Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke v. Maryland ACCT Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

Fear no turtle - beat the Twerps.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Fear no turtle - beat the Twerps.
    We own the Big Ten. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    We own the Big Ten. No worries.
    At that ever-so-neutral court located in Greensboro, North Carolina, you should have no problems at all.

In fact, it's a lock.

Duke by 20+

Quote Originally Posted by NDMD View Post
    At that ever-so-neutral court located in Greensboro, North Carolina, you should have no problems at all.

In fact, it's a lock.

Duke by 20+
    Wondering if they brought a large fan base from Alaska. Doubt it.

Where does the B10 have their tourney? Dubuque?

Hell, against Md, we may need get some neutral fans to pull for us. Other than Heel fans, of course.

Payback time!!!!!

I am certain Mason wants another shot at Len, who just has not looked anything like a high lottery pick lately. It should be fun to watch the Terp PFs chase Ryan around too!

-Jason "I want to stomp them by 30!!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Wondering if they brought a large fan base from Alaska. Doubt it.

Hell, against Md, we may need get some neutral fans to pull for us. Other than Heel fans, of course.
    This year's BIG tournament will be held in Chicago.

I hear they want to move it to Madison Square Garden. We're doomed.

In fact, it's a lock.

Duke by 20+
    Maryland played only two players over thirty minutes. Wake played a lot of guys over thirty minutes. Duke would have garnered more of a fatigue advantage had wake won. Just a note
    Also Maryland is a more physical team than wake and will take more out of our devils IMHO than wake would have. Important if considering trying to win Saturday etc

Is the current thought that Maryland will play one more season in the ACC?

I'd be happy to see them go sooner, and what better exit prize than a thorough beating by their "rival".

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    I'd be happy to see them go sooner, and what better exit prize than a thorough beating by their "rival".
    Dear Roy,

No one in College Park expects Maryland to win tomorrow night.

Especially, in Greensboro. A Duke win tomorrow is a done deal.

I don't know why people are giving NDMD a hard time...I kinda liked having a Terp around....for now.

Turtle soup tomorrow night!

Key questions for the Maryland game:

1. How will Mason do vs. Alex Len? This is the million-dollar match-up.

2. Will Kelly play well against the beefy Terps? Padgett(6-8, 235) usually starts, but Charles Mitchell (6-8, 260) and Shaquille Cleare (6-9, 265) will see plenty of action guarding both Ryan and Mason.

3. Can the Duke shooters get and make open shots against the big guards for the Terps. This was a problem in College Park; not so much in Durham.

3a. And will Rasheed be an effective offensive performer after four down games?

4. Can the fumbling Terps take care of the ball? TO's and easy run-outs will make Duke's task easier. No prediction here, but this will be a key performance indicator. (Do we use the acronym KPI in hoops?).

5. Who has the fire in the belly for this game? The Terps have the motivation, although they are sub-bubble at the moment. I expect Duke to be on a mission.

sagegrouse
    'Go Duke!'

In fact, it's a lock.

Duke by 20+
    The majority of fans in the building tomorrow night will be rooting for Maryland. Doubt it will affect the result much.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Key questions for the Maryland game:

1. How will Mason do vs. Alex Len? This is the million-dollar match-up. '
    Nice write-up Sage.

I suspect that Mason has watched the replay of the travesty in College Park (starting with Len's two handed shove in the back at the beginning of the game) and is plenty motivated for this one. I think it will play out a lot more like the first game against MD than the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I expect Duke to be on a mission.
    Agreed. I think we pound the Terps by 20 and send them packing to the NIT.

15. We have good reason to be confident, but we shouldn't get too overconfident.

Maryland will be fighting for their tournament lives -- beat us again and win the semi-final game after and they are in the NCAA tournament.

They're going to be hungry and aggressive; we will have to match their energy.

In fact, it's a lock.

Duke by 20+
    Agree that Duke will win the game handily, but because Duke is a much better team than Maryland (not because it is in Greensboro).

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIE V(A) View Post
    Agree that Duke will win the game handily, but because Duke is a much better team than Maryland (not because it is in Greensboro).
    NDMD is a terp fan, so he's terping about the location. Remember, Maryland has never lost to Duke because Duke's a better team. It's the refs, or the location, or some dirty K trick, or whatever.

As for the actual game, Maryland's size gave us fits last time around. We're a bigger team with RK back, and the spread he gives our offense should give Maryland a harder time at the defensive end. Our perimeter guys need to keep the Maryland guards from penetrating and, as long as that happens and we hit some shots, we should be ok.

Expect the house to be packed with Tarheel fans cheering for Maryland. But Duke's used to that in Greensboro.

Go Duke, Go FSU.

If both these teams are healthy and playing at their utmost best abilities, the turtles are no match. They could play in a heated gym in Antartica, it wouldn't affect the outcome of a Duke win...by 20-25 points.

I won't be able to go so far as to say,"Goodbye". I also can't wait to see how the Maryland Hospitality Corps is responded to by their future midwest visitors. Whew!

Katie! Katie!
    Door.

A lot of people seem to have forgotten that Maryland will still be in the ACC next year. They will not be joining the B1G until the 2014-15 academic year, so irrespective of this evening's outcome, the game will not be the twerps' ACC swan song. It will still be enjoyable to mop the court with them another time, but we'll have that opportunity at least once or twice more next season.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    The majority of fans in the building tomorrow night will be rooting for Maryland.
    Tonight may be the exception to the rule. Plenty of anti MD sentiment in the building last night.