Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by adukeforduke View Post
    Maybe im flatout wrong but the lineup I listed doesn't seem all that far-fetched to me.
    Assuming Andre plays at Duke next season, I don't think it's far-fetched to think he can get 20 mpg and 10ppg. And the lineup you've suggested could very well be used from time to time. But I'd be surprised if that was our starting and/or predominant lineup. It's very tiring to defend a bigger player, and I'm not sure it makes sense to needlessly tire both Jabari and Rodney. As a sixth or seventh man, Andre could be pretty lethal. That's probably the better way to go, although obviously a lot could happen between now and November that could change our outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Well, I've been trying to grow two inches since LBJ was president.
    According to Charles Barkley, losing 70 pounds will do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Assuming Andre plays at Duke next season, I don't think it's far-fetched to think he can get 20 mpg and 10ppg. And the lineup you've suggested could very well be used from time to time. But I'd be surprised if that was our starting and/or predominant lineup. It's very tiring to defend a bigger player, and I'm not sure it makes sense to needlessly tire both Jabari and Rodney. As a sixth or seventh man, Andre could be pretty lethal. That's probably the better way to go, although obviously a lot could happen between now and November that could change our outlook.
    I would agree Rodney's body is not be well suited to playing the PF for long periods of time. Amile and Josh could easily fill in major minutes at that position and at the center as well. However, I feel the lineup I mentioned would have the best five players on our team on the court. I am fine with Andre coming off the bench but believe he is more talented player than Josh and more talented player than Amile at this point in Amile's young career and should receive more minutes than either of these players.

Andre, Rodney, Sheed, Amile, and Josh can be used interchangeably in a variety lineups and should receive major minutes.

I would disagree that Jabari playing the center on defense would tire him out. His shot blocking ability will be game changing on defense and this ability must be utilized! He has a body that can bang down-low on the defensive side for extended minutes and is a much better option than Marshall (who I unfortunately do not have high hopes for). Jabari may well end up being the most-talented player (not the best but the most-talented) to ever play in Duke uniform. There is nothing on a basketball court this guy can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by adukeforduke View Post
    I would disagree that Jabari playing the center on defense would tire him out. His shot blocking ability will be game changing on defense and this ability must be utilized!
    I'd argue his shot-blocking ability would probably be best utilized from the weak side, like Ryan Kelly's. He's not going to be blocking too many shots by hulking centers backing him down. He's going to fly in from the help side and erase shots after someone got by their man.

And what tires smaller players out is having to push and push against bigger bodies. Banging with 6'9" 300 pound Shaquille Cleare for any length of time would tire out anybody. So, true, it would also tire Amile or Josh or possibly even Marshall, but I'd rather Jabari have more energy left for offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I'd argue his shot-blocking ability would probably be best utilized from the weak side, like Ryan Kelly's. He's not going to be blocking too many shots by hulking centers backing him down. He's going to fly in from the help side and erase shots after someone got by their man.

And what tires smaller players out is having to push and push against bigger bodies. Banging with 6'9" 300 pound Shaquille Cleare for any length of time would tire out anybody. So, true, it would also tire Amile or Josh or possibly even Marshall, but I'd rather Jabari have more energy left for offense.
    I agree with you that I would prefer to have jabari not playing the center for extended game time on this team. However, we do not have proven big man and I believe Jabari is the best option to man the center on defense next year. If Marshall turns out to be better than I think he will be then I am absolutely in favor of Jabari taking on a more athletic Ryan Kelly role.

He's Back!

Andre just announced on Twitter that he will be playing basketball at Duke next season. He is changing his number to 34. "Excited to say that I will be a part of the 2013-2014 Duke Men's Basketball Team. Thanks to everyone for the support throughout the year"

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Andre just announced on Twitter that he will be playing basketball at Duke next season. He is changing his number to 34. "Excited to say that I will be a part of the 2013-2014 Duke Men's Basketball Team. Thanks to everyone for the support throughout the year"
    Begin the baseless guard minutes argument!

Welcome back, Dre.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    That's terrific news! I'm very glad to hear that Dawkins will be back. He'll make an already explosive set of perimeter options that much more dangerous.

I admit that I was very skeptical that we'd see Dawkins in a Duke uniform again. I'm very pleased to be wrong about that.

So much talent on the perimeter! The likely rotation would appear to be as follows:

PG: Cook, Thornton
    SG: Sulaimon, Dawkins
    SF: Hood, Dawkins
    PF: Parker, Jefferson
    C: Jefferson/Hairston/Plumlee/???

We will be absolutely STACKED on the perimeter. I can't begin to say how nice it is to add Dawkins to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    That's terrific news! I'm very glad to hear that Dawkins will be back. He'll make an already explosive set of perimeter options that much more dangerous.

I admit that I was very skeptical that we'd see Dawkins in a Duke uniform again. I'm very pleased to be wrong about that.

So much talent on the perimeter! The likely rotation would appear to be as follows:

PG: Cook, Thornton
    SG: Sulaimon, Dawkins
    SF: Hood, Dawkins
    PF: Parker, Jefferson
    C: Jefferson/Hairston/Plumlee/???

We will be absolutely STACKED on the perimeter. I can't begin to say how nice it is to add Dawkins to the mix.
    Agree. in addition to the fact that Andre has always been a favorite of mine (and I think a lot of other people's), he brings back his terrific shooting, which will be a nice replacement for some of what we lose with Seth.