Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by vick View Post
    From VT press release.

Erick Green - 38
    Shane Larkin - 23
    Mason Plumlee - 12

Out of 76 votes. Don't know who got the other three--I'd guess Harris.
    I can see Green winning, but by that wide of a margin? And Plumlee only got 12 votes?

Dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by nocilla View Post
    Durand Scott DPOY

Interesting since he didn't make the ACC-Defensive team. (not that I disagree.)

ACC Sports ‏@ACCSports
    Erick Green ACC POY, Durand Scott, DPOY, Olivier Hanlan Rookie of the Year.
    If true, I'd have no problem with any of those selections. Green was my pick for PoY (Harris second, Mason third). Scott is a very solid choice for DPoY. And Hanlan had the best (and most consistent) year among the freshman.

I'd have loved to see Sulaimon and Mason honored with FoY and PoY, but I think the guys who got it were deserving.

To the historians here: how many times has the ACC POY, or any conference POY, come from the team that finished dead last?

VT's Erick Green wins ACC POY

http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskb...031213aaa.html

Leading the nation in scoring, I think, over came being on the last place team.
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

Quote Originally Posted by BuschDevil View Post

Yup. And doing so without being simply a chucker (like Stoglin was last year). Green was a really efficient offensive player this year, and a pretty good defender too. On a team in which he was largely the only real scoring threat, to score so efficiently and so often is really impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    To the historians here: how many times has the ACC POY, or any conference POY, come from the team that finished dead last?
    In the ACC? Never. Len Bias is the only player to win ACC POY for a team that finished below .500, and his team was a 5-seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Who's the jokester?

Who voted for Michael Snaer as ACC player of the year? C'mon, fess up. It was awfully cute of you to do that, but I'm afraid we are going to have to take your vote away.

Quote Originally Posted by BuschDevil View Post

Yeah. There is a lot of cache in that, rightly or wrongly. I imagine if Green was even second in the nation in scoring he loses a number of votes. But he was 2 ppg clear of the no. 2 scorer. When was the last time the ACC had a national scoring leader? JJ was 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    Yeah. There is a lot of cache in that, rightly or wrongly. I imagine if Green was even second in the nation in scoring he loses a number of votes. But he was 2 ppg clear of the no. 2 scorer. When was the last time the ACC had a national scoring leader? JJ was 2nd.
    I believe it was Grady Wallace, for South Carolina, in 1957.

If he finishes as the nation's scoring leader, Green will be the first "BCS-conference" player to win the title since Glenn Robinson in 1994.

It's not official of anything, but Pomeroy - as part of his conference Tourney previews - released his ACC Players of the Year:

All-kenpom: Mason Plumlee, Duke (kPOY); Joe Harris, Virginia; Akil Mitchell, Virginia; Kenny Kadji, Miami; Quinn Cook, Duke.

Again, this incorporates Defense and promotes teams for winning which is why Erick Green is left out. Nice to see Quinn there.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    It's not official of anything, but Pomeroy - as part of his conference Tourney previews - released his ACC Players of the Year:

All-kenpom: Mason Plumlee, Duke (kPOY); Joe Harris, Virginia; Akil Mitchell, Virginia; Kenny Kadji, Miami; Quinn Cook, Duke.

Again, this incorporates Defense and promotes teams for winning which is why Erick Green is left out. Nice to see Quinn there.
    Quinn's play this year boosted Duke a level. Remember when we were not sure if he'd be platooned with Tyler again this season? Well, he wont he job in Maui and has been solid ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Quinn's play this year boosted Duke a level. Remember when we were not sure if he'd be platooned with Tyler again this season? Well, he wont he job in Maui and has been solid ever since.
    Very strong chance Quinn Cook is first-team all-ACC next year, IMO. His progress from last year to this has been notable, and I hope to see him step up to the mantle of being one of the team leaders next season. But I digress...