high ball screen offense.

someone with more basketball knowledge than i will have to explain to me when the game was still tight why we didn't sag back and contain like the 2010 team did more of. perhaps next season's team will be more athletic and no 6'11" guys out there so we will just switch everything like the Cards did today?

Also Andre tweeted: "Damn"

Louisville is a great team, they really earned this one. I almost feel bad for whatever horrible thing the curse is going to do to them in the next couple of years.

Very glad that you took the mature decision to open a thread! Congrats to the boys. It's a sad ending but that's life.

Agreed

Tough way to go out but thy were really good. I can't get over that crowd - felt like an away game

I said it before but I'll say it again: I absolutely loved this duke team. They were a real pleasure to watch throughout the season. I will miss Mason, Ryan, Seth, and Coach Collins and I thank them all for what they have done during their time here at Duke. Congrats to L'ville, they deserved this one.

-Now we look forward... Go Duke!

Memorable season, good tourney run.
    Thanks to DBR for another season of offering a community to share wins and losses with.

Thanks, Blue Devils

Thanks for a great effort and an exciting season, Blue Devils. Thank you Mason, Ryan and Seth!

And for Louisville, I hope Ware makes a full recovery.

They were just a better team

Disappointed in how it ended, but proud of the season and the spirit.

We lost to the best team in the country playing with a great deal of emotion. Sad to see our seniors go, happy for them in what they accomplished in their careers, and am already impatiently awaiting next season.

Great season. Beat UNC twice. Made the Elite Eight with a great win over Michigan State.

Thanks to Mason, Ryan, and Seth (and Todd) for all their wonderful hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by summerwind03 View Post
    Proud of this team. Next season will be here soon.
    Could not watch the end. Proud of the team. Kind of loss that will make everyone work harder this summer.

Next year

Not sure I can remember a year when the next season will be such a different team. Will miss the seniors, one of my favorite classes ever

There is no shame in losing to this Louisville team. I will be pulling for them the rest of the way.

Congratulations to our team on a great season.

Special props to our seniors: Seth, Mason, and Kelly for spending their entire 4 years at Duke ranked in the top 10.

Prayers going out to Ware for a speedy and complete recovery.

Sad. But a great season, it's ending notwithstanding. I'm sorry to see Mason, Ryan, and Seth finish their Duke careers but looking forward to next season.

You have to feel for the kids. The whole press against them. The crowd! An emotional event like what happened to their player. The shots not dropping. Lots of effort, lots of heart but no luck!

So when's the rubber match? Duke couldn't keep Siva and Smith out of the paint. Couldn't replicate what happened in Atlantis. Those turnovers in the first half hurt. Took any chance of a lead into the half away. And then when Louisville went on its run, Duke completely abandoned its offense. Mason tied it at 42 when Dieng flopped, his next shot was a free throw down 15.

Seems like fatigue eventually caught up. You know after having to play another top 10 team two days ago.