Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sudden Death

Sudden Death

Not the basketball kind, but like what happened to Greensboro high school basketball player Josh Level this week. It may be that we'll find out what happened to Josh, but maybe not, too, and the fact is that sudden unexplained death in children (SUDC) is more common than you might think. As just one example, and as some old-timers on this website will remember, my nine-year old daughter Maria, a big Duke fan, died in her sleep back in 2002, and we really don't know why to this day. As it turns out, there is legislation before Congress right now that would seek to make coroner's investigations of these kinds of death more uniform, that would lead to much better data and that would greatly help the relatively few scientists working on these issues. I'd be obliged if you would take a moment to let your national representatives know that you support this bill: https://www.votervoice.net/SIDS/Campaigns/26685/Respond

Thanks so much.

Will Carrington

Just sent my letter. Too important to slide to second page.

Sent my letter, and thank you so much for your post and link info.

I sent mine.

Sent mine as well and hope it helps out.

Added mine into the mix.

+1...

Sent. Sorry to hear about your loss, Will. Hopefully this bill will help someone in the future.

sent
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by WillJ View Post
    Not the basketball kind, but like what happened to Greensboro high school basketball player Josh Level this week. It may be that we'll find out what happened to Josh, but maybe not, too, and the fact is that sudden unexplained death in children (SUDC) is more common than you might think. As just one example, and as some old-timers on this website will remember, my nine-year old daughter Maria, a big Duke fan, died in her sleep back in 2002, and we really don't know why to this day. As it turns out, there is legislation before Congress right now that would seek to make coroner's investigations of these kinds of death more uniform, that would lead to much better data and that would greatly help the relatively few scientists working on these issues. I'd be obliged if you would take a moment to let your national representatives know that you support this bill: https://www.votervoice.net/SIDS/Campaigns/26685/Respond

Thanks so much.

Will Carrington
    Will-

Thank you for sharing this opportunity. I am very sorry to hear about your daughter Maria -- the loss of a child is the most difficult thing I can comprehend. This legislation certainly makes a lot of sense, and I hope it passes. Please keep us updated.

Sent. Hope it helps.

+1. Sorry for your loss Will.

Thanks Will for posting this and I am sorry for your loss, that is incomprehensible. Let's try to keep this on the front page because he's right, it happens more than we think. Two of my really good high school friends lost their little sisters in the same year 2001. I sent mine and hopefully something will come of it.

BTT is too short. Back to the top.

Thanks

Thanks for all the help...this board is the best.

Sent and may God bless you and your family.

Sent.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

sent -- +1

sent
    I am sorry about the loss of your daughter . Thanks for raising awareness of the issue.

Sent mine.
    Would it be ok if I posted this link on my facebook page to share? I would like to get as many people as possible to email.

ARo24