View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 66-50 win over Creighton?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mason Plumlee

0 0%
  • Ryan Kelly

0 0%
  • Rasheed Sulaimon

98 69.01%
  • Seth Curry

3 2.11%
  • Quinn Cook

0 0%
  • Tyler Thornton

6 4.23%
  • Josh Hairston

0 0%
  • Amile Jefferson

35 24.65%
  • Alex Murphy

0 0%
  • Marshall Plumlee

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. Creighton (Mar 24, 2013)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 66-50 win over Creighton in the Round of 32?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    My vote goes to Rasheed, who came up big when no one else seemed to be hitting their shots. Kudos also to Amile, who filled in admirably when our starters + Josh got into foul trouble.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Couldn't go against Sheed but Amile deserves a shout out as well. Good on him to be ready to step up even with limited minutes at times.

For the curious: I made the Tyler Thornton vote. I was very impressed with his team defense. When no guarding McDermott, he provided great help. When guarding McDermott, he shut him down like he did Reggie Bullock. AND, he, shockingly, had no fouls today.

Amile, my Philadelphia brother.

Our starters were either barely average, or liabilities.

Voted Sheed but Amile was BIG and Tyler's team defense was OUTSTANDING all night he was nearly perfect with his rotations and helping and getting back to the shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Voted Sheed but Amile was BIG and Tyler's team defense was OUTSTANDING all night he was nearly perfect with his rotations and helping and getting back to the shooters.
    Could not agree with you more.

Josh Hairston. If he didn't commit a foul per minute, Amile might never have gotten in to the game. Now, it looks like Amile could be ready to see some more action. He basically shutdown McDermott from the floor. I'd definitely give him another shot if we face another skilled big. Ryan did a decent job but couldn't defend him without fouling. Hairston tried . . . . and failed. Amile finished the job on D and held their star in check.

All that said, Sulaimon still gets the MOTM. He hit a ton of huge shots and grabbed a handful of tough rebounds too.

Quote Originally Posted by Durham Thunder View Post
    Amile, my Philadelphia brother.

Our starters were either barely average, or liabilities.
    ???

What about Rasheed?

My vote goes to Amile. Last year on these boards I said I wanted to recruit him more than Shabazz. This game shows why. I love this kid!

I voted for Rasheed, but we absolutely do not win this game without Amile. He was huge! Great defensive effort by Tyler and Kelly as well.
    T '05, SOM '10

Had to give it to Sulaimon the Great for a solid all around game, though I was tempted to reward Amile for an outstanding performance in a high-pressure situation with Ryan, Mason, and Josh all saddled with 4 fouls. Gotta love that the kid steps right into that situation and not only holds his own, but frustrates the heck out of the second leading scorer in the country... Great defensive effort today, and very solid grind-it-out win... Bring on Sparty!

Team win.

I voted for Rasheed for his big scoring night and solid D, but Seth was big for a stretch there in the 2nd half, Amile (& his go-go-gadget arms) really came through when needed, and Tyler was awsome on D (especially on help situations)... & that key 3 to end the half. Great team win! GO DUKE!!!!
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

I have to give it to rasheed but Amile deserves a ton of credit. Curry also gave us a big spark midway through the 2nd.

Amile, for playing great D, doing the little things, and making the most of an opportunity. Shades of Dre against Baylor, IMO.

Tyler deserves some credit here too. Lead the team in rebounding with 6, went 2/2 from the floor, both 3s, and had a couple of Tyler Thornton plays, hustling and getting us a few extra possessions. I thought he really set the tone with his toughness and physicality too, they didn't look right on offense all night, and Tyler was a big part of that.

This was a tough one for me. Voted for Sheed, he played great, but I was so impressed with Amile's play, he stepped up when we needed him. Just a great win.

Sheed! With huge props to Amile as well as Kelly's defense.

McDermott did not have a fg in the 2nd half
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Props to Tyler and Amile for great defense and hustle.

But it has to go to Sheed. I love that guy and I love it when he plays fearless.

Quote Originally Posted by bedeviled View Post
    For the curious: I made the Tyler Thornton vote. I was very impressed with his team defense. When no guarding McDermott, he provided great help. When guarding McDermott, he shut him down like he did Reggie Bullock. AND, he, shockingly, had no fouls today.
    yea, that might be the most surprising stat of the game.